Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz

NightRanger 12-16-2004 09:00 AM

Lemme tell ya, I LOVE Lil Jon. He's one of the leaders of today's rap music, and he's also the King of Crunk! He even discovered two of my favorite rap acts:Lil Scrappy & Trillville! I still haven't picked up Lil Jon's new CD called "Crunk Juice". I do have plans to get it.
Mike 12-16-2004 10:36 AM
3 black guys in front of a Confederate flag?
something's wrong with that picture...

Oh and I think Lil Jon is annoying.
Travis Bickle 12-16-2004 10:51 AM
quote:
Originally posted by GAT-X105
3 black guys in front of a Confederate flag?
something's wrong with that picture...

I was going to say, it's kind of...not right.

Lil' Jon, eh? I have to admit I like the song Yeah with him, Usher and Ludacris. That's about it.
AndroidZeroX 12-18-2004 12:49 AM
i didnt mind him, but then dave chappele did that skit about hiom saying "yeah" all the time, and at first it was funny, but then EVERYONE is saying it, and ive come to hate the guy. didnt think he was all that great in the first place, rather on the annoying rap side if u ask me
David Ryder 02-16-2005 04:11 PM
I belive Dave Chappelle pretty much hit the nail on the head. All of his songs are him just screaming a random word with the quest's actually rapping/singing. Seems odd that three black guys would be standing in front of a confederate flag. O_O
Nine Kuze 10-31-2005 06:48 PM
See, its people like Lil' Jon that has made me despise rap lately. He's so damn annoying and the rest of the Southern rappers take suit and follow him and its just so bad.

"Yeah" was okay, catchy, but okay. But you don't want to listen to "Lovers & Friends". It has Usher, Ludacris, and Lil' Jon but here, Lil' Jon raps and no its not pretty and he sounds like crap trying rap and rhyme.

No wonder all he says is "OKAY!" and "YEAH!"

And about the Confederate flag thing, at first I thought that wasn't right. Not really offended in anyway, I just didn't think it felt right. But they see that as they Southern culture and history and if they're happy representing the Bars and Stripes, then I guess I can't really complain.
Peace.
Travis Bickle 10-31-2005 08:09 PM
Lil Jon is a secret charachter in Tony Hawk's American Wasteland. Man, does he suck.
YoruameBaroness 10-31-2005 08:18 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Paradigm City Hustla
See, its people like Lil' Jon that has made me despise rap lately. He's so damn annoying and the rest of the Southern rappers take suit and follow him and its just so bad.

"Yeah" was okay, catchy, but okay. But you don't want to listen to "Lovers & Friends". It has Usher, Ludacris, and Lil' Jon but here, Lil' Jon raps and no its not pretty and he sounds like crap trying rap and rhyme.

No wonder all he says is "OKAY!" and "YEAH!"

And about the Confederate flag thing, at first I thought that wasn't right. Not really offended in anyway, I just didn't think it felt right. But they see that as they Southern culture and history and if they're happy representing the Bars and Stripes, then I guess I can't really complain.
Peace.

I agree, I have always found Lil' Jon annoying and headache-inducing. Hell, I can yell "yeah" and "okay" through half of a song if it'd get me a record deal, too!

"Lovers and Friends" is awful. My cousin loves the song, but I absolutely abhor it.

I certainly don't like him enough to buy his album, that's for sure.
Sharpshooter005 10-31-2005 08:20 PM
Battle flag.

...Well..actually no, I should correct that also, it's the naval jack since it looks like it's a rectangle, and the battle flag was square.

Though yeah, technically either would be a confederate flag, just not technically the confederate flag, as in any of the three national flags.

edit:Then again...flags looked nicer then. Hell, I'm up for ejecting sixteen states from the U.S. just so ours can go back to looking like this.

Try and pretend the stars don't just look better in a circle. Deep down we ALL know they do...

But...yeah, really my biggest exposure to Lil Jon was...well..yes, that one Chappelles show skit where it's Lil Jon (played by Chappelle) talking to Lil Jon (played by...yeah, lil jon) over the phone.

"WHAT"

"It's me"

"WHAT???"

"Lil Jon"

"WHAT???"

"LITTLE JON"

"....OKAAAAY"
Sir Nise 11-03-2005 08:07 AM
Me, as a southerner myself has come to cope with the fact that every new group that raps from the south does suck.

I like Lil' Jon cause he's a great producer, but some of his stuff with other people *cough*YEAH*cough* made me hate him, and Usher even more-so.

I like Chappele's Show!
Sharpshooter005 11-03-2005 08:39 AM
I admit I have something of a soft spot for Lil Jon. Because he never did this entire "No I'm a THUG. GANGSTA LYFE" thing. He's basically said "Yeah, so I grew up in a six story mansion in the suburbs." in an interview.

Not that I'm claiming he's some kind of musical prodigy, I admit...it's...still not my preferred genre of music. It's just interesting to see someone drop the gangsta act, and basically stop pretending to be the posterboy for the underclass while simultaniously living in the hamptons or something.

EDIT: Also theres this on wikipedia.

"In June 2005, Ashton Kutcher failed to "punk" Lil Jon. He was boarding a plane headed for Las Vegas, but Kutcher used actors to play as customs agents to tell him that he was actually headed for Ecuador. Lil Jon quickly identified members of the "customs agents" from previous episodes of the program, and asked for Kutcher to reveal himself. Lil Jon is currently one of four celebrities to not be punk'd."

So he managed to beat some lame hidden camera show at its own game, which I guess is a good thing?

It's kind of amusing how little I know about rap music in general. I got into this whole thing with a friend in high school about what a producer does in music. Because I was confused..if Lil Jon is a producer, whys he screaming "YEAH. WHAT?" on the songs. And my example was...Phil Specter never said anything on the recording of let it be, he just kind of stayed in the booth and then killed his wife later on.

It...it was funny at the time anyway.
Nine Kuze 11-03-2005 04:57 PM
Actually, many of the producers in the hip-hop game are in their clients or record label members video, like Jay-Z, P. Diddy, and Dr. Dre.

Also, if Lil' Jon was one of the four people not to get the Mr. Demi Moore treatment, then who are the other three?
Peace.
Sir Nise 11-04-2005 09:01 AM
yeah, as the Hustla was sayin', producers are there to actually make and help with the improvement of the song, and overall the album.

I never knew Lil' Jon was a sub-urb kid. Well I guess it's