Episode 8 Discussion: "The Philosopher's Stone"

Shredder 01-07-2005 12:22 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sephiroth
I thought that episode was pretty good. It was very different from the manga, as it never shows what Barry looks like, and he never attempts to kill Winry in it. I think it did a good job of showing that despite Ed and Al's abilities, they are still only children, and unable to do everything. Also, having read the manga, I knew right away that the woman had to be connected to the killings, because her truck had Barry written on the side of it, even though I didn't realize she was a man.

The anime FMA is more loosely based on the manga. I think it's pretty similar up to a certain point (I'll have to check exactly where), and then it splits off into its own direction. I've seen the entire anime series, haven't gotten to the manga yet, but am very interested in reading it soon. I think of the two as kind of alternate takes on the same story, and reading the manga will be like experiencing FMA for the first time again, since I'm assuming it will have its own ending (it's still going, right?)
Travis Bickle 01-07-2005 12:56 AM
Great episode. We finally find out where Ed got the title "Full Metal." I found the very end quite intesting, too
spoiler (highlight to read):
because it seems it will lead into further episodes Tongue
. I'm going to continue watching the show as much as I possibly can.