The Least Favorite Singer Thread

TanookiJoe 06-26-2005 09:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Tesser
(If you don't believe me, check out Shatner's dramatic recitation of 'Rocket Man' - it's on the net. You CANNOT sit through it without breaking into laughter or getting a headache.

How dare you criticize the greatest thing mankind has ever produced! When we finally make contact with alien races, this is the first thing we're gonna send 'em, cuz its all downhill from there.

Do not doubt the OTS!
Patsai 06-27-2005 11:27 PM
I like Offspring, Beastie Boys, and Guns n' Roses. Their old stuff anyways.

I don't like:

• William Hung
  • Dream Street
  • Jesse McCartney
  • Hilary Duff
  • Aaron Carter
  • Eminem
  • 50 Cent
  • Lindsay Lohan
  • A*Teens
  • Jessica and Ashley Simpson
  • N'Sync
  • Justin Timberlake
  • Backstreet Boys
  • Maroon 5

Actually I lied about the last one if you were good enough to catch this sentence.
dtk91 06-29-2005 01:00 AM
THE STICKS! why hasn't anyone said that one yet?
Collateral 07-01-2005 02:30 AM
I have realized that I don't like any singer that is also and actor or actress (except for a few). I mean what, you don't make enough money?
NightRanger 07-01-2005 02:30 PM
That's easy:

Marilyn Manson (aka The Devil)
Trent Reznor (also The Devil)
Kurt Cobain
Courtney Love
Amy Lee
Chester Bennington
Mike Shinoda
Any boy band

EDIT:Wait, I forgot Eddie Vedder and Jimmy Hetfield.
David Ryder 07-01-2005 02:42 PM
Hmmm well this is easy....

Fred Durst
Marilyn Manson
Trent Reznor
Coutney love
50 cent
Eminem
95% of all rappers (old school rap all the way for me)
any boy band

I could add more but I'll stop while i'm ahead ^^;
NightRanger 07-01-2005 02:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
Marilyn Manson
Trent Reznor
Coutney love
any boy band

I agree with those choices all the way.
Travis Bickle 07-01-2005 06:31 PM
quote:
Originally posted by NightRanger
That's easy:

Marilyn Manson (aka The Devil)
Trent Reznor (also The Devil)
Kurt Cobain
Courtney Love
Amy Lee
Chester Bennington
Mike Shinoda
Any boy band

EDIT:Wait, I forgot Eddie Vedder and Jimmy Hetfield.

I'm a huge Manson fan, but I think that his (old) band has more talent combined than he would ever dream of. He's very intelligent person.

Trent Reznor has a great voice, in , my opinion. I think he's a musical genius, and a great deal of people happen to agree with me. You should listen to any NIN album you can get your hands on (as well as Marilyn Manson) before you ignorantly go calling people the devil.

I love Kurt Cobain's voice. If GK were here to read that, he would pwn your ass a split second.

Courtney Love sucks.

Amy Lee has a beautiful voice. But, it's your opinion. I just happen to think that you're dead wrong.
NightRanger 07-01-2005 08:11 PM
I don't give a f***, Bleedthrough, and you don't scare me. And there's no way I'm listening to Manson and NIN, who are the devil's children. There's a God in Heaven, and I'm following his path.
Volt 07-01-2005 09:24 PM
quote:
I don't give a f***, Bleedthrough, and you don't scare me. And there's no way I'm listening to Manson and NIN, who are the devil's children. There's a God in Heaven, and I'm following his path.

Uh... wow. Maybe I missed the lecture on self defense in school, but when exactly did it become alright to act like a bigot and call people "the Devil" because they have black hair? Ease off.

I say the vocalist from Finch has a ways to go to really be considered a, well, vocalist.
TanookiJoe 07-01-2005 09:33 PM
quote:

That.. is the funniest thing I have read in months. Big Grin
Travis Bickle 07-01-2005 11:26 PM
quote:

You're a very angry and confused individual, Night Ranger. For that, I take pitty on you. Frown

How can you say that Marilyn Manson and Nine Inch Nails are the devil's children if you've never heard them? I mean, I lash out against the crap you support, but I've at least sat down and taken the time to listen to them.

And I doubt that god, though I don't believe in him, would want "his children" to listen to hair metal and Chingy. I mean, they don't really send that much of a positive message to our younger generations. Not that anything I listen to does either, but I never claimed I was following god's path (or, for the record, satan's). I follow my own path.

We have choices.

Some people like to stand in the rain without an umbrella. That's what it means to live free.

Others just go on with their lives, following the path of everyone else, and trying to convert others to their church. That church being Our Lady of the Generic and Redundant.

So, before you set off on a course to follow "god's path", Mr. Ranger, you might want to do some soul searching first.

Just a friendly suggestion from a mild mannered indiviudal.

-Scott
Krang 07-02-2005 01:04 AM
quote:
I don't give a f***, Bleedthrough, and you don't scare me.

I don't see how his post warranted a response like this... Confused If you don't want to listen to those bands, nobody is forcing you to, but there's no reason to lash out like that. Part of the reason you have two warnings is for attacking other members, so I suggest you lighten up a little before you end up banned.
Sir Nise 07-04-2005 10:19 AM
Yeah, you may not know yet, but Tom Cruise's crazy ass is planning to put out an album entitled, "Adderol is a Street Drug, You don't KNow Drugs!." It'll have beats by the Neptunes and appearances by Michael Jackson, Bobby Brown, and Hanson . It's supposed to drop Septober 13.

Now, he is officially my least favorite singer along with Hilary Duff and William Hung.
Fujiko 07-04-2005 06:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Nise
Yeah, you may not know yet, but Tom Cruise's crazy ass is planning to put out an album entitled, "Adderol is a Street Drug, You don't KNow Drugs!." It'll have beats by the Neptunes and appearances by Michael Jackson, Bobby Brown, and Hanson . It's supposed to drop Septober 13.

Now, he is officially my least favorite singer along with Hilary Duff and William Hung.

-_-;;

ditto.
088nd 07-04-2005 06:22 PM
quote:

LOL. What a psycho.
Sir Nise 07-04-2005 11:19 PM
I also hate new Green Day stuff, as well as Simple Plan, Good Charlette (they just whine and whine), and un-hot Lindsay Lohan. Now she's all anerexic! Why?!
Mike 07-05-2005 08:59 AM
Oh yeah, Fred Durst. I liked Limp Bizkit at first, before it turned into the Fred Durst is Awesome Show.

...I might have said that already.

I never really liked Manson. Most of the crazy crap he did was just to piss off parents. Never really listened to NIN so I dunno.

I love American Idiot...

I can't stand Simple Plan or Good Charlotte, either. Their tattoos are probably rub-ons.
088nd 07-05-2005 10:21 AM
quote:
I also hate new Green Day stuff, as well as Simple Plan, Good Charlette (they just whine and whine), and un-hot Lindsay Lohan. Now she's all anerexic! Why?!

I agree completely.
Sharpshooter005 07-05-2005 01:37 PM
quote:
I also hate new Green Day stuff

This brings me to an interesting point...I have no idea what's wrong with me, but theres probably something. Heres why.

You know the song "boulevard of broken dreams", and how it's overplayed, and not all THAT good?

Yeah, in spite of all reason, I like that song. I have no idea why, I know I probably shouldn't, but there you go.

Also I was just GIVEN the new cd around when I graduated..so...I don't know..I'm not the one who payed for it, is how I can still sleep at night. Also I'm not..really even sure I've gotten around to even removing the plastic wrapping.

But...yeah, agreed. With the rest of that too. When someone mentioned "simple plan' to me the first time, I thought they meant that movie where the guys find a ton of cash, and wind up murdering each other or something. I'm pretty sure the guy from sling blade was in it, can't remember. Seriously, I thought it was a soundtrack and not a band.