[Fan Fiction] Rise of the Domina

Diverse Considerations 01-23-2005 06:27 PM
For Zola, to assuage her concerns about Roger's health and welfare:

===

Roger Smith drove back home in the Griffon, his head stuffed up and certain by now that he had a fever. Despite any physical pain, he was happy to know his family was safe. He turned the Griffon into the garage and shut the car off, getting out slowly and making his way to the elevator. A short ride up and the elevator doors opened. He went to the fireplace and tossed the pieces of the R.D. disk into the flames and watched them burn. When he turned around, there stood his wife.

“My hero.” She stepped into his embrace and placed her head against his chest. Suddenly, Roger was feeling a little better. Much more so when she pulled him down by his shirt collar so she could kiss him. “Norman took the children over to Dan and Angel’s for a while. I thought it would be nice for us to have a little time together, all alone.”

By now she was tugging at his belt and had a devilish look on her face. She was leading him slowly, but surely to the bedroom. “You should get some rest, negotiator. You’ve had a long day.”

Roger smiled, following along behind his wife. “Why do I get the feeling that I won’t be getting any rest anytime soon?” He collapsed in the bed and let his wife put a warm blanket overtop of him.

Dorothy smiled, and slipped under the blanket beside him. “Oh, there will be plenty of time for rest, my dear. Just not right now.” She reached over to the bedside table and turned off the light.
Zola 01-23-2005 06:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Diverse Considerations
Dorothy smiled, and slipped under the blanket beside him. “Oh, there will be plenty of time for rest, my dear. Just not right now.” She reached over to the bedside table and turned off the light.

Hmm.... well, they do say it's good for colds... Big Grin
BethMcBeth 01-23-2005 06:57 PM
OH wow!! I likes this!! ^_^"" Keep up the awsome work!!!
Madrona 01-23-2005 07:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zola
quote:

Hmm.... well, they do say it's good for colds... Big Grin

uhhhhh, yeah Wink

From the previous installment my favorite part was at the end
quote:
Dastun turned to the negotiator. “Roger, was it completely necessary to throw them?”

Roger didn’t change expressions as he kept his eyes straight ahead. “Yes.”

Okay, Beck is dealt with...and Roger is safe at home under Dorothy's tender loving care. What crisis will next arise for our heros? Can't wait to find out!

Madrona
NVWC2006 01-23-2005 07:22 PM
I just got through reading this whole thing. It's good work! There are some grammatacal errors here and there but it is still good. I'm just wondering what it has to do with any other Domina..or Dominuses, whichever. Maybe Rachel is destined to operate Big O...

You may need to explain how the Smiths were able to have children, or put more elaboration on the others, to cover the wide range of people better. Maybe they are to operate Bigs too? I dunno, it's all you man. Keep up the good work so we can see what is going on!
Lyinginbedmon 01-26-2005 03:04 PM
quote:
By now she was tugging at his belt and had a devilish look on her face. She was leading him slowly, but surely to the bedroom. “You should get some rest, negotiator. You’ve had a long day.”

Much to my family's lack of amazement, EEEWWWW!!!

quote:
“My hero.” She stepped into his embrace and placed her head against his chest. Suddenly, Roger was feeling a little better. Much more so when she pulled him down by his shirt collar so she could kiss him. “Norman took the children over to Dan and Angel’s for a while. I thought it would be nice for us to have a little time together, all alone.”

Did I read correctly? "Children"? As in there's more than just Rachel? There's more to Dorothy's solemn demeanour than meets the eye!

quote:
Originally posted by NVWC2006
I'm just wondering what it has to do with any other Domina..or Dominuses, whichever. Maybe Rachel is destined to operate Big O...

Really? I never would have guessed Sweatdrop
Jane 01-26-2005 11:30 PM
These are really fun little snippets. I too would like to hear more about the other kids, sometimes it seems like Rachel's the oldest, but then I thought you mentioned "big brother" somewhere. Kids have complicated relationships--it would be fun to see how the Smith kids relate to each other. Also, did you say Rachel is bullet proof? So is she an android or a human or... um... a something-else.

I loved reading these!!!! Hope you do another soon.
Diverse Considerations 01-26-2005 11:44 PM
More on the way, work allowing. Worry not.

I haven't really gotten into the dynamic of the family yet, namely because everytime I sit down to write I only have an hour or so and just crank out something short and sweet like these ones. But yes, in my little storyboard Roger and Dorothy have three kids: David Burg Smith ( 8 ), Rachel Solderno Smith ( 5 ), and Tasha Wayneright Smith ( 1 ).

I know, I know, I still need to cover how Dorothy was able to have kids in the first place. I'm trying to flesh that storyline out. After that, I think the next few batches of stories will be a few years in the future from where I've been writing. So keep watching. ^_^

And by bulletproof I mean she's unshakeable. The kids are born of Wayneright and Smith lineage, very cool under pressure. Don't worry, I'll explain later. Promise!
Diverse Considerations 02-06-2005 08:14 PM
This is for everyone who wants to know how Dorothy can have kids. Wink

=====

R. Dorothy Wayneright wandered downstairs, looking for her father. Sure enough, she found him in his laboratory, working on some hulking piece of equipment. It looked new, and was in the most highly protected section of the lab, hidden deep underground, so it had to be important. She cleared her throat softly. “Father, dinner is ready.”

Timothy Wayneright turned around, a pair of welding goggles on his face. “Oh good, thank you, Dorothy. I was thinking tonight we could go to the Nightingale Club. I’d love to hear you sing again. That is, unless you don’t want to be seen with your old father.”

Dorothy laughed softly and smiled. “Not at all, father. I’d love to.” She looked around the lab some more. “What are you working on?”

The elder Wayneright looked at the great machine behind him. “I’m glad you asked, my dear. This is on loan from Paradigm, though they don’t know it yet. And they never will.” Dorothy was even more confused; he continued. “Eventually, some day, you might find that you want a family. Since you aren’t able to have children, this machine acts as an artificial means. The example I was given was with tomatoes, artificial cultivation to produce an original product. Before your real self passed away, I took a small genetic sample from her. That, combined with the genetic material of your husband, someday, will provide you with a family.”

Dorothy looked at the machine again; it took up the entire room, almost. “How does it work, father?”

Wayneright laughed and walked towards her. He took her hand and patted it softly. “There’s plenty of time to show you how, my dear. Let’s get dinner now. I can’t wait to hear you sing tonight.”

Dorothy smiled and followed her father out of the room.

Three years later…

It was truly an amazing day in the Smith household. Roger had gotten up with the sun, leaving his wife asleep in bed. Today was their second anniversary, and he was now able to read her recharging pattern perfectly. She would be out cold for another two hours. That left him more than enough time to prepare.

Norman was already awake and reading the paper downstairs in the kitchen. He didn’t look up as he heard footsteps behind him. “Good morning, Mistress Dorothy. You’re up early today. Did you sleep well?”

Roger smirked. “Just fine, Norman. Thank you. Where are the eggs?”

Norman Burg, able to wield a .50-calibre automatic rifle with practiced ease, mechanic of a megadeus, and butler to the top negotiator of Paradigm City, was usually a hard egg to crack. Not so today. He spun around and stood up, his eye wide. “Good morning, Master Roger. My, my, this is unusual.”

Roger laughed heartily. “Yes, Norman, it is. But today is special. And special times call for special measures.” And with that he grabbed an apron from out of the closet and set to work making breakfast.

A short trip down to the street corner to pick up the last necessity for his plan and he was ready. He timed it perfectly. He counted down from ten as he leaned against the doorframe, holding the tray bearing the newspaper, a breakfast of eggs, bacon, toast, and a cup of tea, and lastly a single red rose. As his count ended, his wife stirred and opened her eyes before sitting up, the servos in her back and neck whirring softly as they warmed up for use.

She took one look at her husband before her and laid back down in bed, the whirring covered up by the laughter barely hidden in her voice. “Roger Smith, you never cease to amaze me.”

He placed the tray beside her and leaned in to kiss her softly. “Good morning, Mrs. Smith. Happy anniversary.” She returned the kiss as she sat up and inspected the breakfast before her. As she ate, Roger leafed through the newspaper as he sipped a cup of coffee.

On the front page was a picture of General Dastun inspecting the newest class of recruits from the police academy. Roger looked at the picture for a moment. “You know, Angel is due at the end of next month.”

Dorothy nodded slowly, the expression on her face dropping a bit. “Yes, a month before…before their first anniversary.” Suddenly she wasn’t hungry. Roger sensed her unease and moved closer to her, putting his arm around her waist and leaning her against his shoulder.

“Dorothy, I love you more than anyone else in the world. That is why I married you. You make me happy, and you are all I need. I know that we won’t have children, and I’m fine with that. I have you.”

Dorothy looked down at her plate. Her voice was a whisper. “Roger, there is a way.”

To be continued...
Wingnut 02-06-2005 10:10 PM
What a man of mechanical wonders that Timmy was.
Lyinginbedmon 02-07-2005 01:38 AM
Nowadays, that's not a particularly hard method to have kids, all you really need to do is keep the samples on ice for long enough.

A month before her first anniversary? #hint#hint#
Pygmalion 02-07-2005 07:46 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Lyinginbedmon
Nowadays, that's not a particularly hard method to have kids, all you really need to do is keep the samples on ice for long enough.

Now if it were four months....

Pygmalion
pen1300 02-07-2005 08:13 PM
FINALLY! We have an answer! And I'll buy it. LOL

Thanks! Big Grin

You need to put all this stuff together and submit it to Paradigm one of these days.

Later,
Pen1300
Madrona 02-07-2005 11:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Pygmalion
quote:
Originally posted by Lyinginbedmon

Now if it were four months....

Pygmalion

Or as my father in law says "When you are getting married, the first one can come anytime. After that, it takes nine months"

Thanks DC for letting us in on the hows. Like Wingnut said, Timmy could do wonders. As always, I'm looking forward to more.

Madrona
Generalissimo D 02-13-2005 07:06 PM
This is truly magnificient. hell I doubt the guys who created big o could have done something so great. Once its put in chronological order..with all plotholes filled....it will be something to behold. Now if you excuse me..I need ginger snaps.
Dark-0 02-13-2005 08:29 PM
Nice work DC very interesting stories so far. I am a huge RD fan and seeing coming back is a good. Keep it up I want more.
Lyinginbedmon 03-18-2005 04:34 PM
R-D'll show up in my series too, so this is great to see for me

I can't wait for the revised edition Big Grin
Diverse Considerations 05-14-2006 01:50 AM
HE'S BACK! This'll be part 1 of who knows how many. Written in a rush, so forgive me if it's disjointed or otherwise off.

=====

Rachel Smith followed her brother and grandfather down the hall. They were going to hide away in the basement again and she didn’t like it. Normally there were no secrets in the Smith household, so this stood out in glaring highlight. Her father wouldn’t take a stand, so she would.

“Come on, David. Let me come with you. I’m old enough to play ball in the park with you now.”

David Smith looked annoyed, he truly hated to do this to his sister. “Nope, sorry. Not this time and not ever. You’re still too young.”

Rachel scowled as they stopped in front of the elevator doors. “I’m twelve, I’m not young.” She decided to change her tactic. “Grandpa, can I spend time with you today?”

Norman smiled, this line of questioning was to be expected. “No, dear, not right now. Your brother and I have work to take care of. But we can spend time later if you have time for an old man then.”

Rachel scowled deeper. “You’re not old. And won’t the work go easier if there are three people?”

By this point, the elevator had arrived. Norman and David stepped into the elevator. Rachel made to come to, but she was quickly turned around by two sets of hands. Her brother spoke. “Sorry, sis. You’re just a baby.”

The doors closed and Rachel’s scowl disappeared into a frown and then tears. She leaned against the elevator doors as she heard it begin to descend. This was massively unfair.

Inside the elevator, David typed the four digit code into the keypad, and sighed. “It’s not fair having to do this to her.”

His grandfather nodded. “She is still too young. She’ll have her own place soon enough, and it will be revealed in time. Let her enjoy being a child for now.”

The doors opened into the dark and cavernous space. To their side, a low thrumming noise sounded and two white eyes glowed. The maintenance team, teacher and apprentice, stepped into the hangar bay. It was time for another lesson.

=====

In the end, it was Dorothy who found Rachel. The girl had huddled herself in her room, hugging the comforting form of her stuffed megadeus. The old plush machine had seen her through many trials, this was his purpose.

Dorothy sat down on the soft comforter of the bed and smoothed her skirt out. She gathered her thoughts about her. “You are distressed, daughter?”

Her only answer was a shallow sob.

“I see. You feel left out. Norman and David have their duties to attend to, and you cannot join them. And neither your father nor I can help.”

There was another sob, deeper this time.

“Rachel, as your parents we must look after you. This is one of those times. You are a strong girl, yes, but there are still many things that you are too young to take on. And there are still things which you wouldn’t understand.”

A soft reply came from the black plush of the stuffed megadeus. “It’s not fair.”

A smile graced the mother’s lips. “No, it isn’t fair. But one day you will find your truth and then things will clear up. But for now, maybe you would like to come with me to the market? We can get ice cream.”

Rachel looked up from her old stuffed friend and sighed. “Will we bring any home for David?”

Dorothy leaned down conspiratorially. “We can keep secrets, too.”
Lyinginbedmon 05-14-2006 05:52 AM
Wow, it's been ages since we last heard from the family Smith,

And I'm still loving the plush megadeus Big Grin
Diverse Considerations 05-14-2006 03:44 PM
A short one, this time.

=====

The trip to the market was always exciting. Paradigm City bustled during the day, making the grey sky unusually bearable. The ice cream was good, too. A waffle cone full of chocolate ice cream went a long way towards Rachel putting the problems of the world far behind her.

Dorothy hummed lightly to herself as she perused the produce, finally picking some nice tomatoes. “Rachel, dear, would you like to go visit Aunt Angel and your cousins after this?”

Rachel smiled and nodded. She liked her cousins and, let’s face it, Aunt Angel was anything but boring. They continued shopping and crossed the street to go to the tea and coffee shop to pick up some things. Mother and daughter were completely relaxed and happy, the troubles of earlier in the day totally forgotten.

And it was into this peaceful scene that all hell broke loose.

Dorothy’s enhanced senses picked up on it first. A low, bass rumbling sound filtered up from the ground. Normally, this would be a comforting sound but the pitch was wrong. She could tell it wasn’t the Prairie Dog. The rumbling passed them and came to rest. With little warning, a megadeus sprang from the ground three blocks away. It was tall and royal blue, but willowy thin and had two sets of arms with multiple joints.

Pressing the face of her watch, Dorothy held the device up and looked into it. “Roger, where are you?”

A calm voice came from her left. “Right beside you, darling.”

The android turned around and smiled slightly. “Precisely where you should be, husband.”

Roger smirked and leaned in to kiss his wife, then he looked down at his daughter and smiled. “You two got ice cream and didn’t get me any?” He gave his daughter a quick wink before he became all business. “Rachel, get yourself and your mother to the Gryffon. It’s parked the next street down. I’m going to try to find Uncle Dan and see if I can help out.”

Rachel nodded and joined hands with her mother. They turned and began to run towards the car. It was only the explosion behind them that stopped them. They turned quickly around and Dorothy let out a shriek at what she saw. The storefront where they had been standing had been blown out by a stray missile. Her husband lay on the ground. She turned around and ran back.

Rachel followed her, and knelt beside her father who was wrapped in his wife’s arms. A quick assessment showed that he was merely knocked unconscious. Ahead of them, the megadeus continued its rampage. Dorothy looked down at her husband, then to her daughter, and back again. “Rachel, remember what I said about one day finding your truth?”

Rachel nodded as her mother carefully unclasped her husband’s watch and held it up. The android spoke calmly. “Big O, it is showtime.”