Episode 5 Discussion- "Man with the Mechanical Arm"

Krang 05-24-2005 01:55 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Maw
"promoted"? more like demoted. i mean... is it just me, or is Major a higher rank than Lt. w/e. i'm sure they're military works differently (although it looks like Germany to me, and the Lt. would still be a demotion)
unless it's Lt.Colonel, than that's one up from Major, and makes more sense.

Hmm, you're right, Major is a higher rank than Lieutenant (I never claimed to be an expert on military ranks... Tongue ). However, I checked episode 5, and she is introduced as "Hawkeye Shoui" (Second Lieutenant Hawkeye), meaning that she was promoted (to Chuui, or First Lieutenant). So, Wingnut, if your subtitles said "Major," it must have been an error.
Raven 05-24-2005 03:33 AM
It seems they changed the Hawkeye character around a bit in later episodes. I noticed she didn't seem to have her hair tied back like usual.. Instead it was just short. Still weird since her hair is much longer than it appears.
Wingnut 05-24-2005 08:12 AM
Well my subtitles are the ones that ran on AS last night. So I guess it was yet another Funi fart.
Madrona 05-24-2005 01:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Raven
It seems they changed the Hawkeye character around a bit in later episodes. I noticed she didn't seem to have her hair tied back like usual.. Instead it was just short. Still weird since her hair is much longer than it appears.

It's important to remember, but this show takes place over the course of years. In this episode, Ed is almost 12. Hawkeye has her hair short. She lets it grow out, and pins it up. Can't tell when your picture is from ( hazard not to look either!), but I will assume it's from later in the series. Most of the time that we see her in the first season is three years down the timeline. Ed is 15 ( he turns 16 near the end of the first season).

Madrona
Green_Bird 05-24-2005 01:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut
Well my subtitles are the ones that ran on AS last night. So I guess it was yet another Funi fart.

They also kept the 'Liza' part in the same subtitle, too...I would have thought they would have fixed that seeing as they refer to her as Riza for the rest of the series. But I guess they forgot to go back and fix that part too....