[Comment] Possible Server Hiccup

Dude Love 01-12-2005 07:35 PM
http://www.paradigm-city.com/forums/thre...adid=10946&sid=

Now, I've limitted the possibilities to two. Either Green_Bird's connection cut out before the post was uploaded into the server (I don't know the possibilities on that at all, I'm just throwing it out there), or the server had a hiccup. So, just letting you know Krang.

By the way, since the last time this happened it was because of a database crash, I checked to see if the other issue which arose (the search function) was in order. It was working fine.
Travis Bickle 01-12-2005 07:38 PM
It was down for a bit before, due to what looked like an error in the forum software (?).
Avenir 01-12-2005 08:26 PM
It was apparently SQL problems, judging from the error messages. The whole site went down, not just the forums. Everything seems to be fine now.
R.Smith 01-12-2005 09:02 PM
Wow, the site sure is having a tempertantrum today...on..off..on off...
Green_Bird 01-12-2005 09:12 PM
When I posted that I got a can not be displayed thing. But after that I could go back, Then I saw it was on the thread list, so I though nothing much of it, I thought it posted. the site alowed me to go out to the front page and check whos online. But when I tried to go back home. I wouldn't let me just gave me another page canot be displayed. then the erorr.

This is what happened when I posted that Birthday thread, it listed but there was no post when you clicked on it. Oh well might as well post it again......just after that ones deleted.
Krang 01-12-2005 10:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
http://www.paradigm-city.com/forums/thre...adid=10946&sid=

Now, I've limitted the possibilities to two. Either Green_Bird's connection cut out before the post was uploaded into the server (I don't know the possibilities on that at all, I'm just throwing it out there), or the server had a hiccup. So, just letting you know Krang.

Thanks, it looks like the server has been having MySQL problems today, and that's what caused the blank thread. It looks like it's acting a little more stable now, though, so hopefully the problems have been resolved. I deleted the thread, so Green_Bird, feel free to repost it. And if anyone else notices any other errors, please let me know.