Hi from a Consultant Down Under ^^

Boar 01-12-2005 10:45 PM
Hi everyone

A quick intro from meself ^^
I am a 26 year old corporate consultant from Sydney. (In Big O sense I will be likely to work for Alex Rosewater T_T)

I played the Super Robot War D and encountered Big O, its in Japanese so I have no idea what they talking about! In order to find out more about this dude in Black Suit and the creepy young female co pilot I purchased the BIG O DVD set for 2 seasons 26 episodes.

To my surprise the serie captured me completely! I was so draw by it and normally watch it until 2-3 in the morning. Then I start to search for Big O picture and sites online and arrived here ^^

I love the Big O serie as its not just a simple mecha bashing serie its very deep motionally and funny at the sametime, and all of these were presented in a subtle way that I enjoyed greatly!

I also found the city forum are very very well organised, silly me made 1 or 2 error posts and been gently pointed to the correct way. Thank you Mr R.Smith. Appreciate you help Smile

Some been writing so long, just want to say hi to everyone and wish we can share some opinion on this AWESOME anime serie! ^^

All the best.

Boar
Asirt 01-12-2005 10:56 PM
Welcome to Paradigm City, Boar! I hope you enjoy yourself here! Smile

Be sure to check out the many topics available, but more importantly, have fun with it! Big Grin

If you need anything, be sure to ask the mods or the admin, and they will be kind enough to answer you. Wink

Again, welcome to PCF, and I hope you have fun here! Smile )

Later,
Trisa
Almasy 01-12-2005 10:57 PM
Welcome to PCF, Boar!

I'm Almasy; it's nice to meet you! ^__^

I hope you enjoy your time here!
R.Smith 01-12-2005 10:57 PM
Welcome again Boar! Big Grin I hope you have a pleasant stay here at Paradigm-City.com Pleased

Please check out the Orientation thread for a quick guide of what's here to see.

Also, check out the Forum Rules to get an idea of what's ok and what's not.

If you have a question, feel free to pm meBig Grin
Pygmalion 01-12-2005 11:01 PM
Hello, Boar, and welcome to our lovely domes. I hope your arrival here means that Big O is being watched in Australia, and that we'll see more folks arriving from your fair country. And speaking of arrivals, here's a nice ball of twine that you can use to find your way back when you get six deep in references in the threads here.

Since you are new, let me advise you not to eat or drink while reading the following threads:

Smith Mansion:
The Big O: Funny Picture Post
Big O + Big Venus = Hot Robot Action

Ailesberry:
Anime Funny Pictures

Nightingale:
make up a big o scene!
Retouching
The Big O Blooper Special!
Cheap Innuendos and Jokes
Big O Crossovers with Anything

Speakeasy:
Has anyone seen a snowman in September?
Funny Pictures

And if a thread says "Immature content" -- believe it!

Pygmalion
Boar 01-12-2005 11:05 PM
Hi Trisa, Almasy and R.Smith

Thank you for your warm welcome! Smile
Appreciate it!

Didnt expect to get such quick responds! Smile

A quick question how old are you guys/girls anyway? I mean I am 26 am I too old for this? My parents already complain and say you are Xloody 26 and carrying 2 mortgage so stop watching cartoons!! But I just said to them: "that the exact reason why I need to watch cartoons to get myself away from the boring reality of work/life" Smile

Apart from Big O, I also enjoyed, Vampire Hunter D, Macross Plus, any Harlock serie and good old cyber punkc collection.

Once again thanks everyone Smile
Christina Perry 01-12-2005 11:15 PM
Welcome to the forums, Boar.

Enjoy your stay!! Pleased
Boar 01-12-2005 11:30 PM
Hi Pygmalion and Rogergirl

Thanks Big Grin

I am not sure if a lot of people in Aus watch Big O, as its not show on TV T_T

However I am very confident the more hardcore anime lovers here are fully aware of it Big Grin

And Rogergirl, you are a Chairman Kaha fan? The battle in the kitchen stadium is showing here in Aus and it absolutly awesome! Especially the intro when Kaga took a bite of the Capsicum! The guy is amazing Big Grin

Also I would like to thank sixfortyfive and Malice Mizer (I am not sure if they are posters here) for creating that great "Regret" video, its very very well directed, thank you guys!

cheers

Boar ^^
BabyGhia 01-12-2005 11:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Boar
A quick question how old are you guys/girls anyway? I mean I am 26 am I too old for this? My parents already complain and say you are Xloody 26 and carrying 2 mortgage so stop watching cartoons!! But I just said to them: "that the exact reason why I need to watch cartoons to get myself away from the boring reality of work/life" Smile

LOL! I'm 28 so no, you aren't too old for this. My parents have slowly gotten use to me watching Anime. They blame my best friend instead of me. Tongue

Anyway... Welcome to the forum, Boar!

Big Grin

BabyGhia
Travis Bickle 01-12-2005 11:39 PM
Greetings, Boar. I am Cerpin Taxt. Come to me with anything about music, mainstreamed anime, and the American government, and I'll gladly help you out. This is a nice little place on the internet where everyone (except for the occaisional asshole or two, but they get banned instantly) can agree on one thing: Big O is freaking awesome.

As far as your question goes, you can never get too old for Anime. My grandfather, who just turned 75, was the first person to introduce me to Akira and Ghost in the Shell (he's a big Sci Fi movie buff and stumbled across those in the early 90s). Here on the forums, you'll find people from ages 13 to people in their late 40's. However, age is just a number. I, myself am 18 years of age. Most (if not all) of us watch anime to escape reality, because most of anime is science fiction and/or fantasy, and is something that we can only dream of.

Please be sure to visit http://www.savebigo.com to aid the campaign for a third season of this wonderful series. Our very own Zola runs and manages the site, and it has even been recognized by the writer/creator of the series!

While I'm on topic with the third season, please read my recently written rant about it here. Please feel free to share your opinion on itAnime Smile

Have a nice time, and welcome to Paradigm City Forums!

quote:
Also I would like to thank sixfortyfive and Malice Mizer (I am not sure if they are posters here) for creating that great "Regret" video, its very very well directed, thank you guys!
Boar ^^

645 is a former regular on the forums, but hasn't been here in a while (I haven't talked to him in a few months XP). Malice Mizer, however, is a Japanese music group. Hard to explain how they sound...a few different styles of music here in there with a slight dash of electronica (that's my best description).
Avenir 01-13-2005 12:33 AM
Welcome to Paradigm City Forums Boar. We're glad you enjoyed the series and it's good to have you with us. Smile )
Boar 01-13-2005 01:21 AM
Hi BabyGhia, Cerpi Taxt and Avenir Big Grin

Cool! Great to know that BabyGhia you are 28 and still enjoy your animation and ignoring your parents!

The disadvantage for me is that I am the only who still watching animation in my circle of friends. T_T cant blame them!

And Cerpin Taxt you got a cool grandpa Big Grin

A little request/question from me as a newbie, why do you guys and girls love Big O? Big Grin
Please respond! ^^

Cheers

Boar
Zopwx2 01-13-2005 01:37 AM
WElcome to the City of Paradigm!

Great to have another fan in the streets.
Travis Bickle 01-13-2005 01:58 AM
quote:
Hi BabyGhia, Cerpi Taxt and Avenir Big Grin

Cool! Great to know that BabyGhia you are 28 and still enjoy your animation and ignoring your parents!

The disadvantage for me is that I am the only who still watching animation in my circle of friends. T_T cant blame them!

And Cerpin Taxt you got a cool grandpa Big Grin

A little request/question from me as a newbie, why do you guys and girls love Big O? Big Grin
Please respond! ^^

Cheers

Boar

I'm a closet anime fan. Only my closest friends know that I'm fond of anime. Just don't tell people that you watch Anime and such, and they'll leave you be. Hell, only my best friend (who should be joining here soon, since I forced him to sit through several episodes of the Big O and he loved it) knows that I post here. Other than that, I'm a foul mouthed, heavy drinking, guitar playing New Yorker that everyone knows (and loves, in some cases Big Grin ).

Watch anime in secret, or be proud of being an otaku. Your choice;

As for liking the Big O, the entire fact that Paradigm City didn't know what happened fourty years ago really got my attention. The giant robots and the witty android were a nice touch as well.
Spooky 01-13-2005 02:02 AM
Welcome Smile Enjoy your time here and remember to have fun!

Meh...I started watching Big O one night while trying to avoid doing my Political Science homework (adult swim was murder on my grades that semester Tongue )....and I've been addicted since!

Once again, welcome Smile

Latah Wink
Token
R and D 01-13-2005 06:46 AM
SWEET! A DUDE FROM AUSTRAILIA!

hey my name is Baby Fwuffles and i am the leader of 14 ninja guinea pigs! welcome to the forums! Big Grin

ur gift a Norman doll with real cooking action!!! Big Grin

enjoy and welcome to the forums!
Madrona 01-13-2005 12:12 PM
First let me say welcome, Boar. You will enjoy your stay here. Don't know if we have many members from down under. We do have some across the pond in England and various parts of Europe.

Indeed, many of us are older than you might think. If you really want to get a good idea of how old everyone is take a look through the calendar that's linked at the top of the page. That's assuming they aren't pulling your leg Wink
There are a wide range of ages and taste here. Yet, we all seem to get along pretty well. I was lucky to find some friends here and to have found people to share my new found love of anime.

Strangely enough sixfortyfive's website is what got me here almost a year ago. I'd almost forgotten that.

Anyway, welcome to our domes!

Madrona
xana_fae 01-13-2005 12:17 PM
Well Boar thank you for makeing us your home away from....er.....home? well anywho....do enjoy your stay here, it is a swell place after all!!

Here is a empty box of paper clips....I guess you could use if for fire? I dunno, but anywho, enjoy your stay.

~Xana~
COHugh 01-13-2005 03:13 PM
Hey hey! Welcome to the Asylum, Boar!

Your lovely entrance gift shall be...

::digs around his room::

AH HA! You get this... Wait, I already willed that to someone last week... Ummm...

Ah! ... No...

Here we go!

~~~~ One Rechargeable Nickel Metal Hydride AA Battery ~~~~

Wear it with pride, my friend!
Almasy 01-13-2005 03:48 PM
quote:
Hi Trisa, Almasy and R.Smith

Thank you for your warm welcome! Smile
Appreciate it!

A quick question how old are you guys/girls anyway? I mean I am 26 am I too old for this?

First of all, I don't really consider 26 to be very old at all, even though I, personally, am only 18. Baby

Second, who cares how old you are? You are the only one who can limit yourself. If YOU think you are "too old" to be watching "cartoons"... then with that kind of a mentality you probably are! Laughing

But ...if you really enjoy something, I don't think you should even begin to care about what other people think. If you like it, watch it! Wink