[Other] literature thread!!!

Howler_65 02-05-2005 07:37 PM
this is for all literature i couldnt find any lit thread newhere else so i made one...

anyways im a writer and a poet mostly apoet hers one of my poems...

Lifes Wonderer
questions come
and question go
I have done
and I now will show

Life's Wonderer I am to be
I will fight
and I will struggle
until victory

life is here
then it's gone
should I wonder
or live it long

find the answers
through peril or danger
or play it safe
as an ignorant stranger

I shall question
as Life's Wonderer
through thick or thin
greatness and plunder

this is copyrighted so ask me to use it!!!j\k go ahead and use it

i have more if ud like too see it on www.poetry.com look under joshua parker ( middle initial z or zack all 3 of em)
Sephiroth 02-05-2005 07:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Howler_65
this is for all literature i couldnt find any lit thread newhere else so i made one...

anyways im a writer and a poet mostly apoet hers one of my poems...

Lifes Wonderer
questions come
and question go
I have done
and I now will show

Life's Wonderer I am to be
I will fight
and I will struggle
until victory

life is here
then it's gone
should I wonder
or live it long

find the answers
through peril or danger
or play it safe
as an ignorant stranger

I shall question
as Life's Wonderer
through thick or thin
greatness and plunder

this is copyrighted so ask me to use it!!!j\k go ahead and use it

i have more if ud like too see it on www.poetry.com look under joshua parker ( middle initial z or zack all 3 of em)

By literature, what do you mean? Do you mean a discussion of any kind of literate, such as books and poetry?
Almasy 02-05-2005 08:04 PM
Maybe this belongs in the Nightingale Forum? Confused

Anyway, nice poem! ^_^
S.O.C. 02-06-2005 12:55 AM
funny how that goes with my sig huh? i olny wonder how it happened, nice poem agian man see ya monday

peace- S.O.C.
Howler_65 02-06-2005 03:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sephiroth

By literature, what do you mean? Do you mean a discussion of any kind of literate, such as books and poetry?
\

yes this for ne thing that deals with literature
Pygmalion 02-06-2005 08:18 PM
Well, we've had discussion on specific authors in Speakeasy, such as Dorothy L. Sayers, J.R.R. Tolkein, and Terry Pratchett. One might want to search there first to see if a thread exists that can be revived.

Pygmalion
Travis Bickle 02-06-2005 10:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by S.O.C.
guess u got a point huh. well howler made so i guess its up to him to make the rules.

-S.O.C.

Actually, it's up to the mods and admins to set the rules, so Howler's hands are tied by the rules set by Krang and Shredder.

However, it's a good poem, Howler.
Howler_65 02-07-2005 05:37 PM
thnx cerpin but i know it is up to the mods...i didnt know that there were any old ones but this is a totally different situation u said they were specific authors and this is more general but it yet again is not what i think it is all up to krang or shredder so im probably gonna get it moved(hope i dont get warned)

anyway the thing u said SOC was that i made it for ur story duh and u knew that...

--howler--
Travis Bickle 02-07-2005 05:43 PM
quote:
thnx cerpin but i know it is up to the mods...i didnt know that there were any old ones but this is a totally different situation u said they were specific authors and this is more general but it yet again is not what i think it is all up to krang or shredder so im probably gonna get it moved(hope i dont get warned)

anyway the thing u said SOC was that i made it for ur story duh and u knew that...

--howler--

You won't get warned at all. It's just a mistake. No worries Smile
Howler_65 02-07-2005 05:57 PM
oh thats good anyway does ne1 else write poetry or anything??? i just wrote this ...

Is Love Worth It?
Suspense kills
And Life thrills.
Patience grows thin
For me and my kin.

I asked the question
And awaited the answer
And wait I shall
Because Love always waits.

My love waits of Dawn
And waits of Dask.
I am but a pawn
That waits for an answer.

Do you love me?
That's the question
And the answer
Remains unknown.

But I remain to wait
And I questioned
IS LOVE WORTH IT?

its more of an essay but i made it a poem...
Sara Comatori 02-07-2005 06:45 PM
But I know that I'm alone!!!
And I feel so cold!!
You'll make t go away!!
If you come back to stay!!

This Fight is not same without you!!

It's just a Big!
It's Just a really Big, Big..

Without you.....

*Sniffles* Thats so sad.
The Fallen Phoenix 02-07-2005 07:41 PM
quote:
oh thats good anyway does ne1 else write poetry or anything???

Occasionally I do, if the spirit moves me. Inspiration is a funny thing--you never know when it will strike, and it takes on so many different forms...

--
The second poem is somewhat interesting, but to be honest, I found it sort of...bland. I found your first poem more interesting because, at least for me, it sparked a little more thought; the second seemed just a little too explicit. Now, there's nothing wrong with bashing the readers over the head with a theme--I purposely do that from time to time. Ideally, however, there would be something else to make the poem at least a little more memorable--perhaps a peculiar style or technique, some fluidity; I'm actually rather big on fluidity in writing, but that's more of a personal preference--since I find that the second poem is just generally lacking of anything that would make it memorable.

Again, this is not to say that it is necessarily bad, because I did find it enjoyable enough. Just not nearly as enjoyable, memorable, or thought-provoking as the first one you posted.
pen1300 02-07-2005 08:31 PM
We have a few General Book threads in the Speak Easy. I would suggest putting in a search for "Books" and see what you get.

People do post what I'll call personal projects. These I see as poetry, stories, and a few lovely editorials. So, we allow personal projects to be posted in here. (For example, Zola's thread). So, if you want to have a poetry thread that is yours and yours alone (as that seems to be how you are doing this), go ahead. I won't mind. Big Grin

As to your poems: the first one speaks to me a little more than the second one. I don't know why, but it just does. I think it's because in your second poem, you present one question, act like you are asking one question then throw in "Do you love me?" and that's question two. *shrugs* Just a thought.

Later,
Pen1300
Howler_65 02-09-2005 07:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Fallen Phoenix
quote:
oh thats good anyway does ne1 else write poetry or anything???

Occasionally I do, if the spirit moves me. Inspiration is a funny thing--you never know when it will strike, and it takes on so many different forms...

--
The second poem is somewhat interesting, but to be honest, I found it sort of...bland. I found your first poem more interesting because, at least for me, it sparked a little more thought; the second seemed just a little too explicit. Now, there's nothing wrong with bashing the readers over the head with a theme--I purposely do that from time to time. Ideally, however, there would be something else to make the poem at least a little more memorable--perhaps a peculiar style or technique, some fluidity; I'm actually rather big on fluidity in writing, but that's more of a personal preference--since I find that the second poem is just generally lacking of anything that would make it memorable.

Again, this is not to say that it is necessarily bad, because I did find it enjoyable enough. Just not nearly as enjoyable, memorable, or thought-provoking as the first one you posted.

thnx
----

the second one i didnt realyy revise or anything... it was more raw emotion...
Pygmalion 02-10-2005 11:05 AM
quote:
oh thats good anyway does ne1 else write poetry or anything??? i just wrote this ...

Is Love Worth It?
Suspense kills
And Life thrills.
Patience grows thin
For me and my kin.

I asked the question
And awaited the answer
And wait I shall
Because Love always waits.

My love waits of Dawn
And waits of Dask.
I am but a pawn
That waits for an answer.

Do you love me?
That's the question
And the answer
Remains unknown.

But I remain to wait
And I questioned
IS LOVE WORTH IT?

its more of an essay but i made it a poem...

I like to read poems out loud. That way, I can hear the rhymes (if it's rhyming poetry) and get a feel for its beat (meter). In your poem, I started out the first stanza getting a feel for a rhyming poem, but each subsequent stanza had a different rhyming structure and beat. I found this confusing. And what is "Dask" -- a person? a place? a mispelling of "dusk"?

I hope you will try rewriting this to be either rhyming or blank verse. If your reader is wondering which kind of poetry it is, he's not thinking about the subject, and so the impact is lessened.

Pygmalion
Howler_65 02-10-2005 07:05 PM
thnx pygmalion. i love the constructive ccriticism . i didnt really edit it at allbut ill make sure to do that sometime.yeh that was sposed to b dusk.lol
Travis Bickle 02-12-2005 05:44 PM
Howler. SOC. Please stop spamming this thread. Please stop spamming other threads.

SOC, if you have something to say to Howler, PM him here.

Howler, if you have something to say to SOC, PM him here.

Please leave your personal shenanigans off of the forums. As Howler and others said, this is a thread for literature (which, Howler, I have to say that I happen to like your first poem quite a lot better than your second poem. It seems more organic), not a battleground.
S.O.C. 02-13-2005 09:09 AM
srry bout that cerpin, i wont do it again and im sure howler wont either. well next thing i get i'll post it in here. well l8z guys, im about to go skiing in 20 mins.

S.O.C.
Howler_65 02-14-2005 06:12 PM
im soooooooooo sorry that we bothered you cerpin ill try harder not to in the future.anyway i just got news from poetry.com and im gonna have my poems read to like 2000 people ... isnt that awesome?! * howler hugs himself with joy*

--howler
Generalissimo D 02-16-2005 08:51 PM
Has it ever occured to anyone that maybe the site should take the best fanfics, poems, writings, etc., publish them, and use them to fund the site? Sure there are a whole bunch of legal problems, but its an idea, no?