Rate the Avatar

Buck Buck #1 11-25-2004 08:41 PM
Fallen Phoenix I like that avatar, and now that I know what it is I can better apreciate it. 10/10
Pygmalion 11-25-2004 09:31 PM
Com_bun_bun, this rabbit avatar is quite nice. The only fault I might find is that the background is a bit hard to distinguish from the rabbit. 8/10

Pygmalion
The Fallen Phoenix 11-26-2004 03:58 PM
Personally, I liked your older avatar better.

Clarity is fairly good...particularly considering the style of the avatar (which is fairly unique). There is some grain, but it blends in with the noisy style of the image.

No noticable problems with the colors...there's certainly a large variety, and the washed-out nature of the colors work well with the overall style of the avatar, I think. Granted, I tend to prefer vibrant saturation to washed out colors, but vibrant colors wouldn't go very well with the handrawn style of the avatar.

There really aren't any major problems with the avatar...but, as with many, there just doesn't seem anything too outstanding, either. Overall, it's a pretty good avatar, but for some reason I liked your previous avatar. It just might be that, in all honesty, I'm not too crazy about this avatar's style...

Clarity: 8.0 | 10.0
Originality: 9.0 | 10.0
Color: 9.0 | 10.0
Stature: 8.0 | 10.0

Objective: 8.50 | 10.00
Opinion: 7.50 | 10.00

Overall: 8.25 | 10.00
Asirt 11-29-2004 05:39 PM
The Fallen Phoenix,
Quality of image is pretty good. There are many colors in this avatar. It may look a little blurry, but it seems to work well with this image. Overall, I don't notice any grain or artifacts at all, so I give it a 8.5/10

Pygmalion,
Quality of image is good. I like the colors used and the clarity is pretty good. There's no border, but that's just based on personal preference. Overall, it's pretty nice. I give it a 8.5/10

com_bun_bun,
Quality of image is very good, considering that it's a photo avatar. The border is very different from what I've seen around here. I don't notice any grainy parts or artifacts in my eyes, so it's pretty nice. Overall, I give it a 9/10

Dork,
Quality of image is pretty good. Clarity is nice, but the color contrast can be better. I like the font, and it fits well with the image. Overall, very nice. I give it a 8.5/10

Here is a new experimental avatar I've been working on. Please tell me what you think of this:

Later,
Trisa
Wingnut 11-29-2004 06:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Trisa
Here is a new experimental avatar I've been working on. Please tell me what you think of this:

Later,
Trisa

I have no clue what or who it is however the way the subject is lit reminds me of the paint works that Almasy did of the Big O cast that now reside in the fan art section of the site.
That's a good thing. I wouldn't want to run across this guy in a dark alleyway though. He looks like he is about to bust out some magic and royally own your butt if you try to run away.
Dude Love 11-29-2004 08:15 PM
Wingnut:

It's decent, but the image doesn't lend itself to an avatar (due to the size). It's much too small, and much too dark. Therefore, it's hard to see what's really going on in it. It's just far too dark.

Otherwise, it's clear. But, still.

7.8/10
The Baker St. Irregular 11-29-2004 08:19 PM
Trisa: Yah! It's Dio... but creepier-than-his-normal-self-Dio! That guy is such a wierd-o. Anywho, the picture is excellent quality. However, I think you should use a more interesting shot of him (there are plenty). If you do that, you'll have yourself an even better avatar! 9.5/10.

The Fallen Phoenix: Ahh... Back to that one, eh? It brings back memories of when I first joined PCF! I always really liked it. It has brilliant colors, and the pixel art-ness of it was rather enjoyable. 10/10 for old time's sake.

Pygmalion: Definitely your defining avatar! I can't imagine you without it. I am curious, though... Do you plan to replace it with a better quality picture when the DVD comes out next February? Anywho, it's become a comforting sight to see. 10/10.
Dude Love 11-29-2004 08:35 PM
Mistress-Samwise:

It's clear, albeit a bit dull. The border is used effectively. It's clear and convincing.

My only complaint would be that it is a bit dull for my tastes. The colors don't jump out enough. Certainly, you don't want an avatar where the colors overpower you, but yours could certainly use some more saturation or contrast. Things just aren't as defined as would be desirable.

Rating: 8.5/10
Manji 11-30-2004 12:55 AM
(Avatars are fun Big Grin )

Wienberg: Nice clean crisp image, I'm suprised how much detail was crammed into such a small size and still be recognizable. Very nice style, it has a very early 1920's look to it, very Paradigmish. I can't say I know what its from, but the avatar itself is a very nice job. No complaints from me, it looks like a well deserved 5/5 - Good work Big Grin

Mistress-Samwise: A clear image, no grain or miscolored areas. It is a little boring though, dull color scheme, with nothing imaginative about the frame. I guess it could be considered mysterious though? I suppose it would deserve a 4/5, but it is still pretty boring.
Asirt 11-30-2004 08:57 AM
Manji,
Quality of image is very nice. The transparency of the avatar is well done; I can't see any errors on it. Clarity is pretty good, and the color contrast is nice as well. Overall, I can't see any problems with it, so I give it a 9/10

Wienberg,
Quality of image is very nice also. The clarity is nice, and it looks like one of those "old times" type of avatar. It's different from others I've seen, but it's very nice, nonetheless. I give it a 9/10

Mistress-Samwise,
Quality of image is very good. I can't tell from the image if it's a fansub or not, which is a good thing. The only thing that I notice is that the color contrast can be better. Other than that, it's very well done. I give it a 9/10

Wingnut,
Quality of image is good. The size of an avatar isn't very big, and the clarity could use some work. It's still a nice image overall, though. I give it a 8/10

As you may have figured out, I'm making some Last Exile avatars, seeing as there aren't enough of them on the net:

Later,
Trisa
Dude Love 11-30-2004 07:19 PM
Now, usually I'm opposed (morally opposed, in fact) to rating multiple avatars. However, since I haven't rated your avatar at all (or at least not lately) and you've rated mine multiple times now, I'll certainly make the exception.

Attached Avatar:

I like this one a lot more than your current avatar. Not only is it a good, clear image, but it is also has a good aura about it. Certainly deserving of a 9.1/10

Your Current Avatar:

You know, I can't specifically name any flaws, but it seems flawed. I'd love to be able to go into detail about it, but I just can't find the words to describe it. I think it has to do with the fact that the avatar is incredibly zoomed in. You just don't give it any extra space, with is usually OK, but for this avatar it just doesn't work. 8.2/10

Just as a note, Trisa, I've noticed that your theme has been having a straightforward capture of your avatar subjects, rather than a character in action, or looking away. Also, the avatars are getting further zoomed in around the character's face. It's becoming the equivalent of a close-talker on the forumsSweatdrop . Perhaps you should give a little extra space in your avatar for a background. Your avatars have become gradually more and more in-your-face. (That's not to say that they're bad, but rather that perhaps you should "take a step back" in the view of the character.)
Almasy 11-30-2004 08:48 PM
Wienberg:

I like your avatar! It's very simple, but classic, and seems to fit well with your signature image (similar colors). The colors are nice, and I think it's interesting how your avatar appears to be more virtical than horizontal, which adds to the atmosphere of the tall bridge in the background! ^__^

9/10

As for me, I have a new avatar to kick off the Holiday Season/Spirit! ^__^

EDIT: Thanks for the tip, Wienberg! I didn't notice how blury it was until you pointed that out. I made it much sharper now! (Note: The background is purposefully blurry)
Dude Love 11-30-2004 08:53 PM
Almasy:

It's good to see some Christmas Spirit. I do love Christmas time very much. So, certainly, this is worthy of noting while I rate Smile

You know, I really want to rate this very high. This is easily one of my favorite "you avatars" (as I've just arbitrarily named them). I guess it's because I always enjoy wearing my Santa hat (my inner child will never die! Tongue ). However, the image is very blurry. Usually, your photos are very sharp, but this is a departure from that norm.

8.1/10
Avenir 12-02-2004 02:23 AM
Wienberg - I really like your avatar. It reminds me of New York everytime I see it. Although somewhat blurry, it actually makes the image look good. 9 out of 10.

Almasy - You always have the clearest and greatest self-photo avatars. The current is hilariously admirable with the Santa hat. 10 out of 10.

Trisa - I like your current avatar, but I'm not sure on what to make of it. It is an interesting image, though. This one gets a 9 out of 10. I love your Last EXILE avatars but, as some have previously mentioned, the characters could have more cheerful expressions on their faces. Both the Tatiana and Dio avatars get 8 out of 10 from me.
Tickle Tickle 12-02-2004 05:52 AM
Good picture of a Gundam, and pretty clear. 8/10
Asirt 12-02-2004 09:03 AM
Super Umino,
Quality of image is nice. I like the placement of the image. There's no border, but that's based on personal preference, though. I like the clarity and the color contrast. Overall, it's very nice. I give it a 9/10

Avenir,
Quality of image is good. The clarity is good, and there is no grain or artifacts to be seen. Again, there's no border on this image, but that's based on personal preference. Overall, it's pretty cool. I give it a 9/10

Almasy,
Quality of image is very good. The clarity is nice, and it's sharp as well. The color contrast is good, and I don't notice any grain or artifacts at all. Overall, it's a pretty nice avatar that gets into the Christmas spirit. I give it a 9/10

For those wondering about my new avatar, it's the symbol that appears at the second opening of Fullmetal Alchemist. Smile

As for the LE avatars, I'm still making more, so hopefully I'll try to get some good ones in the future. Wink

Later,
Trisa
Wingnut 12-02-2004 02:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
Wingnut:

It's decent, but the image doesn't lend itself to an avatar (due to the size). It's much too small, and much too dark. Therefore, it's hard to see what's really going on in it. It's just far too dark.

Otherwise, it's clear. But, still.

7.8/10

Well it is in space and the glowing panels are bright by compareson, and it is a screencap so I had no choice on size.

FMA! The large Alchmey circle or what ever you call that thing topped by Ed and Al's personal symbol. (I have no idea what that means either)
8/10. Slightly blurry, although I suspect that was how the original image was to begin with.

Umino: Yeow!!! That is one lucky Teddy. Now if only we could effectively remove the kanji it would be perfect. Correction, if we could remove the kanji and place ourselves in place of the Teddy, then it would be perfect.
9/10.
Buck Buck #1 12-02-2004 05:18 PM
Wingnut: I don't really have any problems with the clarity, and it's a gundam. I'm gonna give it a 10/10
Mike 12-02-2004 06:11 PM
Bunny!
It's a little bit grainy though. 8/10.
Tickle Tickle 12-02-2004 08:53 PM
Cool picture of Samus, nice and clear! 10/10