The Least Favorite Singer Thread

Avenir 12-18-2004 12:04 AM
Sorry if a similar thread already exsists; a search turned up nothing.

Let's keep this civil, please.

The topic is simple; post your least favorite artists/bands/etc. here.

Here's mine, in no particular order:

The Rolling Stones
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Jennifer Lopez
Good Charlotte
Kid Rock
Micheal Jackson
Jessica Simpson
Brittney Spears
Christina Aguilera
Linkin Park
P.O.D
Hillary Duff
Dreamstreet (perhaps one of the worst teenage boy bands, if you recognize them)
Eminem
Avril Lavigne
Ozzy Osbourne
Garth Brooks (annoying country vocalist)
Beastie Boys
Uncle Cracker
Creed
Limp Bizkit
Hoobastank
Madonna
Pink
Dave Matthews Band
Matchbox 20
The Offspring
No Doubt
Weird Al Yankovic
John Mayer
Guns n' Roses
Evanescence
William Hung
Nickleback
AndroidZeroX 12-18-2004 12:47 AM
rather negative thread, but i will have to go with that asian dude form american idol that sucked SO BAD, that he got a record deal and made millions... just because he sucked so damn bad... i dont quite remember his name tho, but he was the worst singer of all time.... i think i also fall under this category, but im nto worse than that guy
Avenir 12-18-2004 12:49 AM
quote:
Originally posted by AndroidZeroX
rather negative thread, but i will have to go with that asian dude form american idol that sucked SO BAD, that he got a record deal and made millions... just because he sucked so damn bad... i dont quite remember his name tho, but he was the worst singer of all time.... i think i also fall under this category, but im nto worse than that guy

That would be William Hung. And I agree, he was very bad.
Mike 12-18-2004 11:22 AM
NOT THE OZZ MAN!

Well, he used to be a great singer, before the whole burnout thing.

I have to admit, even though Jessica Simpson is as dumb as a rock and makes crappy music which consists mostly of covers, she does have a really good voice.

Same with Christina Aguilera, she may be a walking hive of STD's but she has a good voice.

And I love Guns 'N Roses...

Creed was good even if Scott Stapp had a Jesus complex.

Michael Jackson used to be frickin' awesome in the 80s. Then he went completely insane.

I hate Justin Timberlake, and anyone who ever at one point had something to do with a boy band. And Britney Spears. Who doesn't even sing at her shows, she lip synchs.
Shaoblane 12-18-2004 05:08 PM
Hilary Duff. *Shivers*
AndroidZeroX 12-19-2004 05:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Shaoblane
Hilary Duff. *Shivers*

yeah she does kinda suck, but i would never vote her worst because she SOOO HOT!!!!

i just could get myself to do it
Neko 12-19-2004 08:13 PM
Macy Gray's voice really grated my nerves.

quote:
Originally posted by GAT-X105
Scott Stapp had a Jesus complex.

Hahaha. XD
xana_fae 12-20-2004 09:40 AM
All Pop music
hum...guess that sums it up

oh and Avril ...god was a poser....gahhh!!!!

but come on Tom Petty?!?! I love him....sigh...a guy who sings about Alice in Wonderland? come on, you got to love it!
Bllue 12-20-2004 07:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Shaoblane
Hilary Duff. *Shivers*

your awsome shaoblane! that was my fist thought exactly. ....geez avenir, what do you like?
Redd 12-20-2004 07:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Avenir
Dreamstreet (perhaps one of the worst teenage boy bands, if you recognize them)

Oh god!!!! The horrible memories!!! Crying Crying Those comemrcials gave me emotional scars! Luckily, they didnt get too popular.

My top four are:
1: Jessica Simpson
2: Ashley Simpson
3: Hilary Duff
4: Lindsey Lohan

I don't know how anyone can think that Jessica Simpson is a good singer, her songs make me want to pull my hair out.

Then of course, there's Justin Timberlake. ~shudders~

William Hung is a horrible singer, but he's so hilarious. XD
Benjamin 12-20-2004 07:08 PM
Britney Spears
N' Sync
Backstreet boys

3 Names *The whole world starts melting*
Travis Bickle 06-24-2005 10:55 PM
WOW! Old thread!

Jesse McCartney. Now, this all stems from personal bias because I went to school with him for several years (and was in a few of his gym classes). But damn. What the hell?

And although it might not be metal (or manly, even), I did enjoy Justin Timberlake's solo album.

And the lead singer of Rancid. Either Tim Armstrong or Lars. I forget who it was. Anyway, Rancid sucks...hard...
dominusofdeath 06-24-2005 10:58 PM
Tom Petty and The Stones bad!? You go to hell and you die! Tongue

Worst dinger ever. That guy friom Creed.
Schwarzwald 06-24-2005 11:01 PM
Who is that one? The on who played LIzzy Magwire...

Hillary Duff... she is a direct spawn of Disney.

I was first thinking britney spears... but Duff is far worse.
TanookiJoe 06-25-2005 12:39 AM
quote:
Originally posted by GAT-X105
Creed was good even if Scott Stapp had a Jesus complex.

You mean Scott Stapp isn't Jesus? Shocked

quote:
Originally posted by Bleedthrough
WOW! Old thread!

Jesse McCartney. Now, this is personal bias because I went to school with him for several years (and was in a few of his gym classes). But damn. What the hell?

Why do you know/run into so many famous people?

My vote would be for whoever sings for Chicago. As a person who has been forced to listen to that "band" way too many times, I can totally understand why their old guitarist put a gun to his head and pulled the trigger.
088nd 06-25-2005 12:03 PM
I dislike every punk band except the Dead Kennedys.
I dislike almost every band played on the radio.
Actually, I should only list the bands I like, because it's too hard to name all the bands I don't like. It probably sounds like I'm trying to be XTREME!1!!1 XXREBELXX, but I'm not. I don't like almost all the stuff that's fed to the public via radio.
Travis Bickle 06-25-2005 12:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by 088nd
I dislike every punk band except the Dead Kennedys.

They're playing 2 blocks away from where I live tonight, minus Jello Biafra. Good stuff.
Lady Tesser 06-25-2005 12:58 PM
Don Johnson, Eddie Murphy, Patrick Swayze ... (Yes, they had singing careers for a while, which is why they don't sing anymore.)

Early Madonna has the most annoying voice in the world - nasal and squeaky. Thank the Gods she finally mellowed and is using her real voice now.

William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy.

(If you don't believe me, check out Shatner's dramatic recitation of 'Rocket Man' - it's on the net. You CANNOT sit through it without breaking into laughter or getting a headache. And don't forget Nimoy's 'The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins' which can give you NIGHTMARES.)
dominusofdeath 06-25-2005 03:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Tesser
(If you don't believe me, check out Shatner's dramatic recitation of 'Rocket Man' - it's on the net. You CANNOT sit through it without breaking into laughter or getting a headache. And don't forget Nimoy's 'The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins' which can give you NIGHTMARES.)

Now hold on Mrs. Tesser. I LOVE both those songs!
Collateral 06-26-2005 01:36 PM
I hate Lindsay Lohan and not just her singing. Gwen Stefani is alright...I don't really like her recent CD.