Just Another Tomato

Dominus Excelsior 12-31-2004 05:09 AM
Just another newbie on the block. I have only, ten minutes before typing this post, just completed watching "The Big O II". The Big O, quite honestly, is my favorite anime series. I tend to like the storys that make you think (like Neon Genesis Evangelion).

I consider myself to be a run-of-the-mill otaku. I buy anime, download (unlicensed) anime, cosplay, and attend anime conventions of all sorts. Please do not take me for a hyper fanperson, "I am who I am" (pardon the Big O quote Pleased ).

Well, that is my intoduction, I look forward to posting with you all.
Benjamin 12-31-2004 07:43 AM
Welcome dude!
See you already got the hang of forums ^^; So I won't bore you with the simple details, have fun while your here and *gives $20* go get some candy at the local Walgreens ^^.
~Benjamin~
Pygmalion 12-31-2004 08:03 AM
Greetings, Dominus Excelsior, and welcome to our happy domes! For your welcoming gift, here's a 10-rating, because everyone should have a 10 sometime!

Interested in fan works? Try a serving of Meeting Norman by the inimitable A Clockwork Tomato, one of many interesting stories and pictures in Nightingale forum.

Smith Mansion is your source of analysis and creative guesswork about the show itself.

Ailesberry has tons of info on other anime and manga.

Speakeasy is the home of off-Big O posts and birthday wishes.

Finally, JFK Mark is the place to discuss topics about the boards. There are lively continuing threads on avatars and banners.

Hope to see you around the fora!

Cheers,
Pygmalion
Asirt 12-31-2004 10:18 AM
Welcome to Paradigm City, Dominus Excelsior! I hope you enjoy your stay here! Smile

Be sure to check out many of the topics that are available before you, but more inportantly, have fun with it! Big Grin

If you need anything, be sure to ask the mods and the admin, and they will answer you anything. Wink

Again, welcome, and have fun! Smile )

Later,
Trisa
Travis Bickle 12-31-2004 10:32 AM
SWEET! Another New Yorker! ^_^

Hello, Dominus Excelsior and Welcome to our humble home on the internet known as Paradigm City Forums. Enojy!
Almasy 12-31-2004 12:29 PM
Welcome to PCF; enjoy your time here! ^_^
Zopwx2 12-31-2004 12:30 PM
Ah another true Big O fan.

Interesting username.......
BabyGhia 12-31-2004 02:26 PM
Welcome to the forum, Dominus Excelsior! Enjoy your stay!

Big Grin

BabyGhia
harshfire 12-31-2004 03:18 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dominus Excelsior
Just another newbie on the block. I have only, ten minutes before typing this post, just completed watching "The Big O II". The Big O, quite honestly, is my favorite anime series. I tend to like the storys that make you think (like Neon Genesis Evangelion).

I consider myself to be a run-of-the-mill otaku. I buy anime, download (unlicensed) anime, cosplay, and attend anime conventions of all sorts. Please do not take me for a hyper fanperson, "I am who I am" (pardon the Big O quote Pleased ).

Well, that is my intoduction, I look forward to posting with you all.

Cool. I see that you are a great person in sense of what you like. Ha ha, I'll never understand some otakus, but maybe you'll have a chance. ::chuckles:: By the way, I'm Juvenile Angel and I'm Paradigm's resident Psychic. I think you'll enjoy it here, it's actually quite nice, even with all the little gnomes running around here.

If you need anything, don't hesitate to give any of us a call, especially me. I'm alway looking for someone to hang out with, ya? But it appears you've already gotten the hang of it all.

Later days:
JA
dominusofdeath 12-31-2004 03:27 PM
Welcome to PCF! I too am a Big-O fan. Don't know why.........but I am...........
R.Smith 12-31-2004 06:44 PM
Welcome Dominus Excelsior! Big Grin I hope you have a pleasant stay here at Paradigm-City.com Pleased

Please check out the Orientation thread for a quick guide of what's here to see.

Also, if you have a question, feel free to pm meBig Grin

Annnnd, hello from a fellow NY'er! Cool After reading your intro, we seem to have some interests in common. I too cosplay and attend cons! Big Grin
Dominus Excelsior 12-31-2004 06:46 PM
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I can tell that I am going to like it here.

Thank you Pygmalion for the 10! I will be sure to check out the Nightingale as soon as I can.

Once again, thank you everyone for making me feel so welcomed. Also, if anyone from the New York area is hitting up I-Con or Anime Next, be sure to give me a PM/Email/IM/you get the idea.
Shaoblane 12-31-2004 07:22 PM
Hello Dominus Alcaselzer!

Welcome to PCF/Paradigm!! Here is my gift to you!

You'll need it to rid the headaches you'll get from rapid IQ loss from being here! My name is Lizard, btw! Talk to me whenever you wish.
The Big Finale 12-31-2004 08:04 PM
That is undeniably the greatest username I have ever seen.

Welcome to Paradigm City! If you happen to be a writer or artist of any sort, I'm looking forward to seeing your work in the Nightengale.

Oh, yeah, welcoming gift, welcoming gift... eh, finding the Big O and getting to watch it tops anything I could think of, so you already have a gift. But I'll go Pygmalion's route and rate you a ten. You already seem like you deserve it.
Madrona 01-01-2005 05:48 PM
Welcome Dominus Excelsior. Our domes are your domes. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Madrona
Dude Love 01-02-2005 12:32 AM
Hello, Dominus Excelsior. I am Wienberg, the forum's resident hippie (though slightly untrue) and the forum's official diplomat (meaning, I gladly reach out to the new members Smile ).

You picked a perfect time to sign up, as Big O is about to re-air, and there's bound to be re-kindled discussion.

Now, onto technical matters.

Here are some good threads to consult.

• dawnstrider's Orientation Thread - A good way to start off your visit here, this thread explains everything here on Paradigm, along with adding a few helpful pointers to become a respected, successful member. Smile
  • The Fallen Phoenix's Official Paradigm-City Survival Guide (Orientation - Section 2) - An additional supplement to the aforementioned Orientation Thread, this further describes everything here on the forums, and includes some suggestions on who to avoid Tongue Smile .
  • dawnstrider's Visual Rule Guide - A Perfect supplement to the official Forum Rules Thread, this thread shows enforcement of the rules in action. A great way of comprehending the exact meaning of the rules. Smile
  • The Forum FAQs - An underestimated part of Paradigm, the FAQs give a great explanation of how exactly the forums function. They include detailed instructions on how to edit one's forum profile, use all the forum functions, and determine "user rank". For technical questions, this is the written authority.

Finally, in the event that you are confused as to the rules, Private Messages are a great way to resolve any questions. Feel free to Private Message me, the Forum Diplomat, or any of the Moderator Team members.

Have a good day. Smile
Avenir 01-02-2005 12:45 AM
Welcome to Paradigm City Forums, Dominus Excelsior. Smile )
R.Jesse 01-03-2005 01:22 PM
welcome to PCF
Tifaria 01-03-2005 09:10 PM
Hi and welcome! I'm trying to be better at welcoming new members, but I'm never really sure what to say. If you're interested in the "making you think" aspect of Big-O, be sure to dig through the threads in the Smith Mansion-- they're guaranteed to give you a migraine! The Nightengale Club is personally my favorite section (give my art a look if you like!). Enjoy your stay here!
R and D 01-04-2005 06:57 AM
Welcome to PCF! My name is Baby Fwuffles! i am the leader of 14 ninja trained guinea pigs! Ur gift is...

a fruit cake!

(i got too many for christmas! Embarrassed Sweatdrop )

enjoy ur stay and welcome to the forums! Big Grin