Half-Blood Prince Release Date

R and D 12-23-2004 05:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Tesser
You and me both, NVWC2006. I'd actually like for her to disprove my bet on Mr. Thomas.

Dean or maybe someone we don't know of? maybe Filch too. ohh...damn...more mysteries! Crying
Lady Tesser 12-23-2004 06:00 PM
The next question would be who's the one that's going to kick the bucket (she said there's going to be another major character death). The official websites are betting on Hagrid.

My bet's on Cho Chang - dig that knife of guilt a little deeper!
R and D 12-23-2004 06:07 PM
i think cho. doesn't she have like any contact with the minstry of magic or something? that could probably be the reason.
The Fallen Phoenix 02-14-2005 01:03 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Tesser
The next question would be who's the one that's going to kick the bucket (she said there's going to be another major character death). The official websites are betting on Hagrid.

My bet's on Cho Chang - dig that knife of guilt a little deeper!

I hope not...that would be far too predictable. I have to admit, Ms. Rowling deserves to be commended for taking the risk to kill Sirius--I can't say I would have done the same in her position, if only because I probably would have developed him over the course of another two books.

Of course, his death works very well with the "adults abandon Potter" theme, forcing him to rely more and more on himself and his friends.

My bets for Book 6? Expect more Ginevra (Happy ), don't count on Potter being Quidditch captain (he should have bigger things to worry about), more of Hagrid's "little" brother...just to name a few.

Now, what Ms. Rowling could do is kill Dumbledore off at the end of 6, creating a particularly hopeless situation for Book 7, but I doubt she'll do that. I wouldn't be surprised if a Weasley (hopefully not Percy, Bill, or Charlie) goes down--I'd say Arthur, but he almost went down in 5, so that takes him out of the running. Molly...well, that would be a devestating death, but I doubt that, too.

Perhaps one of the twins...
Ozymandius Jones 02-14-2005 09:23 AM
quote:
Perhaps one of the twins...

All I can say for that idea is that she would risk losing 50% of her female fans between the ages of 13 and 19...

Personally, I think Hagrid would be the most devestating. He's the one adult Harry doesn't consider as abandoning him....a friend of mine's theory is either Lupin or Ron.
spoiler (highlight to read):
He thinks Lupin because of You Know Who giving Wormtail a silver hand...

Personally, I'm staying away from most of the rumor sites. I read the first five books not realy having any idea of what to expect, and I hope to do the same with the sixth...