What Gifts Did You Receive?

Avenir 12-24-2004 12:12 PM
It may be a little early for this, but sometimes people exchange gifts on Christmas Eve and earlier.

So far, I have gotten:

- A can of gourmet hot chocolate my mom was originally going to use as a stocking-stuffer for me.

- Mobile Suit Z Gundam DVD boxset, which was on my wish list but I ended up purchasing it myself.

Let's also use this thread for tomorrow, if possible.
Almasy 12-24-2004 12:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Avenir
- A can of gourmet hot chocolate my mom was originally going to use as a stocking-stuffer.

Ooh, that sounds really good! ^_^
Mike 12-24-2004 12:48 PM
My brother's girlfriend got me the Weird U.S. book.

But it doesn't look like I'm going to get the Delorean I asked for. Frown
Tickle Tickle 12-24-2004 01:07 PM
So Far...

-Raichu UFO Catcher from my friend Emily. Which I loved, since Raichu's seiyuu is Urara Takano, who does the voice of Saline from New Cutey Honey, and sings the song 'Burning Up!'.

-A card from Keena (Midnightlight), my best friend in the world ^^

-A box of chocolates, and a sketchbook from my friend, Chanel. Working on a Cutie Honey doujinshi.

-Gundam 0080 vol. 2, and G Gundam vol. 1 from my friend Rob. I really loved this gift! Finally, I get to watch G in Japanese, and I finally got to see the sad ending of 0080 unedited. (Best Gundam series, EVER)

-Oh, and my sister (in Germany, Air Force) got my a T-shirt that says 'TOKYO' on it. ^^
Avenir 12-24-2004 02:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Almasy
quote:
Originally posted by Avenir
- A can of gourmet hot chocolate my mom was originally going to use as a stocking-stuffer.

Ooh, that sounds really good! ^_^

It does taste great. I'll check and see what brand it is. Wink
Redd 12-24-2004 02:30 PM
My friend Katraca made me a straightjacket! Big Grin

(I find it hard to eat with it on.)

And I already know my mom got me a sweater and Kill Me, Kiss Me vol. 4. (A manga)
AndroidZeroX 12-24-2004 02:33 PM
well so far ive gotten a nintedo DS, supermario DS, Star Wars KOTOR II, THE BIG O COLLECTION II!!!!!!!!!!! and like 300$

AND ITS NTO EVEN CHRISTMAS... damn im spoiled
Darkside 12-24-2004 03:00 PM
A sketchbook, Metal Gear Solid 3, and $50.

And I'm happy with just that.
Hienrich Ele 12-24-2004 03:16 PM
Thus far, I have recieved the "Star Wars Triology" DVD, "Big Trouble In Little China" DVD, "The Nomandy Invasion and Victory" DVD, several WWII minatures, and I have two more gifts to open today.

Can't wait to see what Santa gets me! Tongue
Volt 12-24-2004 04:31 PM
So far I got a triage from my mom and a virtual kick in the nuts from my computer, whose sound card just went to crap.
Happy Holidays, everybody! Tongue
Avenir 12-24-2004 04:33 PM
I just got another gift; a $250 gift certificate to our favorite local Japanese restaurant.
Sephiroth 12-24-2004 05:59 PM
So far, I have recieved:
Sienfeld vol 1
Trigun vol 2 and 6
A Christmas Story (book version not movie)
A new Computer Big Grin

But thats basically it except maybe 4 more gifts because we weren't able to buy any due to the snow.
Travis Bickle 12-24-2004 06:14 PM
From friends and family, I recieved:

-Quite a few checks
-Quite a few gift certificates to best buy
-too many cards
-A few shirts
-Kingdom Hearts: Chain of memories
-Alien AntFarm's latest cd
-The GTA: SA soundtrack
-A new double bass pedal for my drum set

Just a little more to come after tonight and when I go down to florida
Lady Tesser 12-24-2004 06:33 PM
A gift from many people here, to whom I am eternally grateful and will forever adore for their kindness, generosity, and compassion. Thank you so much. *cries and hugs them all*
R and D 12-24-2004 06:38 PM
hmm i don't what lies in the beautiful wrapping paper, but i know from here your gift is for making me happy when i needed it! THANK YOU! *guinea pigs and i bow to you* Anime Smile
The Baker St. Irregular 12-24-2004 07:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by GAT-X105

But it doesn't look like I'm going to get the Delorean I asked for. Frown

Aww. I feel for you, comrade.

As for myself, I have not actually opened any presents, but my shameless prodding and groping of one of them has led me to the conclusion that it is Captain Herlock with the boxed 4th volume. Schweet! Pleased I am also guessing, due to her hints, that my sister got me Batman comics.

Other than that, I must wait a grating twelve more hours before I can truly know what I have been able to sucker out of my parents.
Christina Perry 12-24-2004 09:06 PM
My Parnets give me an iron Chef Board Game. Big Grin

I'm so excited. Anime Smile
Avenir 12-25-2004 09:13 AM
Alright, it's Christmas morning.

My immediate family and visiting relative gave me, in no particular order:

• iPod Mini Gold, from parents (brand new, yay)
  • iPod Mini case, from grandmother in Florida
  • $25 Best Buy gift certificate, from uncle and his girlfriend, who are visiting from Florida
  • New Tommy Hilfiger bathrobe, from parents
  • Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within DVD, from brother
  • Mobile Suit Gundam SEED manga volume three, from brother
  • Leather Banana Republic jacket, from mom
  • Uncle John's Bathroom Reader: Plunges Into the Presidency book, from dad
  • A few Alfani and Banana Republic shirts, from mom
  • New sunglasses, from parents (stocking stuffer)
  • Gym shorts, from parents
  • Gym gloves, from parents (stocking stuffer)
  • Washington DC traveler's guide, from dad
  • Lots of Skittles and other various candies, from parents and brother (stocking stuffer)

Of course, there's still more where that came from.

My brother got an XBox from my parents along with a few games, my mom got some really pretty diamond earrings from my dad, and my dad got a new french coffee press from my mom.
Trotsky 12-25-2004 09:18 AM
i got a DS, man it rocks.

but even better, i got every thing i asked for mwa hahahaha
A Clockwork Tomato 12-25-2004 09:43 AM
Santa brought us a DVD/VCR combo with a built in amplifier and 5-speaker surround sound plus subwoofer. Woo-hoo! The old DVD/VCR had bitten the dust.

The surround sound is an ENORMOUS improvement, especially after I found the two speakers that Big Pluto had installed without stripping the insulation from the wires. They work a lot better when the signal can get through.