Benicio Del Toro
Brittany Murphy
Rosario Dawson
Elijah Wood
Michael Clarke Duncan
Maria Bello

etc.

I think this movie looks really good! ^__^

I highly suggest watching the trailer for yourself!
Hienrich Ele 12-24-2004 12:23 PM
That looks surprisingly good. Surprisingly because I tend not to like a lot of those actors' movies. Except Bruce Willis...

I''ll see that first chance I get when it comes out. Reminded me of Max Payne in the beginning. Now I have an urge to go play it...
Zopwx2 12-24-2004 01:28 PM
COMICCON FOOTAGE

From what I heard they shot the Josh Hartnet sequence and sent it to the writer of the comic to convince him that his comics could be made into movies. Otherwise its just a mish mash of clips from the movie used to get fanboys excited.

But they're also using that Sky Captain type filming though.......
Almasy 12-25-2004 04:28 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Seebach: [Zopwx2]
But they're also using that Sky Captain type filming though...

I never saw Sky Captain. Did it look really fake? Oh Well

I think Sin City's CG backgrounds look really good! ^__^
Zopwx2 12-27-2004 11:48 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Almasy
quote:
But they're also using that Sky Captain type filming though...

I never saw Sky Captain. Did it look really fake? Oh Well

I think Sin City's CG backgrounds look really good! ^__^

Well its not super realistic, but it allows for very stylized backgrounds.

I guess it might work well since they're going for a gritty comic book like setting.
Almasy 01-08-2005 04:20 PM
quote:
COMICCON FOOTAGE

From what I heard they shot the Josh Hartnet sequence and sent it to the writer of the comic to convince him that his comics could be made into movies. Otherwise its just a mish mash of clips from the movie used to get fanboys excited.

But they're also using that Sky Captain type filming though.......

That was some cool footage! Big Grin
AlexRosewater 03-31-2005 08:38 PM
Sin city will be released on Friday, April 1. So what are your thoughts of this movie after seeing the trailers or pictures? Since Frank Miller contributed to the movie it's going to be uncut nothing censored from the movie everything in it's entierty.
Ace of Spades 03-31-2005 08:39 PM
I may go see it, if its any good.
Zopwx2 03-31-2005 08:41 PM
S I N C I T Y !

I may see it if I'm bored tomorrow.
Captain Maw 03-31-2005 09:32 PM
wait, what is Sin City? never really knew about it. (than again, the only TV i have access to is in Jackson Heights or on the 14th floor)
Buck Buck #1 03-31-2005 09:35 PM
I'm going to see it with my sister while she is visiting from Colorado.
Jonny Axehandle 03-31-2005 09:41 PM
From what I've seen it's black and white except for some parts. Is this true or is it just in the previews?
Mr. Peabody 03-31-2005 10:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Neko
From what I've seen it's black and white except for some parts. Is this true or is it just in the previews?

It's completely in black and white, (although Clive Owen is briefly shown in color when a cop's flashlight shines on his face). Sin City was drawn in black and white, so the movie's staying true to the source material.
Zopwx2 03-31-2005 10:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Peabody
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Neko

It's completely in black and white, (although Clive Owen is briefly shown in color when a cop's flashlight shines on his face). Sin City was drawn in black and white, so the movie's staying true to the source material.

Supposedly there are random splashes of color, blood here, a someones hair, a certain yellow bastard, etc.
Almasy 04-01-2005 08:56 PM
Well, I just got back from seeing Sin City.

I had some complaints about it, but overall I thought it was very stylish and a pretty cool movie! ^_^
Lupin IV 04-01-2005 09:41 PM
Ah yes, that's right, it came out today. Anyone else see it?
Hienrich Ele 04-01-2005 09:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lupin IV
Ah yes, that's right, it came out today. Anyone else see it?

Seeing it tommorow!

I can't wait! It's Frank Miller... And Bruce Willis! It's a win-win!
Fujiko 04-03-2005 12:44 AM
So awesome!!!!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Very 50s like, and the effects were chosen very well. It had it's action, it's funny moments, it's drama...I loved it all!!!

And yes, there were certain splashes of color here and there, at least on some of the important details, like blood.
Zopwx2 04-03-2005 01:08 AM
Well I just saw if with a friend an hour ago becuase spring break is over and neither of us were in the mood for homework.

I thought it was going to suck huge so it turned out alot better.

It was kind of like Pulp Fiction except super saturated in comic bookness and ridiculous amounts of violence.........and it didn't care if you thought the dialouge was cheesy.

They stories and characters all seemed a bit similar. The black and white with splashes of color worked out well for this film, and the digital background stuff worked here when it didnt in sky captain.

My only problem is I know it won't be as good the second time around.

I liked it.
Travis Bickle 04-03-2005 03:19 AM
I have to see it now. I'm going this tuesday with a special someone right after class. Elijah Wood looks so kick ass it isn't even funny. I'm so there.