[Question] Colored HTML/PHP source code of Doooooom...

Green_Bird 02-07-2005 02:32 AM
My mom cleaned out her cookies today, so I was logged out. So I desided to log back in. Usualy I get Now forwarding. Not this time, I got Red, black, and blue colored HTML code for that page for some reason!

Why would it do that? has anyone else exsperianced this?
Krang 02-07-2005 02:54 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
My mom cleaned out her cookies today, so I was logged out. So I desided to log back in. Usualy I get Now forwarding. Not this time, I got Red, black, and blue colored HTML code for that page for some reason!

Why would it do that? has anyone else exsperianced this?

Try logging out, clearing your cookies, closing and re-opening your browser, then logging in again. Does it happen again? If so, please take a screenshot so that I can figure out what's wrong. If not, it was probably just a temporary server error.
Green_Bird 02-08-2005 08:42 PM
Here's the thing. I got rid of it by going back to the main page and refreshing the page. Apparently, even though I got the HTML code, it logged me in anyway.

It was the first time it happened....
Green_Bird 09-23-2005 10:39 PM
It felt longer then Febuary that I posted this Sweatdrop ...But anyways. It's happening again.....the cookies have been cleaned, a defrag has been done...and I'm still getting the colored HTML/PHP code for everyother page. And this time refreshing the page doesn't work! I have to go out and come back in if I want to look at the page normaly. Not to mention that there's nothing much to take a screenshot of, it's just the sourse for the page O_o .

EDIT- Forgot to add, sometimes the page loads half way then goes to the code....what would cause that?
Krang 09-24-2005 01:05 AM
Which browser are you using? Do you get this error on other sites as well?
Green_Bird 09-24-2005 08:44 AM
I'm using IE. And this is the only site it does it on.....
Generalissimo D 09-24-2005 10:43 AM
quote:

Well therin lies your problem. Have a go at it with Firefox..better than IE(Its safer at least). And Opera's free now if that catches your fancy. IE does some weird things...I think I got the source thing on it once or twice...But I hardly clean my cookies so it wasnt a problem.
Krang 09-24-2005 11:04 PM
quote:

That's strange, since IE doesn't have any form of syntax highlighting, so if it were to display source code, it should all be in one color. Anyway, the first thing to try is to clear your cookies and cache (Temporary Internet Files) as described above. Then, update your browser and OS using Windows Update (or Microsoft Update) on your Start Menu. If that doesn't help, I would recommend going with Firefox or Opera like D-Boy suggested (that will also eliminate alot of other problems, such as malicious ActiveX controls and other unpatched security holes).
Green_Bird 09-26-2005 06:31 PM
The weird thing is it only happens on my mom's computer (the one that I'm on at the moment). She can't update her OS because of it being 98 and all, but we have updated the browser to the latest verson that's out and this didn't start happening until we did.

And in the words of the guy who works on the computer "Firefox slows down older computers or ones that have low memory." So I can't nessasaraly try it or anything to see if it fixes the problem.
Krang 09-26-2005 10:44 PM
quote:
And in the words of the guy who works on the computer "Firefox slows down older computers or ones that have low memory." So I can't nessasaraly try it or anything to see if it fixes the problem.

I've used Firefox on a 466MHz Celeron with 256MB RAM running Windows 98 and it works fine, so if the computer's specs are anywhere around that, you should be ok. You could also try Opera, although I'm not sure about its system requirements.
X Prime 09-26-2005 10:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:

I've used Firefox on a 466MHz Celeron with 256MB RAM running Windows 98 and it works fine, so if the computer's specs are anywhere around that, you should be ok. You could also try Opera, although I'm not sure about its system requirements.

Supposedly it's even lower than that. Far lower. Keyword being supposedly.