Episode 7 Discussion: "Night of the Chimera's Cry"

Schoolie 12-22-2004 10:06 PM
Just wondering. I didn't know if Tucker did something to them to prepare for his grand alchemy experiment.

But since they didn't really talk about it at the end, I wondered if it was something else.

Thanks for not spoiling!
Asirt 12-24-2004 11:59 AM
Finally got the chance to see last night's episode on AS. Overall, it was pretty good, if not a bit sad. It's too bad about Nina and the dog, though. Tucker did the same thing (made a chimera using humans) to his wife in the past. Still, it was a very interesting episode overall.
Zopwx2 12-24-2004 01:07 PM
Interesting episode. I guess we could tell glasses dude was probably up to no good the second I saw him. Just gave off that certain vibe.

We see the tatooed dude who seems like he is on a mission agaisnt alchemy.

The bald general seems to be the new internal badguy, representing the unfairness of the state alchemists.

Yeah so Human alchemy = bad, reiterated once again.

I'm glad the daughter died, her VA's fake kid voice was getting obnoxious. Wink
Wingnut 12-25-2004 09:59 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Seebach: [Zopwx2]
Interesting episode. I guess we could tell glasses dude was probably up to no good the second I saw him. Just gave off that certain vibe.

We see the tatooed dude who seems like he is on a mission agaisnt alchemy.

The bald general seems to be the new internal badguy, representing the unfairness of the state alchemists.

Yeah so Human alchemy = bad, reiterated once again.

I'm glad the daughter died, her VA's fake kid voice was getting obnoxious. Wink
Said General is also the musled guy we see in the opening just before we see Hawkeye shoot her gun at the screen yes? I wonder how he gets this mustashe to stay pointed like it is, defying gravity and all.
Benjamin 12-26-2004 12:56 AM
It was really sad how he used his own daughter :'( to make the Chimera, but anyway...

I need a place where I can find character information, can anyone help?
Krang 12-26-2004 02:31 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut
Said General is also the musled guy we see in the opening just before we see Hawkeye shoot her gun at the screen yes? I wonder how he gets this mustashe to stay pointed like it is, defying gravity and all.

Actually, the character in the opening is a different character who hasn't shown up yet (the opening that is airing on AS is actually the second opening which was supposed to start with episode 14, so it has some minor spoilers in it like that one). The character with the pointed mustache is Basque Gran.

quote:
Originally posted by Benjamin
I need a place where I can find character information, can anyone help?

Try this site.
evanASF27 12-26-2004 03:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut
Said General is also the musled guy we see in the opening just before we see Hawkeye shoot her gun at the screen yes? I wonder how he gets this mustashe to stay pointed like it is, defying gravity and all.

Actually, the character in the opening is a different character who hasn't shown up yet (the opening that is airing on AS is actually the second opening which was supposed to start with episode 14, so it has some minor spoilers in it like that one). The character with the pointed mustache is Basque Gran.

While we're sort of on the subject of things we noticed in the opening (and ending)....

Is it just me...of does it seem that the wrought-iron gate at the begining scene of the ending seem to say "FULL METAL ALCHEMIST"??
Green_Bird 12-26-2004 11:25 PM
Sorry, I wasn't on the forums 2 weeks ago so, I post my views now.....This was a sad episode. I mean how the guy basicly went crazy and used his own daughter. And then what happened to the Chimera at the end. So sad....it made me cry....
Krang 12-27-2004 01:18 AM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
While we're sort of on the subject of things we noticed in the opening (and ending)....

Is it just me...of does it seem that the wrought-iron gate at the begining scene of the ending seem to say "FULL METAL ALCHEMIST"??

You're right, it does look like that. Here's a screenshot:
evanASF27 12-28-2004 02:17 AM
Ah! So it wasn't just me Big Grin


...okay now here's a question...why didn't FMA air this week!?!?!?! O_o;;
Krang 12-28-2004 02:57 AM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
Ah! So it wasn't just me Big Grin


...okay now here's a question...why didn't FMA air this week!?!?!?! O_o;;

I guess they didn't expect many people to be watching on Christmas, so they decided to skip a week. FMA will resume this week with episode 8, though.
Dork 01-07-2005 12:30 AM
Hey guys, I missed this episode and now I'm completely lost. I've looked around for a site with episode guides but all I could find was TV Tome and you can't trust that site. It's mostly fan-contributions and some fans can't not reveal spoilers to save their lives.

Can one of you give me a summary of the episode or a site that has one?

Thankies. ^_^


muchlove
-dork
Sara Comatori 02-04-2005 11:12 PM
This episode made me cry..... Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Frown Crying Frown Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying
fractyl2 02-23-2005 10:19 AM
This episode was one that got me{A man who was pushed into maddess}.
spoiler (highlight to read):
But though Nina is dead, we'll be seeing her again. Note that she & her mother were not the only humans that were transmutated by Tucker...


Shou Tucker was a nice guy at the start, but it seems obivous he does not like making beast-men. But it took Basque's threats to get the weak-willed man to create another talking chimera, costing him his daughter & what bit of sanity remained in him.

spoiler (highlight to read):
But on contary to his 'death'{Basque}, Tucker is alive & well. Though 'alive' is in a matter of speaking when Edward sees him after three years...

**
To me, Shou Tucker is much like Gollum: a miserable wretch who by all means derserves death. But you can't help for pity him for the hell he went, and still is going, though.