It Snowed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pen1300 12-24-2004 12:32 PM
It snowed before I left from college! But it didn't stick. I haven't seen snow since and we're not likely to see snow tomorrow. AND WE'RE STAYING IN THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOSH DARN IT! I want that foot of snow again so I can watch the idiots try to climb the road (in their small cars) in front of my mom's house. That was fun!

Yeah, forecast: Flurries. My family in Ohio will probably have a white Christmas... Crying

IF it snows. I'll let you know. But flurries count to me for a white Christmas. Big Grin

Later,
Pen1300
Spooky 12-24-2004 05:57 PM
...it snowed in Texas two days ago.

We only get snow in North Central Texas once a year if we're lucky (and that's even pushing it) and it actually snowed twice this year (the other time was on Valentine's Day...quite awesome Smile )! The even better part is that it's so cold outside that there's still snow on the ground and on some the rooftops. I may actually see a semi-white Christmas for the first time in my life Big Grin

I wish I had taken pictures! The courthouse downtown was abosolutely beautiful!

Latah Wink
Token
YoruameBaroness 12-24-2004 10:04 PM
I want the snow to go away. My car is frozen shut. >__<
Almasy 12-25-2004 04:22 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Token Girl

That's cool! I didn't know it snowed in Texas! ^_^
R and D 12-25-2004 05:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Almasy

yeah. i heard in housten they got like a measurable amount or something to that effect. it's freaky with texas being so down south. i wonder how sand and snow look when mixed together. Wink
Pie_Junkie 12-25-2004 06:21 PM
No fair! It don't snow in FL. I want to plet my sister with snow balls, ice out of the freezer hurts. FL blows, like Shelia! Har Har Har I hate her.
pen1300 12-25-2004 06:38 PM
No White Christmas for me. Bright and sunny though! Oh well. It might snow Tomorrow. I hope-I hope-I hope!

And for some reason, snow in Texas: I kinda assumed it might snow...I don't know why...Florida and California I assume never see snow...but Texas...*shrugs*

Later,
Pen1300

EDIT: Off topic But I just realized this:

IT'S MY 1300th post!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thought you might find that niftyBig Grin
Pygmalion 12-25-2004 11:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by pen1300
Florida and California I assume never see snow...but Texas...*shrugs*

There's a lot of California, and many parts not only see snow, they participate in it through the winter. Like up in the hills, where R. Jesse lives. Even down in the Bay Area, we had snow once, and inland of Crescent City, a white Christmas is far from uncommon.

Pygmalion
BethMcBeth 12-26-2004 12:12 AM
WOWOW!!! Congrulations!! ^_^"" Well Tony and I saw some snow in the Yosamintie Park in CA other than that its warm wether for us! ^_^"" Congradsa nd Merry Christmas!! ^_^"" Throw a snow ball for me! ^_^"""
Almasy 12-26-2004 11:09 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Baby Fwuffles
quote:
That's hot! ^_^

I like snow, but I wish it wasn't so cold. Oh Well

well it has to be cold to snow almasy!

Haha, I know. What I mean is, I wish the same effect as snow could occur when it's not so cold. Wink
Redd 12-26-2004 12:31 PM
quote:
quote:

It snowed in Texas where I used to live!! My grandmother got to see snow in Corpus Christi, which is on the coast, so it never gets snow. Too bad I wasn't there when it snowed! Darn. I also heard it snowed in Houston, and all the way down to Brownsville. You lucky Texans! XP

Anyway, it can never snow where I live... because I live in the desert.... ~sigh~
Tifaria 12-26-2004 02:37 PM
quote:

We only get snow in North Central Texas once a year if we're lucky (and that's even pushing it) and it actually snowed twice this year (the other time was on Valentine's Day...quite awesome Smile )! The even better part is that it's so cold outside that there's still snow on the ground and on some the rooftops. I may actually see a semi-white Christmas for the first time in my life Big Grin

I wish I had taken pictures! The courthouse downtown was abosolutely beautiful!

Latah Wink
Token

It seems like, at least in our part of Texas (the panhandle), it's becoming more common to see a white Christmas! We had one last year and the year before, and so far this year, it's snowed three or four times!

Thanks to my new digital camera, here's a couple of pictures-- I wish I'd gotten to take some on Christmas Eve, before the snow started melting!

My dog loves to play in the snow-- his favorite game is for you to take a handful of snow and throw it up in the air so that he can try and eat it all before it falls down. Big Grin

Spooky 12-27-2004 02:07 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Tifaria
It seems like, at least in our part of Texas (the panhandle), it's becoming more common to see a white Christmas! We had one last year and the year before, and so far this year, it's snowed three or four times!

Thanks to my new digital camera, here's a couple of pictures-- I wish I'd gotten to take some on Christmas Eve, before the snow started melting!

My dog loves to play in the snow-- his favorite game is for you to take a handful of snow and throw it up in the air so that he can try and eat it all before it falls down. Big Grin

Awwww...cute pics! Yes! The Panhandle does get snow...all the time it seems (I have a ton of relatives/friends that live/go to school in Lubbock and Plainview...farmers, all of them Tongue ). It's just not fair for the rest of us south of Abilene Wink We get the ice, but not the snow Crying

Latah Wink
Token
Tony Waynewrong 12-27-2004 10:37 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Tifaria

Wow, these are cool photos. Texas looks cool in the winter.

In L.A., it doesn't snow at all. Frown
Mike 12-27-2004 02:50 PM
It snowed a little bit last night! Not a whole lot but at least it finally looks like winter.
Zopwx2 12-27-2004 03:12 PM
It NEVER snows where I live, although we do get some rain in the winter.
Dingo 12-27-2004 03:14 PM
Crying The snow dented my car Crying

I had to drive to my great grandmothers house to dorp off something. Well my uncle had attempted to shovel the drive way.(is that two words or one)

Well anyway, i tried to pull in the drive way.... the opening between the snow to the driveway was oddly shaped, and it caused the passenger side of my car to push against the snow, thus making a big dent. Now im sad Crying MY CAR! I WEEP FOR YOU! Crying
Sharpshooter005 12-27-2004 07:15 PM
I was out at 4 am shoveling.

Not..because I was told to do so. I was just incredibly awake, so I grabbed a shovel and went outside.

I'm seriously going to miss the cold once spring rolls around..
pen1300 12-27-2004 07:30 PM
Dude, it snowed near where I work, which is about 15 minutes away. The only way I knew at Noon today was that it was along the highway and in some places (and my boss mentioned something). A dusting, but snow. What's really bizarre though, is that the moment I basically hit the border, I saw the snow.

SNOW! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME!!!!!!!!!?????????

By the end of the week we're supposed to be near the 50s again.

I'm so weatherly confused... Crying

Later,
Pen1300
Nine Kuze 10-12-2006 10:52 AM
*Bringin' back a really ol' thread...*

Um, today is October 12 and up here in Southeast Michigan, its snowing like its late November. Somewhere around that time anyway.

Anyway, its not too thick (in fact, you can still see the grass in some places) but still kind of surprised that it snowed nonetheless.
Peace.