[Suggestion] A Stickied Thread for Computer Help

Asirt 12-05-2004 08:22 PM
There should some kind of stickied thread solely based on needing help with computer related items at the Speakeasy (seeing as there has been some more computer problems recently, and some of them are the same problems, i.e. spyware).

Personally, it sounds like a good idea, but I want to hear what other people think about this.
Jonny Axehandle 12-05-2004 09:03 PM
I think it is a good idea.
Mr. Fortnight 12-05-2004 09:44 PM
Yeah, there was talk earlier about this. Thing is, I think there needs to be a sub-cat for tech-help, just so that people's questions don't get lost in just a single thread.

I also believe there is a need for a tech-related part of the forums. There'll be alot of questions coming up with the holidays and people getting new machines. That, and the ever growing menace of Spyware/Adware and how to remove it.

I also think that if this is to be a sub-cat, the moderators MUST be good with technology and computers, and be able to look over a Hijack This! log and find what the bad stuff is.

This would be VERY helpful since it seems that more and more questions are coming up.
Almasy 12-06-2004 08:42 AM
I think this is a good idea! Although I, personally, have never posted on the forums asking for tech help, I find reading all the responses in other people's Tech Help threads really useful! So, it would be nice if there was one location that everyone could go to, to either ask for help or to read about tech help! ^_^
Krang 12-07-2004 12:18 AM
Good idea, I think it would be best to start it out as a thread, and if it gets to be popular enough, we can make a separate subforum for it. I'll go ahead and start the thread in the Speakeasy.
Zola 12-07-2004 12:26 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
Good idea, I think it would be best to start it out as a thread, and if it gets to be popular enough, we can make a separate subforum for it. I'll go ahead and start the thread in the Speakeasy.

Since everyone comes to me for help on AIM, please, let me volunteer to mod it if it grows into a sub-forum.

Big Grin
COHugh 12-07-2004 02:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zola
Since everyone comes to me for help on AIM, please, let me volunteer to mod it if it grows into a sub-forum.

Big Grin

Me? Go to you for help? Never! [/sarcasm] Wink

Great idea, btw! Big Grin
Madrona 12-07-2004 02:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by COHugh
quote:
Originally posted by Zola

Big Grin

Me? Go to you for help? Never! [/sarcasm] Wink

Great idea, btw! Big Grin

Do we do that? Noooo! Wink