Movie trailer....

Green_Bird 01-04-2005 11:59 PM
Don't know if you guys know this or not but, Here's the link to the FMA movie trailer:

http://www.shochiku.co.jp/hagaren/top.html

Sadly I can't wach it right now because I don't have the right windows media player! Everytime I download something to this computer it messes up. But I just wanted to spread the news. If you haven't seen it alredy.
Schoolie 01-05-2005 05:13 PM
Cool! Big Grin

Is this sort of like the Inu-Yasha movies, where the movie is just like an extended episode? (At least, that's my take on Inu-Yasha movies. Correct me if I'm wrong.)
Krang 01-07-2005 12:13 AM
Thanks for posting that link, Green_Bird. I saw the trailer a while back, and I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie! Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Schoolie
Cool! Big Grin

Is this sort of like the Inu-Yasha movies, where the movie is just like an extended episode? (At least, that's my take on Inu-Yasha movies. Correct me if I'm wrong.)

In a way it will be, but it still fits into the continuity of the series. Where it fits in may be a spoiler to some, though, so read at your own risk:
spoiler (highlight to read):
It takes place after the last episode of the series.
BethMcBeth 01-07-2005 12:23 AM
Wow! Coolness! I like it! I myself know very little of the series but this looks cool I think I shall look into this sereis and see if I Can get my hands on to it! Thanks!! ^_^"""
Madrona 01-15-2005 08:28 PM
I watched the all of the regular trailer and part of the second extended one. I'm assuming those people were the VA's? It would be nice to know what they said. Anyone care to translate?

Nonetheless, I'm excited about it. I really like the series so I'm assuming I'll like the movie. I know I liked the music they had in the trailer. Big Grin

Madrona
Instro 01-18-2005 11:03 AM
Thanks for this post, Green bird, you rock! And by the looks of that profile of Ed on the site he doesn't have to worry about being called "shorty" for too much longer. And for those fans such as myself who are at least twice Ed's current age of 15, we won't have to feel guilty about finding him attractive. Seems that in the movie, he'll have come of legal age.
Madrona 01-18-2005 11:59 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Instro
Thanks for this post, Green bird, you rock! And by the looks of that profile of Ed on the site he doesn't have to worry about being called "shorty" for too much longer. And for those fans such as myself who are at least twice Ed's current age of 15, we won't have to feel guilty about finding him attractive. Seems that in the movie, he'll have come of legal age.

**Whew** what a relief...I was beginning to think I was the only one...Embarrassed Sweatdrop heh...er well, you know what I mean...

**runs away**
BabyGhia 01-19-2005 01:58 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Madrona
quote:
Originally posted by Instro

**Whew** what a relief...I was beginning to think I was the only one...Embarrassed Sweatdrop heh...er well, you know what I mean...

**runs away**

*blushes*

*joins Madrona and runs away also.*

BabyGhia

[edit: Probably will watch that when it comes here. Looks good. Especially since I'm really enjoying the series.]
Big Waddle Inferno 01-28-2005 10:34 PM
Warning: Do not read the spoiler below if you haven't seen the whole series yet!

Last I read they were just starting on the storyboards. That "trailer" is probably just a concept teaser. And considering that
spoiler (highlight to read):
Al is no longer a soul attached to a suit of armor
at the end of the 51 episodes of the series, that's a good thing, because I'd prefer if it took place after the series rather that during it.

[Edit: Added warning to help prevent people from accidentally spoiling the ending if they haven't seen the whole series yet. --Krang]
Madrona 02-09-2005 12:53 PM
The FMA site has a nice little translation of the interviews. I found it interesting but not TOO revealing.

And forgive me for being a dunce on this...Ed's voice is done by a woman? No wonder all the doujinshi I can find has Ed all girly ( well, lets not get into too much detail here..**shudders**)

Madrona
Krang 02-09-2005 09:57 PM
quote:
And forgive me for being a dunce on this...Ed's voice is done by a woman?

Yes, in the Japanese version, both Ed and Al's voices are done by women (Romi Paku and Rie Kugimiya). They both do an excellent job, though, so it doesn't sound out of character for them. I can post some sound clips if anyone is curious what the Japanese actors and actresses sound like.
Dork 02-09-2005 10:13 PM
Ha! I'm 19. If I find 15 year olds attractive it's still cute! <-Sugar moment

It's taking all my willpower and the reserves to keep myself from reading that spoiler (the second one). I've already read one spoiler about Al a couple weeks back and I've regretted it ever since Crying

I spoiled all of Wolf's Rain for myself, but that was okay because it really wasn't that good. I'm not uber impressed with FMA yet, but Krang and Shredder have said that it's incredible (even putting up it's own forum) so I'm giving it every benefit of the doubt and desperately trying to avoid spoilers.

I bought the FMA boxset, such a pretty metal box ^_^ mostly for the soundtrack but having seen the first four episodes my opinion of FMA has certainly improved. I can't wait to see little Ed all grown up. I don't find him attractive now, but he is going to by sexxxxyy! <-Sugar's making a second pass through my blood.

muchlove
-dork
Madrona 02-11-2005 11:08 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:
And forgive me for being a dunce on this...Ed's voice is done by a woman?

Yes, in the Japanese version, both Ed and Al's voices are done by women (Romi Paku and Rie Kugimiya). They both do an excellent job, though, so it doesn't sound out of character for them. I can post some sound clips if anyone is curious what the Japanese actors and actresses sound like.

Okies...I'm all over that!
Krang 02-12-2005 12:46 AM
Ok, here are a couple of clips for Ed from episode 13:

quote:
I think I'm a bit closer to it now. I'm looking for a person named Dr. Marco, but the Colonel won't tell me anything.

quote:
You can't use your flames now! I have you now!

Here's one for Al from episode 10:

quote:
That was mean, Brother!

And here's Al's narration from the intro: http://www.16bit.net/misc/fma/al2.wav

If anyone wants to hear any other character in particular, let me know and I'd be glad to post another sound clip.
nathjan 02-12-2005 05:09 AM
if anyone would like the clips Krang did in english drop me a PM, i'm going to work on those 4 right now. so i should be done maybe in a hour or two.
nathjan 02-13-2005 08:48 AM
sorry for the double post but i figured i'd bump this thread. I have the two sound clips from episode 13 and Al's narration from the intro that Krang did, now in english. all i need now is a place to upload it, any hosting suggestions needed.
BabyGhia 02-15-2005 03:19 PM
Darn! I listened to these days ago and never got around to posting.

I think because I know both character are voiced by women, I really notice it. The first one of Ed is very noticeable. However I couldn't tell on the second one. In both of those, I could tell. Not that it's a bad thing. Can't tell if I like the effect on Al's voice better in the Japanese version or the Dub. The Japanese version has more echo on it.

Thanks for posting those, Krang!

BabyGhia
Madrona 02-22-2005 01:33 PM
over a week and one vacation later......

Thanks for posting those.

I'm not sure if I'd know that it was a woman doing the voices if you hadn't told me. It could sound like a young man before the voice change. Interesting.

Madrona