The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou

noTomato 12-08-2004 12:56 PM
omg! who knows what I'm talking about? I'll order you a red cap and a speedo.

it's this wierdo-funny movie with Bill Murray....with the sea animals....and the red caps....and the speedo's...................and the techno music in there underwater sea helmet bunny ear antenna things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here; Go!:
http://lifeaquatic.movies.go.com/main.html
Buck Buck #1 12-08-2004 03:32 PM
That movie looks really good. Kinda looks like The Royal Tennenbaums, or something like that. I'm really looking forward to seeing it.
Sharpshooter005 12-08-2004 04:06 PM
"What would be the scientific purpose of killing it?"

"..Revenge."

It looks like it could be good, yeah.
Almasy 12-08-2004 04:06 PM
I think this movie looks really bad and boring. Not to mention that I think Bill Murray is awful.
Zopwx2 12-08-2004 07:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by com_bun_bun
That movie looks really good. Kinda looks like The Royal Tennenbaums, or something like that. I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

I think its directed as the same person who directed the Royal Tenenbaums.

I think Bill Murray is awesome but wasn't a huge fan of RT.
Neko 12-09-2004 03:39 PM
I just saw a trailer for the Aquatic Life last night. I'll probably end up seeing it. And yeah, Wes Anderson directed both, I believe.
The Baker St. Irregular 12-31-2004 07:09 PM
Anyone else here seen this movie? For those of you who haven't, I'll tell you that it is more often subtly funny than it is laugh out loud (there are moments when you're cracking up, though Tongue ). Since this is done by the same people who did Rushmore, you can expect that kind of droll humor and underlying weirdness. But this one has funny made-up animals. Big Grin

I sawr this one several days ago. Since we're down here in Florida on vaction, we had to find something to do. Movies are always a good answer to boredom! So we looked up some times and locations and decided on Life Aquatic. I, for some reason, was really grumpy that day, and didn't feel like going to see anything other than The Incredibles (a movie I highly recommend).

After stuffing me with a hotdog and fries, my family pushed me into the theater. I was glad I had gone to see this movie, as it was a nice way to dispell my grumpiness. I particularly enjoyed the three-legged dog named Cody, the red hats and Spandex suits, and when the black guy sang "Space Oddity" in Portugese. And who doesn't love the part when they were attacked by pirates?

So long story short, go and see Life Aquatic!
Big Money 12-31-2004 10:32 PM
What a great movie... My favorite parts bein the pirate bits, the bits with Cody (Whats your dog's name? *Whap*; Amateurs! You left your dog! (Paraphrased, of course))... And I loved how the whole soundtrack was David Bowie in Portugese played slightly out of tune on an acustic guiatar by a random dude.
Almasy 01-01-2005 01:36 PM
Actually...there's already a thread about this...

[Edit: Threads merged. --Krang]
Travis Bickle 06-06-2005 09:17 PM
I saw it in theaters right around when it first came out, and about a week ago, my dad picked up the DVD. He hated it with a passion, whereas I loved it.
Sharpshooter005 06-06-2005 09:23 PM
Rushmore? Great

Royal Tenenbaums? Never held my interest.

What little I saw of Life Aquatic once? Interesting, to say the very least.
Travis Bickle 06-06-2005 09:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Royal Tenenbaums? Never held my interest.

It seems that I'm the only one in the world that actually enjoyed that film. I had a friend in Freshmen year who was obsessed with Ritchie.
Hienrich Ele 06-06-2005 09:44 PM
"Yes" is the only word that can describe this movie.

"What's you dog's name?"
"Cody..."
(Punches the three legged dog) "Quite Cody. Still."

Oh yes, so good.