Paradigm Entry

Diverse Considerations 01-01-2005 12:16 AM
Well, I have to say I've been coming here for a while now, but I've always just been a shadow. But I've decided that it's time for me to take my first steps in the city of amnesia. Hello, everyone!

I have enjoyed Big O ever since it first aired, when I was in college and would race back to my dorm after class so that I didn't miss it. I remember being so let down after Act 13, wondering what would happen. It would be four long, hard years till I found out.

Just to give you some idea, I went and bought my Season 2 collection the day that it came out, driving through holiday traffic up 30 miles of interstate to the closest store that had one, all while fighting a case of bronchitis. Dedication!

Anyway, I look forward to making lots of new friends here. I'll see you around the domes! Big Grin
Zola 01-01-2005 12:21 AM
*waves* it's about time!

DC is too modest to mention it, but he also submitted an excellent story to the Heaven's Day contest that I am sure everyone will enjoy Smile
BethMcBeth 01-01-2005 12:24 AM
Aww! Congrulations and welcome to the best place for Big O fans on the net! Theres tons to see and do here! Theres lots of fan art and fan fics here and more! I hope you have a blast and I look forward to seeing you round! ^_^"" Happy New Year too!!!
The Big Finale 01-01-2005 12:24 AM
You know, this is kind of funny, since my username on the Save Big-O forums is Diverse_Consideration (although it's not like I ever post).

Anyway, glad to have you! Welcome to Paradigm City!

LAST MINUTE EDIT: *looks at Zola's post* Neat! A fellow fanfic author! Here's hoping you'll be posting plenty of material in the Nightengale!
Asirt 01-01-2005 01:05 AM
Welcome to Paradigm City, Diverse Considerations! I hope you will enjoy your stay here! Smile

Be sure to check out many of the topics that are available before you, but more importantly, have fun with it! Big Grin

If you need anything, be sure to ask the mods and the admin, and they will answer you anything. Wink

Again, welcome, and I hope you have a great time at the forums! Smile )

Later,
Trisa
Avenir 01-01-2005 01:17 AM
Welcome to Paradigm City Forums! We hope you enjoy it here. Smile )
Zopwx2 01-01-2005 04:18 AM
Awesome username!

Anyway welcome to PC!
Dominus Excelsior 01-01-2005 04:24 AM
Welcome DC!

I've just arrived in Paradigm City also. Everyone is very kind here (even the ones I were told were not so nice Cool , which is a very good thing). I've been here for one day and I'm already looking for a apt. in one of the domes.

Once again, its great to meet you DC, and I look forward to reading your fan-fic! Pleased
BabyGhia 01-01-2005 05:54 AM
Welcome to the forum, Diverse Considerations!

Enjoy your stay here!

Big Grin

BabyGhia
COHugh 01-01-2005 12:10 PM
Mod-est-y... ? What is this word of which you speak? Wink

Helllllooooooooooo Diverse Considerations! Welcome to PCF! Big Grin As your welcoming gift, I bestow upon you... ::searches his room high and low for a good gift::

AH HA!

No...

Hmmm...

::searches some more::

I hate dust...

WHOA! Sweet!

You get:

::drumroll::

An old X-Men figure I just found burried in a drawer!!! Estimated retail value: -$1.63. Congrats! Big Grin
Pygmalion 01-01-2005 01:11 PM
Greetings, Diverse Considerations, and welcome to our happy domes! It's always good to see another person contributing to the best collection of Big O fan works on the Web. For that, please take this 10-rating.

Interested in fan works? Bend an ear to Player Piano, one of many interesting stories and pictures in Nightingale forum.

Smith Mansion is your source of analysis and creative guesswork about the show itself.

Ailesberry has tons of info on other anime and manga.

Speakeasy is the home of off-Big O posts and birthday wishes.

Finally, JFK Mark is the place to discuss topics about the boards. There are lively continuing threads on avatars and banners.

Hope to see you around the fora!

Cheers,
Pygmalion
Almasy 01-01-2005 01:59 PM
Enjoy your time here.
Benjamin 01-01-2005 05:16 PM
*Walks Up*
*Says Hi*
"Hi."
*Steps Back*
*Pulls out Pink Dress*
Time for your initation ^_^;
You wear the pink dress and
you have to carry school
books like a School girl ^^
Madrona 01-01-2005 05:50 PM
Welcome Diverse Considerations. Enoy your stay in our lovely domes.

Madrona
Diverse Considerations 01-01-2005 06:05 PM
Many thanks to all of you, I feel very welcome here.

Madrona, Benjamin, Almasy, Pygmalion, BabyGhia, COHugh, Dominus Excelsior, Michael Seebach, Avinir, Trisa, Beth, Big Finale, and Zola, thank you so much. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintances. Smile )

And especially to Zola, the only reason my story is even remotely decent is because I have an excellent editor. *pokes Zola gently*

Finale, I look forward to writing some good things (or trying to!) and reading your stuff as well.

Excelsior, we can be roommates! I'll handle the east domes, you handle the west domes and we'll see if we can find a bargain.

COHugh, thank you for the lovely gift. I'll umm... put it on my mantlepiece. yeah...that's it... Pleased

Benjamin...pink isn't me. It clashes with my shoes. So sorry. Wink

Ciao!
Travis Bickle 01-01-2005 08:11 PM
Welcome, Diverse Considerations, to our little place we Big O fans like to call home...on the internet, that is. You'll meet a colorful cast of charachters as time goes by when you post here, and hopefully will become a regular like...well...like basically everyone that posted in this thread so far. Enjoy!

quote:
Originally posted by Benjamin
*Pulls out Pink Dress*
Time for your initation ^_^;
You wear the pink dress and
you have to carry school
books like a School girl ^^

Um...no. That would mean everyone would have to be initiated, and I'd be damned if I have to wear a dress...again.
Dude Love 01-02-2005 12:35 AM
Hello, Diverse Considerations. I am Wienberg, the forum's resident hippie (though slightly untrue) and the forum's official diplomat (meaning, I gladly reach out to the new members Smile ).

On a side note, when I saw your username I couldn't help but think of someone I know. Alas, he does not live in the south. However, this is a username he would use. That's of no matter to this post, though.

You picked a perfect time to sign up, as Big O is about to re-air, and there's bound to be re-kindled discussion.

Now, onto technical matters.

Here are some good threads to consult.

• dawnstrider's Orientation Thread - A good way to start off your visit here, this thread explains everything here on Paradigm, along with adding a few helpful pointers to become a respected, successful member. Smile
  • The Fallen Phoenix's Official Paradigm-City Survival Guide (Orientation - Section 2) - An additional supplement to the aforementioned Orientation Thread, this further describes everything here on the forums, and includes some suggestions on who to avoid Tongue Smile .
  • dawnstrider's Visual Rule Guide - A Perfect supplement to the official Forum Rules Thread, this thread shows enforcement of the rules in action. A great way of comprehending the exact meaning of the rules. Smile
  • The Forum FAQs - An underestimated part of Paradigm, the FAQs give a great explanation of how exactly the forums function. They include detailed instructions on how to edit one's forum profile, use all the forum functions, and determine "user rank". For technical questions, this is the written authority.

Finally, in the event that you are confused as to the rules, Private Messages are a great way to resolve any questions. Feel free to Private Message me, the Forum Diplomat, or any of the Moderator Team members.

Have a good day. Smile
dominusofdeath 01-02-2005 11:36 AM
Welcome to PCF! Hope you enjoy your stay!
R.Jesse 01-03-2005 01:24 PM
welcome to PCF SEIG VAMONT
Tifaria 01-03-2005 09:16 PM
Hi and welcome! I do hope that, being a fanfic author, you'll have more to share with us in the future! I'll admit, I initially signed up here because of the fanart/fanfic (in fact, it was Zola's fanfics that made me decide to go ahead and join the forum so that I could maybe find other stuff to see/read! (and post my own!)).

Anyway, this is a really nice place, and I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here. Smile )