The Least Favorite Singer Thread

Sir Nise 07-05-2005 02:01 PM
Well, it's not your fault for liking that song. blame MTV.
Fujiko 07-05-2005 05:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Nise
Well, it's not your fault for liking that song. blame MTV.

Off topic: MTV pretty much sucks now. They show random shows not really even having to do with music (what's that show where people decide who to date by their rooms? So stupid.)

Back on topic: I'm really not into any of the stuff mentioned above. I'm somewhat cut off from that world, which I'm kinda glad for. I was the last person to know who Ashley Simpson was Tongue and it was right before the SNL screw-up.
Travis Bickle 08-03-2005 11:32 PM
Add Tim Armstrong and Davey Havok to the list.
StevieV019 08-04-2005 10:59 AM
quote:
Originally posted by NightRanger
That's easy:

Marilyn Manson (aka The Devil)
Trent Reznor (also The Devil)
Kurt Cobain
Courtney Love
Amy Lee
Chester Bennington
Mike Shinoda
Any boy band

EDIT:Wait, I forgot Eddie Vedder and Jimmy Hetfield.

Oh sh**...let the good times roll...

Personally, my gf loves Marilyn Manson, I have yet to be turned on to his music...so we'll see...

Trent Reznor can sing...and make music...so, well, thats my opinion.

Kurt Cobain paved the way for a bunch of other sounds that came out of the 90s, and his voice is fine by my standards.

Courtney Love, well, this is an interesting opinion, because I love Hole's Celebrity Skin album, but we all know Billy Corgan wrote all the songs and music. Either way, I still like how she belted out the songs on it. Other than that, yeah, she's not the greatest...

Amy Lee has got some pipes. I think she really has some range and can sing; however, at times, I think she's forcing to an extent and can come off whiney and nasal sounding. Mind you, thats only at certain times and parts in only some songs. So, yeah, thats nit-picking...

And Im sorry, being the Pearl Jam fan that I am, I think your opinion of Eddie Vedder, is well, wrong. They guy can sing, and part of his talent is the fact that he sounds real and earthy. He doesnt make it a huge deal that he is singing, and he does it all unassumingly. Thats what makes his voice so good. Not because he drowns out over the music or because the music overshadows him; simply because he melds really well with the music that is being played. The music and his voice compliment each other, and well, thats all that I look for in a good quality vocalist.

quote:
My vote would be for whoever sings for Chicago.

Tanooki, that'd be Peter Cetera...yeah...I can go with that one...
Sharpshooter005 08-04-2005 11:15 AM
quote:
Kurt Cobain

Excedrin headache #43

(Couldn't resist.)

Also whoever said Chicago, you made the right call.

CBS FM used to play "saturday in the park", on a near weekly basis, and just the opening bit with the trumpets made me...well..think kurt cobain may have had the right idea.

No. Seriously. My version of hell involves that song on a P.A. system, looped for eternity.
DJX Prime 08-09-2005 01:35 AM
The Flamming Lips
Sean Paul (or is it Jean Paul? Aw, well. He's annoying to me)
50 Cent (or as every illiterate like to pronounce it, "Fiddy Cent")

And let's not forget one of the worst singers of all time: Yoko Ono

On the subject of celebs, let's not forget David Hasselhoff. My friend and I were playing music wars (playing the worst crap we could find to see who would shudder the worst) when his brother played Hasselhoff's performance of Dr. Jeykel and Mr. Hyde.

......needless to say he won.

And on the anime front, there's the eternally bad fav: Reba "Lynn-Minmei" West.

Let's just hope that Chase Masterson does better.
Sharpshooter005 08-10-2005 08:38 AM
quote:
50 Cent (or as every illiterate like to pronounce it, "Fiddy Cent")

See I'm kind of bummed this whole "feud' he had with game was a hoax. If the two of them had wound up fatally shooting each other...oh man would that have been sweet.

quote:

That may be giving him too much credit. I don't even think he'd be able to write up a convincing contract, much less convince someone to sign the thing.
TanookiJoe 08-10-2005 11:29 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:

That may be giving him too much credit. I don't even think he'd be able to write up a convincing contract, much less convince someone to sign the thing.

"Marilyn Manson and Tom Walker"? Just doesn't sound right...
Travis Bickle 08-10-2005 01:02 PM
Marilyn Manson pretty much does everything for shock value. However, he's a somewhat bright person.

And whoever said Wayne Coyne is wrong. Dead wrong.

Just wanted to add that XD
Volt 08-21-2005 10:55 PM
I have to add Marty McPrepuberty of Hawthorne Heights. I'm not sure if that's his name, I just assume from the singing.
spiked-knives 09-29-2005 10:56 PM
hmm well im gonna try to keep this down to ten

1. meci elliot (i seriously think she is talentless and should be thrown into music hell)

2. 50 cent
3. good charlotte
4. simple plan
5. new found glory
6. the killers.
7. hawthorne heights
8. cierra (sp?)
9. greenday
10. avril lavign

well i unfortunatly just named the biggest acts of today. but meh i just hate em all. and i coulda just named a bunch of boy bands, but i seriously hate the voices of all boy bands so their just a given.

and sorry i didn't name the lead singers, i just didn't know any of the frontmens name, all i knew was that they sucked nuggets.
Travis Bickle 12-01-2005 06:45 PM
Let's add the band Norma Jean to the list. Loud sloppy riffs and screaming into a mic get you nowhere in life.
David Ryder 12-29-2005 11:16 PM
Add the band skarhead to the list. besides a few catchy riffs they are rather run of the mill. Good thing they only released 1 CD.
Randolph 12-30-2005 12:02 AM
No one these days can sing, except myabe Josh Groban.
Everyone else is pitiful.

I used to like Hillary Duff (positively mesmerizing beauty, and a good voice...)
Then she got all anorexic on me, went up an octave, and broke my
artists heart of darkness into a billion shreds.

I prefer instrumental music anyway!!
Volt 12-30-2005 12:09 AM
Hillary Duff? Er, uh... well, anyway... XD
I also think that Patrick Stump from Fallout Boy sucks pretty badly. Lame lyrics, lame voice, lame hats. Maybe if he wasn't trying to play guitar (and failing) at the same time, he would be maybe ok. Maybe. Also, that Pete guy from Fallout Boy is terrible. He only "sings" live, fortunately. And by sing I mean scream really really loud and incoherently into a mic at the the worst possible time. Here's some tips. Stay away from any mics, learn to play bass, and just... lose the eyeline dude. Only 13 year old girls dig the ambiguously gay thing. Roll Eyes
Sharpshooter005 12-30-2005 12:47 AM
James Taylor.

Sure, alot of his songs might be great...if someone else did the singing.

His voice can cause narcolepsy, is all I'm saying.
Volt 12-31-2005 02:29 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo
Add Tim Armstrong and Davey Havok to the list.

I had this pic and finally realized that it said Tim Armstrong. XD You might've seen it already (it was in some guy's sig at the Comatorium), but, eh, anyway, it's funny. XD

Travis Bickle 03-08-2006 12:14 PM
I have reason to believe that Avenged Sevenfold is quite possibly the worst band to ever exist. Past the Darkness, Dashboard, or any rap group of recent.
Spooky 03-08-2006 12:48 PM
Funny you should say that. I was thinking the same thing around 3 this morning while they were on Nocternal State.
Travis Bickle 03-08-2006 01:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Spooky
Funny you should say that. I was thinking the same thing around 3 this morning while they were on Nocternal State.

I really don't know how people like them. They go from really crappy metal to emo in all of their songs. On a recent road trip, I was forced to sit through the entire album against my will. They pretty much have no structure whatsoever when it comes to timing or song structure, they randomly throw really sh**ty solos into their songs that you'd hear out of a generic 80's hair metal band. They really don't deserve to be playing music. The only thing that seperates them from Good Charlotte is the fact that they claim to be "metal" and GC claims to be "punk". Other than that, they have the same dipshit fans, same crappy songs, and they're just a bunch of rich kids who suck at music. Horribly.

And it's not cool to rip off of Fear and Loathing for a music video, especially when both the video and the song suck.