C.R Foxhound 09-13-2003 10:16 PM
lol, how ironic

Most of the people contibuting to this are women Big Grin

*not that theres anything wrong with that*

Its too bad we cant go to japan, im sure something like this could get made
Sixfortyfive 09-13-2003 10:48 PM
Heh. I noticed that too.
Lady Tesser 09-13-2003 10:54 PM
Thanks, Evan and Redd. ^_^ Special thanks to the artists!

It would be funny, CR. Considering there are tons of universes out there centering around El Hazard, Tenchi, and Revolutionary Girl Utena, then why not another universe of Big O with the characters being opposite genders? It would probably get attention, especially with Roxanne acting like a guy but still being straight. And I'm pretty sure the Shinji-Misato relationship of Dorian and Roxanne would appeal to many.

Well, forget the French Twist, Rouge. Just make it a pile on her head, like Angel (female) has sometimes. Although I like the large bun look I've been sketching.

It's going to be really fun when this swings into gear, especially Dorian and Roxanne's interactions.

Nighty-night, folks.
Rouge 09-13-2003 11:05 PM
lol yeah really ironic ^__^ maybe because now the main characters are female? Or maybe because a lot of females happen to frequent here?

I seriously need to see more of that male Angel now XD (Don't mind me)

EDIT: Alright I'll do one with Roxanne with a bun and another one with her with short hair. Mmmm? maybe Roxanne can be like female Angel changing hairstyles now and then...And Dorian making harsh remarks about it, Roxanne geting mad at him and he responding to her harsh behavior with a "PMSing" comment and then a verbal fight ensues...And Norma has to drag Roxanne away to the Griffon.
Sixfortyfive 09-13-2003 11:56 PM
I'm getting acquainted with Photoshop...
pen1300 09-14-2003 08:42 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Rouge
lol yeah really ironic ^__^ maybe because now the main characters are female? Or maybe because a lot of females happen to frequent here?

I seriously need to see more of that male Angel now XD (Don't mind me)

Hmm...maybe its because we can now make the show to our standards? I mean, I think there are few of us. When I joined, I was like the only daily female around...now we have like...five. I dunno why the females are in charge, but WE ARE!Big Grin

Anyway, yeah this is looking good. I'm still thinking how to ask the head guys for a section for this...I mean, we need a place for artists to put up their rendition so that writers can choose their artist, and then a place for the finished projects...oh this is going to be SOO cool!!

(I can see our own one shot- Roxanne and chocolate. "I DEMAND chocolate NOW NORMA!"~Rox
"That chocolate is going to her head. I mean, look at her, she has chocolate all the time."~Dor
"Well, chocolate is Mistress Roxanne's comfort food." ~Norma
"Take it away Norma, I'm going to gain ten pounds!"~Rox)

Heh...ok...that was sad.

Later,
Pen1300
Lady Tesser 09-14-2003 09:57 AM
That was hilarious, pen! (And Rouge's PMSing bit was a hair straightener!)

Yeah, we can probably get away with a lot more of the 'earthy' jokes and stereotypes with our own version. And since this is a female-centered Big O universe, it takes a woman to know that view through Roxanne Smith's eyes rather than Roger's Smith's eyes. (Not to mention our own eye-candy version of Angel - sweet to look at that, but dangerous when touched.)

Pen - this universe does present a problem, doesn't it? The episodes - translated directly - are too big for a regular post on the forums (came out to well over 20, 000 characters on the message length count, which only allows 10,000). Perhaps the guys will allow a sub-fanworks section or just a section in the fanworks dedicated to 'Parallel Big O' with an introductory and someone to take care of what art and stories go in? Art work samples can be posted up in this thread so if writers like the style, they can PM and ask, and vice versa if an artist wants to illustrate for a writer, ditto ditto.

*looks at Roxanne's wake up pic again, this time in color* Hey, I didn't see the thong before! Boy, that'll bring up a whole new kettle of fish the first time!

Dorian playing Jimi Hendrix on guitar. Roxanne slams the bedroom door open, standing in the doorway in her white tank top, black thong panties, her long black hair tangled up from attack by pillow monsters, and her face quite scary due to being woken out of a sound sleep.
"R. DORIAN WAYNERIGHT! Stop that racket!"
Dorian looks up at Roxanne, notes her appreance, and replies, "Good morning, Roxanne. Norma says your breakfast is getting cold. I guess you are, too, considering the amount of skin you're showing."
Roxanne pulls her hair back from her face, snarling at him. "This is my house, Dorian, and I can wear what I want and ... damn, it IS cold, isn't it?"
She turns and goes back into her room, shutting the door. Dorian begins playing 'Stairway to Heaven' and comments, "I did not know goosebumps could show up on women's backends."
From the bedroom, Roxanne yells, "I HEARD THAT!"

Bad, bad, Tess! ^_^ I don't think I'll use that ... well, I might ...
C.R Foxhound 09-14-2003 10:38 AM
Embarrassed Sweatdrop oh boy,that wonderful hormone estrogen is dripping from this thread......im not safe here anymore Big Grin

.....ehh i guess ill stick to writing Dorian, and and maybe Angel. I'f I wrote Roxy, she'd really would come out like a guy, in a bad way...

Dorian: Roxanne,your increasingly man-ish beheavior leads me to believe
that you stand up when you go to the bathroom, and your voice is deeper than most women's

Roxanne:Sweatdrop ....Norma?

Norma: Yes mistress?

Roxanne: Some andriods bring you tea or fix your car...why does mine happen to be a smartass?!!?!

*gets thrown off of thread for crappy writing*

btw, would Angel speak spanish?
JinguJ 09-14-2003 10:48 AM
So you'll use my idea of Roxanne using minimun clothing in the morning? XD

Gaaaa, I have to draw 'em
Lady Tesser 09-14-2003 10:54 AM
Actually, CR, I like that. That was one of the things I was going to bring up in the stories, of how 'man-ish' Roxanne acts, which Dorian thinks is very inappropriate (his creator may have been Tina Wayneright, but old Tina was a Lady).

Good question about Angel and Spanish. I think so, just to throw another mystery on the pile. However, that controversial Beck episode a few weeks ago made me wonder if Paradigm is truly New York, and the amnesia affected only stored memory as oppsed to basic memory (learning a language from birth), then there would be a Hispanic district of Paradigm City just like there would be Chinatown and the Italian and the Jewish-Yiddish parts. If anything, people would think Angel was just from the Hispanic neighborhoods.

Although that all gets cancelled out considering they don't know French; you'd think they'd be at least one French person in NY during the Event.

Well, let's assume that all languages got set to English after the Event, and anything non-English is considered foreign. So, okay, Angel knows Spanish but uses it sparingly so as not to gain any suspicion (meaning he only uses it around Roxanne).

To Jingu - yeah, why not? It'll teach her to put a robe on before she comes out. Eventually.
C.R Foxhound 09-14-2003 10:59 AM
Maybe the present Dorian gives Roxanne for heaven's day is a pair of earplugs and black robe....

....i dunno what she'd give him...

....classical guitar for dummies?......

I guess Angel could use spanish to seduce Roxanne

Angel: Ahhh Rocita, mi corazon, dame su cuerpo, alma y besos...

Roxanne: Down boy....Embarrassed Sweatdrop
JinguJ 09-14-2003 11:00 AM
An evening black suit? A tie? Hrm. A Black coat? XD Or a black trousers?

ARGH! Questions regarding the heights in order to draw the scenes

Who's taller than who?

Dorian is taller than Roxanne or..

and beck still taller than Roxanne.. or..

Edit: Please do not double post ~Pen1300
C.R Foxhound 09-14-2003 11:12 AM
My guess is that Dorian is taller than Roxanne

Norma is shorter than Roxanne, just a lil bit

Angel is the tallest

Beth is a bit taller than Roxanne

Dani is taller than both Roxanne and Beth,same size as Dorian

.....man, thats sound like a damn word problem or something. Sorry if im confusing
David F 09-14-2003 11:53 AM
If you don’t mind my saying perhaps Beth Gold is taller because due to her flamboyant attire she wears pretty high platform shoes but without them she would probably be around Roxy’s height.
Sixfortyfive 09-14-2003 12:33 PM
I don't know how much you intend on changing for everybody's fanfic counterparts, but here are some stats for each character taken directly off the profiles of the Japanese site:

Now friendly to the metric-impaired!

Roger - 25 years old, 180 cm (5'11") tall
Dorothy - 18 years old, 160 cm (5'3") tall, 130 kg (287 lbs)
Norman - 54 years old, 195 cm (6'5") tall
Dastun - 47 years old, 180 cm (5'11") tall
Angel - 26 years old, 175 cm (5'9") tall
Big Ear - 49 years old, 170 cm (5'7") tall
Dale (Speakeasy bartender) - 38 years old, 178 cm (5'10") tall
Beck - 22 years old, 190 cm (6'3") tall
Schwarzwald - 180 cm (5'11") tall
Alex - 43 years old
Big O - 30 m (98'5") tall

I can get the names and ages of most of the minor characters too if you want.
C.R Foxhound 09-14-2003 02:28 PM
$*@#!!!!

my scanner no work!!!!

nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

...ah well, the drawings here already are fine

[edit] I know this suggestion is probably stupid and wont fly, but i thiught maybe the parralel universe shoul'dnt get underway until the regular season ends, then we can see how everything shapes up and maybe take some pointers from here or there. I dont mean just stop developing it, maybe a "pre-production" stage of sorts

*gets tomatoes thrown at him for thinking of such a stupid thing*
Sixfortyfive 09-14-2003 02:46 PM
It's not a bad idea, but I don't see much of a problem with setting up the first part of the story right now.
C.R Foxhound 09-14-2003 02:49 PM
well yea,thats what i meant, but just dont hurry and get into the thick of it so quickly,whatever, this seems to belong to the women anyway, whatever they want is fine.

*stupid mofo scanner!!!! Mad *
Lady Tesser 09-14-2003 03:12 PM
EEK! Where's my metric conversion charts??

Here's my suggestions, in American systems -

Roxanne - 5'8" (5'11" in her stiletto heels, mainly so she can use intimidation if she has to)
Dorian - 5'10" (teenage male; average height, anyway)
Norma - 5'4" (she is getting up there in age and age shrinks a person; although the fact that Norman is 54 and looks 70 bothers me - Brits do age fast, I guess)
Dastun - 5'11" (there's a reason she's looked up to!)
Angel - 6'2"
Alexia - 5'6" (can hardly tell, though, since she's usually behind a desk; doesn't need heels to intimidate people when she does stand)
Beck - 5'7" (I like the idea of platforms, so she'd be 6'1" with the traditional 6 inch platforms)
Big Ear - 5'5" (typical gal, for an - well, if you read spoilers you'll know)
Schwarzwald - 5'9" (if you want to count the cone, she's almost six feet tall)

The ages are definitely the same.

Big O is about 120 feet tall? I thought he was 250 feet. Oopsie.

Oh, CR, how terrible! You have my sympathy! *hug, pat on head*

It occurred to me Roxanne is a very different person between her 'at home' look and 'business' look. It's the same for most women, but her appearance difference is remarkable ...

At home - loose and wavy black hair hanging down her shoulders, usually in tank top and black pants (or just tank and thong when sleeping), no shoes (I think she's usually barefoot at home) so she's her regular height, no make-up.
Business - structured black suit with short skirt, black backseamed stockings, black stiletto heels (making her tall and imposing), the gloves, black and white jabot, her hair pulled up into a bun or braid or pile - always up except for a strand on each side which is level with her shoulders, conservative make up (at least black eyeliner and neutral lipstick).

See the difference?

For the boy Angel fans -

Business - earth tone three-piece suit with tie, his black hair slicked back, always wears a pair of glasses. Looks like any other corporate clerk/secretary that would answer to the names of 'Accountant', 'File Boy', and 'Hey, you - get the coffee'.
Off-time - black boots, pleather pants, open shirt showing off a dusky chest, pleather duster that hides all sorts of weapons, black hair in his face showing one smoldering black eye and a smirk.

*hears Rouge panting in the back, demanding to have one of her own* Settle down, dear. ^_^

Hey, CR, what does Angel's 'seduction' line say? 'Wash my car and I'll give you tablescrapes'? Evil
C.R Foxhound 09-14-2003 03:23 PM
lol tablescraps

*Roxanne, my love, give me your body, soul and kisses*

Rocita is just something he calls her,its common in spanish to call someone a nickname with the "ito" suffix(o for males a for females)

the letter x i spanish has a kinda of a huff sound,it should sound like Rohita,but i dunno if Angel's accent is that thick

And corazon means heart,but, in spanish it has several uses, pretty much most of them deal with love and whatnot, so you would call your husband "mi amor" or "mi corazon",same thing,my love my heart,whatever

[edit-thats a lame ass seduction line,no wonder im single!oh well ,i guess when you have tan skin, long black hair,nice eyes and a deep voice, whatever you say must be like candy]