Hello All

LillyRose 11-25-2004 10:56 AM
Avoiding my family on Thanksgiving long enough to introduce myself.

Hello, I'm Lilly Rose. I was exposed Big O at a con. I didn't get to see much of it; I was quite distracted at the time. I really liked what I did see. Then a week or so later, I noticed my best friend's husband had the Season One box set. I borrowed it, watched it all in a day, and fell in fangirl love.

I love this series for its' complexity and film noir vibe. R. Dorothy Waynewright is my favorite. I'm intrigued by her dilemma- too human to be just a android, and too android to be wholly human. So what does that leave her? I'm also a big fan of the Roger/Dorothy dynamic. (Blame this on the fact that Missing Cat was the first whole episode I saw.)

I have yet to see Season Two. People tell me I don't want to see it, but I want to make up my own mind.

Okay. I've wasted enough of your time. Thanks for having me, and I hope I don't drive anyone any crazier tahn they already are. Big Grin
Zola 11-25-2004 11:07 AM
Welcome, LillyRose!

Glad to have you, hope you'll introduce yourself over at SBO as well Smile
Asirt 11-25-2004 11:35 AM
Welcome to Paradigm City, LillyRose! I hope you enjoy your stay here! Smile

Be sure to check out many of the topics available before you, but more importantly, have fun with it! Big Grin

If you need anything, be sure to ask the mods or the admin, and they will be happy to answer you anything! Wink

Later,
Trisa
Benjamin 11-25-2004 11:50 AM
WELCOME TO PARADIGM CITY!
LilyRose Smile Enjoy your stay here
~Benjamin~
R.Jesse 11-25-2004 11:58 AM
welcome to PCF i am r.jesse the evil overlord of vamont
i am death

have this evil as my welcomeing gift
Madrona 11-25-2004 01:08 PM
Welcome to our lovely domes LillyRose. We're glad you came to join us here. Make your self at home and enjoy the lovely fan art and fan fiction. It's a wonderful place to spend way too much of your free time!! Wink

Madrona
The Baker St. Irregular 11-25-2004 02:42 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of Paradigm City Forums! I guarantee you will love it here.

I am called Mistress-Samwise. I am the resident Ringer and Black Jack fan girl. I hope to see you around here!

Oh, and as for the second season of The Big O, you really should see it. I loved it, and what in the name of god is wrong with more Big O? Nothing, that's what!

Again, welcome and enjoy your stay!

Huzzah!
Dude Love 11-25-2004 03:10 PM
Hello LillyRose. I'm Wienberg, Paradigm's "forum diplomat". I'll explain that later.

First of all, I'd like to welcome you to Paradigm. You'll find this place quite wonderful. There are many intellectual and kind people ready to help you on the way.

Second of all, here are some threads I suggest you look at:

Dawnstrider's Orientation Thread - A general overview of living and posting here at Paradigm.
The Fallen Phoenix's The Official Paradigm-City Survival Guide (Orient. - Sec 2) - What you need to know in order to live successfully here.
Dawnstrider's Visual Rule Guide - A great approach to learning the rules here.

Those will answer a lot of questions.

Third, the Forum Diplomat thing. If you find yourself having any questions or comments, or just want to shoot the breeze, feel free to PM me. My PM box is always open, and you will get a response as soon as I receive your PM. Smile

And, finally, you deserve two gifts. The first is... A Baseball Bat covered in Barbed Wire and sweaty gym socks! Enjoy it. The second gift, from the vault of major pain, is a glow stick major pain peed on. Enjoy.

So, enjoy your stay here, and watch your sanity disappear!
Pygmalion 11-25-2004 03:55 PM
Greetings, LillyRose, and welcome to our happy domes! You'll find plenty of people here willing to discuss the merits of seasons 1, 2, and a proposed 3.

Interested in fan works? Lend an ear to Player Piano, one of many interesting stories and pictures in Nightingale forum.

Smith Mansion is your source of analysis and creative guesswork about the show itself.

Ailesberry has tons of info on other anime and manga.

Speakeasy is the home of off-Big O posts and birthday wishes.

Finally, JFK Mark is the place to discuss topics about the boards. There are lively continuing threads on avatars and banners.

Hope to see you around the fora!

Cheers,
Pygmalion
Zopwx2 11-25-2004 06:12 PM
Welcome to PC.

.....and who the hell told you not to see the second season! Mad

(its different but still good)
Dingo 11-25-2004 06:26 PM
Welcome, any sanity you have left will be gone withen a few posts.

And who told you that the second season is no good. We shall arrive outside of their house withen minutes with pitchforks and torches!
The Fallen Phoenix 11-25-2004 07:57 PM
Welcome to Paradigm City, the City of Amnesia, Insomnia, and (most of all) Insanity! I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay...we have a lot of good, intelligent people here who are quite pleasant to be around (sometimes Tongue ), and that lays the foundation for a very friendly community. Big Grin

You're certainly not going to drive us any crazier...insanity begets insanity, so in all likelihood we'll end up making you crazier. Actually, now that I spend a few moments pondering the subject, I suppose it doesn't really matter who drives who crazier, as we'll all be crazy in the end...

I suggest you see Big O Season II, if only so you can make up your mind for yourself. Yes, it certainly is different and brings up many more (plot) questions than it answers, but it certainly doesn't disgrace the Big O. Indeed, some of my favorite episodes from the entire series (Stripes and The Third Big, to name a couple) come from the second season...some episodes are disappointing, but in my opinion most aren't.
MasterQuest55 11-26-2004 03:41 PM
Welcome, welcome Big O fan! Don't worry about driving anyone crazy because I myself am crazy in a unique way. I not only like big O but all anime and talk about it so much that some call me insane but don't let me scare you off we're all glad to have you! Big Grin
dominusofdeath 11-26-2004 03:59 PM
Velcome to Paradigm City!
BabyGhia 11-26-2004 05:44 PM
Welcome to the forum, LillyRose!

Big Grin

BabyGhia
Tabris-kun 11-26-2004 09:27 PM
Welcome to PCF. Be a good member and I wont let Godzilla loose Big Grin
dawnstrider 11-27-2004 06:16 PM
Welcome to Paradigm, Lillyrose Smile . Hope you are enjoying yourself and the company of your fellow members. Our neighborhood diplomat - Wienberg - did a fine job in directing you to the important threads in this forum, so I'll just leave you with my standard gift: a ten rating Smile . Just as we are all more or less unburdened by the stigma of personal history when we are born, you deserve a fresh start with a good regard when you first come here Big Grin .

Again, welcome, and we look forward to seeing how you build your "personal history" with us from now Big Grin .

Peace Cool
COHugh 11-27-2004 06:45 PM
Heya! Smile I come bearing gifts... Big Grin

::looks around his room::

AH!

I bestow upon you...

::drumroll::

A broken LCD Monitor sure to provide you with hours of frustration as it has for me! Big Grin Enjoy!
Big Money 11-27-2004 07:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by LillyRose
I have yet to see Season Two. People tell me I don't want to see it, but I want to make up my own mind.

They probably just wanted to save you from the inevitable brain explosion that results from watching Act 26...

But, ah, welcome and enjoy your stay!
LillyRose 11-28-2004 12:25 AM
Hi all just me ducking back in to say thank you for the welcome and the ...gifts. I appreciate both. As for Season Two, I shall have it by the weekend. I'm so spoiled for it though, mostly thanks to this site and my own lack of restraint. Wink And as I understand it, actually seeing Act 26 won't clear up my confusion, it will probably make it worse. I'm prepared for the brain explosion. *g*

As for the person who tried to warn me off Season Two? They have been...dealt with. Bwa ha ha ha.

Goodnight and again thanks!