What am I

Nothing. Fuji, can I tell now? Pwease?
Fujiko 02-24-2005 09:42 PM
yeah, i'm stumped Oh Well

go ahead Ozy!

and i knew this once too...
Ozymandius Jones 02-24-2005 09:46 PM
quote:
A captain was being executed for treason. He had the opportunity to make a last statement. If his statement was true then he would be hung. If it was false then he would be shot. He made a statement and was released...

What was the statement?

The captain's statement was....

*drum roll...*

"I will be shot."

If he was to be shot, he'd be telling the truth...but the penalty for telling the truth was hanging...which makes his statement a lie...which he would be shot for...which makes it true...it's a viscous circle.

This is rumored to be a true story. Roll Eyes I have my doubts.
Fujiko 02-24-2005 09:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ozymandius Jones
quote:
A captain was being executed for treason. He had the opportunity to make a last statement. If his statement was true then he would be hung. If it was false then he would be shot. He made a statement and was released...

What was the statement?

The captain's statement was....

*drum roll...*

"I will be shot."

If he was to be shot, he'd be telling the truth...but the penalty for telling the truth was hanging...which makes his statement a lie...which he would be shot for...which makes it true...it's a viscous circle.

This is rumored to be a true story. Roll Eyes I have my doubts.

gah! of course! Big Grin
Ozymandius Jones 02-24-2005 09:51 PM
New riddle! Much easier, I promise.

"Pronouced as one letter,
And written with three,
Two letters there are,
And two only in me.
I'm double, I'm single,
I'm black, blue and gray,
I'm read from both ends
And the same either way."

What am I?
Fujiko 02-24-2005 09:54 PM
a ewe?
Ozymandius Jones 02-24-2005 10:41 PM
Close...very, very close...
Krang 02-26-2005 02:37 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ozymandius Jones
New riddle! Much easier, I promise.

"Pronouced as one letter,
And written with three,
Two letters there are,
And two only in me.
I'm double, I'm single,
I'm black, blue and gray,
I'm read from both ends
And the same either way."

What am I?

An eye.
Shaoblane 03-14-2005 10:01 PM
Whats the average airspeed velocity of an unnative swallow?
Fujiko 03-16-2005 01:56 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Shaoblane
Whats the average airspeed velocity of an unnative swallow?

XD I've heard that somewhere. Too bad I don't know it.

What is...
The beginning of eternity
The end of time and space
The beginning of every end,
And the end of every place?
BethMcBeth 03-16-2005 02:14 AM
Hey Fujiko would the answer to yours be somewhere in the middle?

Hers one I found its a number one.

What row of numbers comes next?

Buck Buck #1 03-16-2005 06:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Fujiko

What is...
The beginning of eternity
The end of time and space
The beginning of every end,
And the end of every place?

The letter e.
Negotiator_Roger_Smith 04-27-2005 11:11 AM
1.What row of numbers comes next? 1 11 21 1211 111221 312211 13112221

2.What happened in 1961 that will not happen again for over 4000 years?

3.Three friends check into a motel for the night and the clerk tells them the bill is $30, payable in advance. So, they each pay the clerk $10 and go to their room. A few minutes later, the clerk realizes he has made an error and overcharged the trio by $5. He asks the bellhop to return $5 to the 3 friends who had just checked in. The bellhop sees this as an opportunity to make $2 as he reasons that the three friends would have a tough time dividing $5 evenly among them; so he decides to tell them that the clerk made a mistake of only $3, giving a dollar back to each of the friends. He pockets the leftover $2 and goes home for the day! Now, each of the three friends gets a dollar back, thus they each paid $9 for the room which is a total of $27 for the night. We know the bellhop pocketed $2 and adding that to the $27, you get $29, not $30 which was originally spent. Where did the other dollar go????

4.A man walks up to you and says - "everything I say to you is a lie." Is he telling you the truth or is he lying?
Fujiko 04-27-2005 07:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Negotiator_Roger_Smith

3.Three friends check into a motel for the night and the clerk tells them the bill is $30, payable in advance. So, they each pay the clerk $10 and go to their room. A few minutes later, the clerk realizes he has made an error and overcharged the trio by $5. He asks the bellhop to return $5 to the 3 friends who had just checked in. The bellhop sees this as an opportunity to make $2 as he reasons that the three friends would have a tough time dividing $5 evenly among them; so he decides to tell them that the clerk made a mistake of only $3, giving a dollar back to each of the friends. He pockets the leftover $2 and goes home for the day! Now, each of the three friends gets a dollar back, thus they each paid $9 for the room which is a total of $27 for the night. We know the bellhop pocketed $2 and adding that to the $27, you get $29, not $30 which was originally spent. Where did the other dollar go????

It's not $27.

30 - 5 = 25

Bellhop gives $3 back which makes it a total of $28, not $27.
Negotiator_Roger_Smith 04-27-2005 08:30 PM
sorry if there typo! Crying apployize

A man is sitting in a pub feeling rather poor. He sees the man next to him pull a wad of 50 dollar bills out of his wallet. He turns to the rich man and says to him ”I have an amazing talent: I know almost every song that has ever existed.” The rich man laughs. The poor man says “I am willing to bet you all the money you have in you wallet that I can sing a genuine song with a lady's name of your choice in it.” The rich man laughs again and says “Ok how about my daughters name, Joanna Armstrong-Miller.” The rich man goes home poor. The poor man goes home rich.

What song did he sing?

spoiler (highlight to read):
Happy Birthday