C L O S E R

Almasy 12-04-2004 11:32 AM
————————————————————————
CLOSER
————————————————————————

Last night I went to see Closer with a group of friends!

It was a very interesting movie that takes an in-depth look at
the drama and chaos that revolves around four people and their relationships with each other.

I really liked it! The acting was excellent!

TRAILER

PICTURES

————————————————————————
"If you believe in love at first sight, you never stop looking."
————————————————————————
Spooky 12-16-2004 02:01 AM
I knew there had to be a Closer thread! I was in a stage production of this story (I was Alice Big Grin ) so I was a little biased and was assuming the worst from this film. While I think I prefer Marber's script for the stage production over the movie, I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by how well this film came together.

This isn't a movie for hopeless romantics, that's for sure. However, I was a little displeased that Marber changed the ending in the movie because in the play,
spoiler (highlight to read):
Alice is hit by a taxi in the same manner she was in the beginning of the story, only Dan isn't there to take her to the hospital and she dies alone in the street.
At least, I thought it was more bittersweet that way.

Great movie - worth the $8. Just don't take your date to go see this film Wink

Latah Wink
Token
BethMcBeth 12-16-2004 02:04 AM
Interesting so this movie seems to show you two sides of the same coin as in thigns worked this way because of this and then they worked out this way because of that. Interesting so I guess this could fall under the catogery as these movies Sliding Doors and also a little like maybe Vanillia Sky ? Coolness! ^_~" I'll still be interested to see this one too!
Spooky 12-16-2004 02:13 AM
quote:
Originally posted by BethMcBeth
Interesting so this movie seems to show you two sides of the same coin as in thigns worked this way because of this and then they worked out this way because of that. Interesting so I guess this could fall under the catogery as these movies Sliding Doors and also a little like maybe Vanillia Sky ? Coolness! ^_~" I'll still be interested to see this one too!

Not exactly...it's more a story about two couples who end up switching signifigant others, only to go back to their original partners...more or less. It's an intense look into the ugly, dirty, side of relationships. And it makes love out to not be as great as it seems (very pessimistic and cynical...I wouldn't advise it for hopeless romantics Tongue ). But you should still see it if you get a chance Smile

Latah Wink
Token
Gummibear 06-29-2005 10:14 PM
I going to ressurect this thread for a moment because I just rented this film. I heard very positive reviews but I had never seen the movie until now. It's really excellent. The acting by Natalie Portman is magnificent! It really was a unique look at relationships. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin I could see myself purchasing the DVD.