Pirates or ninja's!!!! witch are cooler!

C.R Foxhound 01-07-2005 10:39 AM
Ninjas

Hands down, especially Ryu Hyubusa

One ninja could take down a shipful of pirates

Now if the question was Ninja or pirate catgirls....then i'd be more conflicted Big Grin

Ryu Hyubusa pwnz joo!!!!!! Mad Mad Mad Mad
o55goten 01-07-2005 06:00 PM
the ninja pirates with there superor martial arts skill, and their ablity with directions.

This canidate is the ralph nader of this race. He only takes votes from the ninjas. They should win.
Mugiwara Luffy 01-07-2005 09:14 PM
Arrrr....Pirates....definitely.

Arrrrrrr!
Trotsky 01-07-2005 10:49 PM
hooray my crazy ranting about who is the coolest on the seas is now in the speak easy!!!!

and its my thread so i can spell witch witch ever witch way i want.

Tongue
Hienrich Ele 01-07-2005 10:58 PM
Remember, Pirates and Ninjas can work together for the greater good... like killing a Mocking Bird...

"How To Kill A Mockingbird" With Pirates and Ninjas
Ozymandius Jones 01-07-2005 11:18 PM
*Clicking link. Waiting. Waiting more. Wastes 6 minutes watching the video*

BWAHAHAHAHAA! I don't remember any of that in the book...of course I didn't read it that close...

I was gonna say pirates, but now I'm changing my vote: DINOSAURS!!!!
Dork 01-08-2005 12:13 AM
Ninjas. Semi-baggy black gender-concelling costumes own.
Redd 01-08-2005 12:15 AM
Pirates!!

Think about it. Pirates would be more fun to party with. Drinking, cannons, the clothes, the sails, swords, the scurvy! Besides, I've never been one for sushi.

Pirates are hot too... but then again, I may be just another Johnny Depp fangirl.... and they get to wear bandanas.

So, I voted pirates.

But ninjas are cool too.
Almasy 01-08-2005 02:01 PM
I think Ninja's are definitely cooler! ^__^

Pirates have become a pretty big joke over the years: "Arrr! Shiver me timbers!"
Roll Eyes
thebravest1 01-08-2005 02:05 PM
Ninjas are allways better than pirates.
For L33t M4st3r is always right.
Madrona 01-08-2005 09:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by thebravest1

But I think Jumpei would make a badass pirate don't you think? He could rule the seven seas!!!
BabyGhia 01-08-2005 10:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Madrona
quote:
Originally posted by thebravest1

But I think Jumpei would make a badass pirate don't you think? He could rule the seven seas!!!

LOL! Yes, he would. Therefore maybe it should be Ninja Pirates! The best of both worlds! Big Grin

Personally, I would go with Ningas. The stealthiness. You go in... sneak up on the "enemy." You quickly and quietly take them out. Go onto the next one.

Pirates have to make a big deal. Fire Cannons. Full Frontal assault, etc.

BabyGhia
Cecil XIX 01-08-2005 10:51 PM
Since piracy is immoral and illegal by definition, I'll go with ninjas.

No denying that this guy is better than every pirate combined.
Mr. Peabody 01-08-2005 11:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cecil XIX
Since piracy is immoral and illegal by definition, I'll go with ninjas.

Ninja's were assassins. Where's the honor in that?

Most piracy was endorsed by the English monarchy because it hurt the Spanish economy. Many of the sailors who became pirates fled the harsh treatment of the English Royal Navy, or were just trying to better themselves financially. Also, pirates gave ships the chance to surrender their cargo without harming the crew or passengers.
Cecil XIX 01-08-2005 11:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Peabody
Most piracy was endorsed by the English monarchy because it hurt the Spanish economy. Many of the sailors who became pirates fled the harsh treatment of the English Royal Navy, or were just trying to better themselves financially. Also, pirates gave ships the chance to surrender their cargo without harming the crew or passengers.

None of that makes any difference. Pirates steal the goods of private individuals and businesses. I could see a Ninja fighting for justice, but not a pirate.

And my Schwarz comment still stands.
Trotsky 01-09-2005 10:51 PM
quote:
quote:

None of that makes any difference. Pirates steal the goods of private individuals and businesses. I could see a Ninja fighting for justice, but not a pirate.

well by defenation Ninja were assasions and evil in all way's... ninja can lie and cheat, but samuri must always stay true.

you want a samuri, but unfortonley that's not a choice.

we only have swashbuckling and blood spilling on theas watters. and in times where the evil turn deady, the good must to stay alive.

YEARRR... i mean... vanish into darkness... or both... WITCH ever you perfer.
xana_fae 01-11-2005 01:43 PM
You know Captian Kidd? He was a privater....a "pirate" that the English government hired to crack down on pirates and such...

I still stand with pirates....they had no "formal" training they were just ruthless warriors!!! And plus...have you ever heard of any female ninjas?

and yes it is your thread and you can mis-spell where ever you like.... my oplogies...
Cecil XIX 01-11-2005 05:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Trotsky
quote:
quote:

well by defenation Ninja were assasions and evil in all way's... ninja can lie and cheat, but samuri must always stay true.

you want a samuri, but unfortonley that's not a choice.

I have no taste for samurai either. Japanese war atrocities in WW2 are, in my opinion, the logical consequence of that kind of mentality. What I'm looking for is a knight. Someone like Kenshin, who spent his life in opposition to samurai ideals.

Also, there is not necessarily any dishonor in lying or cheating. One of the things Kenshin's right about is that when you fight to protect, holding back in any way means putting the innocents, who you're trying to protect, in danger. This is why that in a noble fight, refusing to cheat, steal, or lie is dishonorable.
BigNinjaPimp 01-11-2005 08:59 PM
what are you talking about

1. ninjas arnt evil (they were tools for war, used to spy, gather info, and to assasinate. similar to today's navy seals. samurai wernt fond of the ninjas because they used trickery and spy tatics to win. but the samurai knew that they were a powerful weapon in war. because they read it in the chinese book, The Art of War.
2. kenshin didnt oppose samurai ideals, he followed them in rebelion against the meji government. the only things he disliked were killing and sepeku. and protecting the weak is in the code of bushido.
3.most knights wernt that noble, the majority of them broke the code of chilvary lots of times.
4. the WW II atrocities were the result of the population being brain washed.

EDIT: and the ninja's had their own honor code. like they couldnt use their skills to steal for personal gain.
Cecil XIX 01-11-2005 09:18 PM
quote:
Originally posted by BigNinjaPimp

2. kenshin didnt oppose samurai ideals, he followed them in rebelion against the meji government. the only things he disliked were killing and sepeku. and protecting the weak is in the code of bushido.
3.most knights wernt that noble, the majority of them broke the code of chilvary lots of times.
4. the WW II atrocities were the result of the population being brain washed.

2. Sepukku seems rather essential to Bushido. Further more, in episode 3 Kenshin specifically stated that the revolution was not fought for power or glory for the government. A samurai fights solely for the power and glory of his lord, which in this sense is the same as the government.

3. I'm sure they did. That doesn't change the fact that the ideals of Chivalry are superior to the ideals of Bushido.

4. Agreed. They were brainwashed with Bushido. The reason they treated American POWs so badly is that, under Bushido, a warrior who surrenders cannot truely be considered human.

In Bushido, a samurai's supreme loyalty is to his lord, or the government. While Chivalry dictates that a knight was remain loyal to his lord as well, this was superceded by the knight's loyalty to God. And to Christians, (and many pious people) God is synonymous with truth and justice. Thus Chivalry demands that a Knight must do what is right and just, thus obeying God even if it goes against the wishes of his lord. I do not believe Bushido has a similar attitude.

...Of course, keep in mind that I base this on absolutely nothing. Embarrassed Sweatdrop