Episode 9 Discussion: "Be Thou for the People"

Shredder 01-08-2005 10:55 PM
Almost time for episode 9 of FMA! Enjoy the show! Smile )
Travis Bickle 01-08-2005 11:00 PM
The Jets are in overtime! I'm going to have to catch the repeat of this one Frown
dominusofdeath 01-08-2005 11:13 PM
That Lieutenant has asshat written all over him. I hope he get's put in his place.
Dude Love 01-08-2005 11:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
The Jets are in overtime! I'm going to have to catch the repeat of this one Frown

That game ended just in time.

This episode was pretty good. I think it's probably my favorite aspect to see Edward basically reform the state from within... in a way, if you can understand that.

Still, these have all been rather good episodes.
Hobodoken 01-08-2005 11:29 PM
Getting home in the middle of a show you want to watch sucks...
Becuase, you know, you miss it...
alt + 0133
and...

yeah.
Green_Bird 01-09-2005 12:14 AM
AS had a spiffy new FMA bump before the show started. But still. Never call Ed Short Tongue Hehe. Did that one guy have a Jet beard? Sorry I just had to say that other then the name Lira being in both FMA and WR. But still this was a pretty good episode. Is this the Last of the Pre-episodes? Because they went back to three years later. But. I must say that Lieutenant was a jerk. But you have to like how Ed outsmarted him Tongue .
Shredder 01-09-2005 12:32 AM
Yes, this was the last of the "flashback" eps, so it's back to present day (where the series started) from here (Ed and Al are now 15 and 14).

Also, it's supposed to be pronounced more like "Lie-ra" but whatever, Funi.
evanASF27 01-09-2005 12:35 AM
a very good episode.........hehheheheee gold plated coal Big Grin XD BWHAHAHAHAHHAAAA!!!

That'll learn 'em. Evil Big Grin
Wingnut 01-09-2005 07:26 AM
And once again Mustang seems to "set up" Ed and Al to fix the situation as if he planned for them to do so all along. Also the first relationship tension between Roy and Hawkeye with the comment he made in her presence about how good looking the girls are out east. Wonder if that'll effect Ed? He is a teenage boy after all.
Zopwx2 01-09-2005 09:04 PM
I liked this episode. It was nice and simple, and didn't go retread over the "Human alchemy = No" theme again.

Now we also know that they've been building a reputation for themselves.

I enjoyed it, now I just have to wait and see where it goes.
Madrona 01-10-2005 11:15 AM
quote:
Originally posted by WingnutAnd once again Mustang seems to "set up" Ed and Al to fix the situation as if he planned for them to do so all along. Also the first relationship tension between Roy and Hawkeye with the comment he made in her presence about how good looking the girls are out east. Wonder if that'll effect Ed? He is a teenage boy after all.

Mustang, set them up? Would he do that? Wink
I noticed how Hawkeye's demeanor changed after that little comment. As far as it affecting Ed, hmmm could be. But I suspect that he has Winry on his mind more than we might suspect at the moment. He did have that question about whether or not she thinks of his human side and not just his automail

quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
a very good episode.........hehheheheee gold plated coal Big Grin XD BWHAHAHAHAHHAAAA!!!

That'll learn 'em. Evil Big Grin

Doesn't that make it "fool's gold"? Sorry, couldn't resist.
And it's kinda cool how Ed managed to get around the rules about gold and alchemy.

Madrona
BabyGhia 01-12-2005 03:08 PM
I was laughing seeing how Winry acted in that one store.. LOL! I could see myself doing the same thing. And we all know that Winry thinks about Ed's human side. It's just easier to take care of his automail. Tongue

Interesting way to outsmart that guy (Yiko?). Also good to see how Ed got his reputation as an alchemist for the people. Interesting. Good Ep.

BabyGhia
COHugh 01-12-2005 05:35 PM
Yes! Another good and fairly light-hearted episode! It's a joy to watch this series every weekend! (not like it's follow-up program at all!) Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

It'd be cool if something crazy like "Winry packing up her things and hunting Ed and Al down out east" would happen soon...
The Shadow 01-13-2005 06:20 PM
I like this episode, more story/character development than the previous couple episodes - which were good, it was just nice to see the story move.