Meatloaf!

dominusofdeath 01-03-2005 04:12 PM
Who else here likes Meatloaf? It's another one of the things I picked up from my dad. I love Meatloaf. And Bat out of Hell is one of my favorite rock songs.
Lady Tesser 01-03-2005 05:24 PM
Meat Loaf - is - God.

Even after three decades, he is STILL able to conjure up the angst to sing epic rock song and ballads and mean them. Everything from bubblegum nostalgia rock ('Hot Patootie' from RHPS) to raw narratives of slice-of-life hell ('Objects in the Rearview Mirror') to F*** the World pieces ('Life is a Lemon'), the man is able to carry it off in style.
Ace of Spades 01-03-2005 06:15 PM
Why does this thread seem to suddenly remind me of his song Wasted Youth?
pen1300 01-05-2005 05:26 PM
OH! I love his ballads! The songs are AWESOME! I picked up Bat Out of Hell 2 on tape (and picked it up on CD) and I often listen to it in my car. "I will do anything for love (but I won't do that)" usually plays the whole ride from work to home and home to work. Big Grin It's fun to blast his music in my car and sing at the top of my lungs! (I also picture everything in my head. It's make a fun music show!!)

Of course, Bat Out of Hell 2 is about the only album I've heard. Mom keeps telling me I need to pick up the first one with "Paradise by The Dashboard Light." I've seen that WHOLE song's performance. He's BRILLIANT!

It's funny, yesterday after my mom's appointment, I put my status message on IM as "Life is a lemon and I want my money back." Quite fitting for yesterday I think...and when I looked over the lyrics, I really thought it was fitting. Should of listened to that on the way home instead of the radio...>.<

Later,
Pen1300
BabyGhia 01-05-2005 09:20 PM
My mom made sure that I knew about Meatloaf. I remember listening to Confessions by The Dashboard Light and some of his other songs.

Though I was horrified one day while watching Fight Club and I said "Hey! That's Meatloaf." and having my best friend and her brother look at me like I'm crazy. Shocked How can people not know who Meatloaf is?

BabyGhia
BethMcBeth 01-06-2005 01:24 AM
Mwhahhaha All the way! I herd it only a wee few times alas I live under rocks but its all good! ^_^"""
pen1300 01-15-2005 09:11 AM
I've only seen the commercial once, but did anyone else see that Dr. Pepper used "I'd do anything for love, but I won't do that"? It was wrong but so funny...

Later,
Pen1300
NightRanger 01-15-2005 09:27 AM
I got his album "Blind Before I Stop" on LP vinyl. John Parr (Singer of St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)) on a cut called "Rock N Roll Mercenaries". I also like his song "I'll Do Anything For Love"
Inigo Montoya 03-06-2006 07:57 AM
A wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age...

Yeah, I'm a fan. I have all of his songs and albums, and one of the first times my girlfriend visited my house with just the two of us, I held and rocked her to the music while singing "(I'd Do) Anything For Love."
DJX Prime 03-12-2006 07:33 AM
Yeah, I'm a bit of a Meatloaf fan too. I think I have to thank Lady Tesser and PCT for that one after they had "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" played at their wedding reception. That and "Life is a Lemon" sometimes creeps into my mind when I think about my current lot. Tongue
Sharpshooter005 03-12-2006 03:36 PM
quote:

Maybe he reconsidered that adage during the filming of:

quote:
did anyone else see that Dr. Pepper used "I'd do anything for love, but I won't do that"?

Yeah

Heres one I remember thats so obscure the entire purpose of it is escaping me.

It had three people sitting around discussing mundane topics, I think it was an ad for some sort of beer. And one of them says "What about 'meat loaf' 'meet mr. loaf?' "
NightRanger 03-14-2006 10:17 PM
An embarassing piece of trivia I should've pointed out earlier:The "Blind Before I Stop" album was produced by Frank Farian, and he was Milli Vanilli's producer.