[Question] What the heck? That was strange....

Green_Bird 12-04-2004 05:37 PM
Okay so here is what happened....I was typing something up in the speakeasy.....I was typing the subject in. Then all of a sudden I keep getting these "Fill out subject and message fields first" But yet....the curser thing was still in the bar and I wasn't hitting enter at all! This happened every two spaces! Why? I had never gotten that before and I just cleaned out most of my spyware 30 mins. ago! So what would cause that???? That was so strange!

Though when I typed this....I got nothing happened....when I went back in to the post new topic in the speakeasy, it didn't happen.....so could someone please tell me what happened and I'm not crazy here because I know I wasn't hitting enter and I saw the blinky thing in the bar! It was strange.....
Krang 12-04-2004 11:41 PM
You mentioned that you scanned for spyware, but did you also scan for viruses using the latest updates for your antivirus program? Other than that, the only thing I can think of is a hardware problem, most likely with your mouse or keyboard. If this problem occurs again, try using a different keyboard and mouse to see if the problem goes away. If you try all that and it still happens, let me know and I'll look into it further.
Green_Bird 12-05-2004 01:55 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
You mentioned that you scanned for spyware, but did you also scan for viruses using the latest updates for your antivirus program? Other than that, the only thing I can think of is a hardware problem, most likely with your mouse or keyboard. If this problem occurs again, try using a different keyboard and mouse to see if the problem goes away. If you try all that and it still happens, let me know and I'll look into it further.

Well I know it isn't my mouse....because that's new(er)....And I was just typing....and it just started to happen! It could be the key board that things so gunked up who knows what's in there! some times the keys stick but they usualy let up after they stick or hit it again....but really if it is....I don't have the money to buy a new one....And my virus scan picks up squat....no matter howmany times a day it updates (A rouseing 2 to 5 times depending howlong I'm on it!)....

While typing it....I acidenly hit Enter when trying to hit ( ' " ) . But when I hit back and went in again, it worked...then when I typed this thread....it didn't happen. Who knows I'm having so many problems with my computer who knows what it will do next!
Wingnut 12-05-2004 02:01 AM
Goo in the keyboard. Been there before. A real pain in the rear until you figure out that a key is stuck.
Almasy 12-06-2004 08:45 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut
Goo in the keyboard. Been there before. A real pain in the rear until you figure out that a key is stuck.

Maybe the Enter key is somewhat stuck? Since it seems like it was trying to post your response before you had filled out a subject.

Sometimes things similar to that will happen to me. Like for example, if I'm typing a post and hit "Backspace" sometimes instead of deleting what I wanted it to, it thinks that I hit the "Back" button on Internet Explorer, so it takes me back to whatever page I was viewing before. Maybe you experienced something similar.
R and D 12-23-2004 06:37 PM
i tried to post in the i reached a post thread but i couldn't! aol kept disconnecting me! Crying i scanned my computer for viruses and other stuff. can someone explain this to me before i chuck my computer out the window? Mad
Travis Bickle 12-23-2004 06:42 PM
A typical response would be "Maybe cuz Aol is teh s uck (woot woot)!" but I suggest that you try different numbers that you use to connect (if you do have dial up). I remember when I had AOL...
R and D 12-24-2004 06:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
A typical response would be "Maybe cuz Aol is teh s uck (woot woot)!" but I suggest that you try different numbers that you use to connect (if you do have dial up). I remember when I had AOL...

i switched the number and it still doesn't work. aol sucks! my old number worked and they took it out of the list! i had to get a new one cause of those idiots! I want verizon dsl now!
spoiler (highlight to read):
those bastards!!! Mad