[Suggestion] A Sugguestion

Benjamin 11-25-2004 03:58 PM
A Colored Scrollbar, One That matches the Skin
I can Do It An Orange Arrow, and Black and Dark Grey Bar
What do you think?
Dude Love 11-25-2004 04:54 PM
Hmm... Sounds like a decent idea. But, sometimes with colored scroll bars, it's harder to see the thing and therefore harder to scroll.

Also, just on a different note, I believe colored scroll bars work with only one browser -- that is -- just in IE.
Krang 11-25-2004 11:45 PM
Good idea, but I always try to make the forums (and the site) look the same in all browsers, and since this is an IE-only enhancement, adding it wouldn't really be fair to those of us who don't use IE.
Zopwx2 11-25-2004 11:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
Good idea, but I always try to make the forums (and the site) look the same in all browsers, and since this is an IE-only enhancement, adding it wouldn't really be fair to those of us who don't use IE.

I use firefox and I wouldn't care if the IE people got an orange scroll bar....

But at least I know I can count on you to always be fair and honest if you're willing to make sure even small details like scroll bar color are the same for everyone.
X Prime 11-26-2004 06:03 AM
Unless there's inbred forum specific stuff like the Search bar in threads... Whatever that does (Too lazy to ever look).
Benjamin 11-26-2004 06:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang

Sorry Krang I forgot But a friend gave me the HTML for doing this and it works with AOL, MSN, and IE, so its not just for IE.
I believe all you have to do is change the HEX #'s
code:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
background-color:#00FFFF;
scrollbar-arrow-color: #78DDFF;
scrollbar-base-color: #0000FF;
scrollbar-face-color: #000000;
scrollbar-highlight-color: #0000A5;
scrollbar-shadow-color: #000000;
scrollbar-3d-light-color: #0096E1;
scrollbar-dark-shadow-color: #0000A5

Note: This I used on my forums its blue so I wouldn't reccomend COPING it right into the Style Sheet, it may not go with the skin, it would with the smileys but not the skin Smile
The Fallen Phoenix 11-26-2004 06:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Benjamin
Sorry Krang I forgot But a friend gave me the HTML for doing this and it works with AOL, MSN, and IE, so its not just for IE.
code:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:

Note: This I used on my forums its blue so I wouldn't reccomend COPING it right into the Style Sheet, it may not go with the skin, it would with the smileys but not the skin Smile

Yes, but how many members really use AOL or MSN when browsing the internet? That still doesn't cover the members using Netscape, Mozilla, Firefox, or Opera, just to name a few...

If you can find a way to make them all use it, more power to you, I suppose.
Benjamin 11-26-2004 06:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Fallen Phoenix
quote:
Originally posted by Benjamin
code:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:

Yes, but how many members really use AOL or MSN when browsing the internet? That still doesn't cover the members using Netscape, Mozilla, Firefox, or Opera, just to name a few...

If you can find a way to make them all use it, more power to you, I suppose.

No Clue what any of those are, I know of netscape, somewhat, and other than that the only Browsers I have worked with are the ones I mentioned earlier IE, MSN, AOL, thats it Frown
Mike 11-26-2004 07:05 PM
I'm pretty sure both AOL and MSN use IE as their browsers anyway.
Dude Love 11-26-2004 07:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by GAT-X105
I'm pretty sure both AOL and MSN use IE as their browsers anyway.

Indeed, and Mozilla's browsers are loosely based off of Netscape.

Either way, the more I look at it, this idea is shaping up bad. It's exclusionary.

Also, how haven't you heard of Netscape, Firefox, Mozilla, and Opera? Those are the most popular alternatives to IE (and more and more people are abandoning IE).

Plus, we haven't even touched browsers for OSes other than Windows. There's Safari for Macs, and Konqueror and a few others for Linux-based PCs. These other browsers are large chunks of the web.
evanASF27 11-26-2004 08:41 PM
i think the reason people stay with IE is because 1) IT GETS THEM TO THE INTERNET!

If IE didn't get me to the internet I would change to firefox, mozilla, or whatever.

You know if this topic starts to get into an argument over browsers, I think it should be closed...
Zopwx2 11-26-2004 09:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
i think the reason people stay with IE is because 1) IT GETS THEM TO THE INTERNET!

If IE didn't get me to the internet I would change to firefox, mozilla, or whatever.

You know if this topic starts to get into an argument over browsers, I think it should be closed...

why, go off topic then tell everyone else not to....
evanASF27 11-26-2004 09:11 PM
well I mean, we've had enough arguments for one month, haven't we? `-`

*edit*
and oh yes, Krang said that the scroll thingies weren't gonna be changed.