Episode 13 Discussion "Flame Vs. FullMetal"

nathjan 02-05-2005 10:49 PM
less than 15 minutes away from the episode, so heres the episode discussion thread. have fun and enjoy.
Shredder 02-05-2005 10:55 PM
Thanks, nathjan!

It's a good one. Happy
Sephiroth 02-05-2005 11:29 PM
So many things to say! That episode was amazing. By far the best one yet. The fight was great, and Mustang's alchemy rules. I really liked the comedy Hughes and the others provided. It was pretty funny. Especially the part where Mustang shares his great dream of having all the girls wear mini skirts. Scar is back. Thats awesome. Fuhrer King Bradley is back in the show too. We also get to see a little more of Mustang's past. Its pretty troubled for a person who seems so cocky and filled with pride. Plus, we got to see what Lust, Envy, and Gluttony have been doing back in the town we saw in the first episode. Plus, we will be seeing much more of
spoiler (highlight to read):
that girl who was accompanying King Bradley from now on.
All in all, a brilliant episode.
Green_Bird 02-06-2005 12:02 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sephiroth
Plus, we will be seeing much more of

She's accualy Sloth. You wouldn't believe what info I picked up when I did the FMA trainers Smile .

Mustang's as crazy as Hughes O_o. I couldn't stop laughing. Espesualy at the "Is that a dog? I love dogs!" and the mini-skirt parts Laughing . Also when Hughes, once again, couldn't stop talking about his daughter....like at the opening to the fight Big Grin . Tonights was a good episode all in all.....
Sephiroth 02-06-2005 12:21 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
quote:
Originally posted by Sephiroth
Plus, we will be seeing much more of

She's accualy Sloth. You wouldn't believe what info I picked up when I did the FMA trainers Smile .

Mustang's as crazy as Hughes O_o. I couldn't stop laughing. Espesualy at the "Is that a dog? I love dogs!" and the mini-skirt parts Laughing . Also when Hughes, once again, couldn't stop talking about his daughter....like at the opening to the fight Big Grin . Tonights was a good episode all in all.....

I got all my info from the FMA website. It has a lot of stuff there about the later episodes. Plus, I've read the manga thats on the internet, of course that says nothing about Sloth, because anime Sloth is a woman, a very important woman for reasons which are too much of spoilers to say, in the manga its a big, muscle bound idiot of a guy.
Zopwx2 02-06-2005 02:28 AM
I liked this episode alot more. The silliness worked better overall in this one that it did in some of the previous episodes.

The cat/dog and the dudes daughter things.

I tend to like more of the seroius political plots and they let us in on alot more of that stuff in this one.

We finally get into Mustang's backstory a little bit, and some more foreshadowing of that alchemist killer guy.

Plus more realism here, fullmetal is shown as naive, he thinks he saved lior but only made it worse.

P.S.

Was it just me or did the animation improve?
nathjan 02-06-2005 02:36 AM
wow this was a great episode even though the fight lasted like only 2 or 3 minutes. Hawkeye is a bad person for shooting bullets at the dog even though they did miss him. the stance and expression on the dog was priceless. The humor on this episode was great. Scar is a cool bad guy. 10/10
Wingnut 02-06-2005 02:48 AM
quote:
Originally posted by nathjan
wow this was a great episode even though the fight lasted like only 2 or 3 minutes. Hawkeye is a bad person for shooting bullets at the dog even though they did miss him. the stance and expression on the dog was priceless. The humor on this episode was great. Scar is a cool bad guy. 10/10

That was the best part involveing the dog. "You got a strict mommy now." Although that one guy wanting to make a delecisy out of it was a close 2nd.
I can see that Hawkeye silently dreads the day that Mustang might accually get to the Furer position and make his "dream" a reality, although she doubts he will make it that far. Although with the alchemest killer around he might thin the ranks enough for Mustang to advance far enough up the chain of command to have a decient shot at the top.
The best part of the fight was when Ed thought he had Mustang beat by tearing up his right glove and then makeing hte huge cannon. Then Mustang calmly pulls out his left hand with an identical glove and sends Ed packing. Not to mention the parts about torching the officer crowd to get to Ed.
nathjan 02-06-2005 03:30 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut
That was the best part involveing the dog. "You got a strict mommy now." Although that one guy wanting to make a delecisy out of it was a close 2nd.
I can see that Hawkeye silently dreads the day that Mustang might accually get to the Furer position and make his "dream" a reality, although she doubts he will make it that far. Although with the alchemest killer around he might thin the ranks enough for Mustang to advance far enough up the chain of command to have a decient shot at the top.
The best part of the fight was when Ed thought he had Mustang beat by tearing up his right glove and then makeing hte huge cannon. Then Mustang calmly pulls out his left hand with an identical glove and sends Ed packing. Not to mention the parts about torching the officer crowd to get to Ed.

yeap. no matter which way you slice it, it was a awsome episode.
Demosthenes 02-06-2005 12:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by nathjan
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut

yeap. no matter which way you slice it, it was a awsome episode.

Yes, i agree. This is the second episode of FMA ive seen, and already im hooked(Big O took about 5 episodes of the toonami cut for me to get into it)!
Tabris-kun 02-06-2005 05:10 PM
Mustang is strange
Madrona 02-06-2005 05:13 PM
Oh I wanted to know more about Roy Mustang and boy did I get it!!

Just to let you know he's not all business, they threw in the silliness with the mini-skirt and the dog
"I love dogs!!" Yes, he was manic wasn't he? I am am a bit curious as to the commancd structure that make Mustang believe that he will have the ability to become Furher. I want to see him try to make Hawkeye wear a miniskirt. Shocked

It was nice to get some backstory in there too. What kind of guy he really is. He obvioulsy has a heavy burden from his past to bare.

How did Ed know that Roy knew about Marco? And what makes him give that girl with the King such an interesting look? He obviouly knows there is something different about her. Aside from the fact that she is the only one not in a uniform.....besides himself.

I also want to check something with you all. Did Roy ask Ed if it was true that the Siren was a "10"? My husband deleted the show before I had a chance to double check.

Ah, I love this show!!! I want it on DVD now!!!

quote:
Mustang is strange
And that's a bad thing?? Oh I like him even more for it!!!

Madrona
Demosthenes 02-06-2005 05:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Madrona
I am am a bit curious as to the commancd structure that make Mustang believe that he will have the ability to become Furher.

From www.fulmetal-alchemist.com:

General of the Army (Fuhrer)
General
Lieutenant General
Major General
Brigadier General
Colonel( Roy Mustang)
Lt. Colonel
Major
Captain
First Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Sergeant Denny
Warrant Officer

Hope it helps!
nathjan 02-06-2005 05:45 PM
Madrona 02-06-2005 06:03 PM
Thanks for the help all. That now makes a lot more sense. But Roy has a long way to go before he gets that far doesn't he? I guess he's a man with long term goals.
Wingnut 02-06-2005 07:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Madrona
Thanks for the help all. That now makes a lot more sense. But Roy has a long way to go before he gets that far doesn't he? I guess he's a man with long term goals.

Indeed, he always seems to be thinking several moves ahead at all times.
And yes, he did ask Ed if Psyren was a 10 under the mask, to which Ed's face reddened and replyed that it was none of his business or something like that.
The Shadow 02-08-2005 02:26 PM
Entertaining episode - nice bit of a break after the 2 parter but still leaves you primed for all the upcoming shows
aeternus_flammus 02-08-2005 07:32 PM
I was actually disappointed in the episode, it felt like a lot of filler. It was only at the end they mention the alchemist killer. This is my first time watching the entire series through so . . . maybe I missed something
Sara Comatori 02-09-2005 07:36 AM
...It was soooo funny!!! Huges is now my Anime HomeBoy! HawkEye Is now my Anime HomeGirl!
nathjan 02-09-2005 07:58 AM
Got to love Roy Mustang