Ladies and Gentlemen, I bring you.. The new Picture thread.

Kittie heavenly6 11-24-2004 09:57 PM
Even though myself And Token Girl are pretty much gone from the forums, atleast for now I wanted to do one last thing before I stopped posting all together. And this is it, my gift to you, the Picture thread.

This will have new rules enforced, deciced upon by myself and Krang many months ago, when we planned on starting a new one Before the Invisible Hand and other attacks on the forums.

1) No more than 3 pictures of a person in one post.

2) You must wait for 8 unique posters to post their pic before posting any more of yourself.

3) If you are getting back from a trip and have lots of pics to post, feel free to start a thread just for that.

Well, that's all for now. I hope you all have fun with the return of this thread. Ja ne Wink
evanASF27 11-24-2004 11:00 PM
GK you're leaving!??!?!?!!!! O_O NOOOOOOO!!!!! Crying
I barely knew ye....yah I didn't really know you too well O_o;; ...anyways...

w00t new picture thread! Cool ...maybe you should have a rule saying "no picture clubs like 'Team Handsom'" Sweatdrop cos that and other things really screwed the other picture thread...
YoruameBaroness 11-24-2004 11:49 PM
I think I know why GK and Token Girl are leaving. GK and Token Girl really like each other, and I think it's sweet. (Ugh, there's my romantic side talking again.)

I've been dying to post recent pictures of myself, so here are two that I think are pretty nice.

I've had my braces off for about two months now. I love my smile.

I think a side shot of myself is more flattering because then my nose doesn't look quite so large.

I took those pictures about two Sundays ago before I went to church.
Mugiwara Luffy 11-25-2004 01:02 AM
Oh! Oh! I have a picture! I've been waiting for the return of The Picture Thread so I could post it! I now present, me...in a toga:

Bwahahaaha!
Lady Tesser 11-25-2004 08:15 AM
Yay! Now I can post progress of my weight loss! (I hope only once a month will be okay and within the rules.) I'll post a recent pic (something from today), after the next five members have posted.

Lt. Smith, the toga rocks - few people are able to wear a traditionally-wrapped toga. Mon Baroness, you're beautiful, especially your smile. (And I like how you were able to get your hair into one of those early 1940's styles, it works wonderfully with your face!)

This is me in Boston at the beginning of October when I was 251 lbs. As you can see, I have the figure already there but I just need to sculpt it out properly. (Yes, I am wearing a Dorothy headband and a Slytherin scarf. And I'm squinting because I'm visually sensitive to light - and trying to listen to a friend with a thick-as-mud Bostonian accent.)
A Clockwork Tomato 11-25-2004 09:41 AM
Woo-hoo! The picture thread is back! I missed it. Thanks, GK!

Hey, nice photos, folks!

Baroness mentioned noses ... the basic rule of thumb for portraiture is that the photographer needs to back off six feet. If he doesn't, everyone complains about the way their noses look. If he backs off six feet, only half do!

I used to have the obnoxious habit of snapping pictures of everyone while being camera-shy myself. I'm curing myself of camera shyness, and have also decided to get more serious about the pictures I take of others. The photos I took at the PCF cookout would have been ten times better if I had simply taken the time to pose people; get 'em to move so the backgrounds were better and wait for them to relax.
Almasy 11-25-2004 12:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by YoruameBaroness
I've been dying to post recent pictures of myself, so here are two that I think are pretty nice.

I've had my braces off for about two months now. I love my smile.

That's a really nice picture, Baroness! Your smile does look really good without the braces! ^_^
Dork 11-25-2004 05:27 PM
Lovely smile, Baroness!

I wish I could smile, but I was self-conscious about my teeth when I was younger and I trained myself to smile with my mouth close. So now I don't have a very nice smile.

----------
A couple week ago I was up in Kentucky and I had a chance to go to Mamoth Caves National Park and I saw the cutest squirrels.

Let me tell you something; fat squirrels own. I can't get over how cute they were.

I took so many pictures of these guys. I wish I'd known at the time that my camera would do movies so I could have shown you all the squirrels in action.

muchlove
-dork
A Clockwork Tomato 11-25-2004 09:14 PM
Pygmalion, still cheerful after slaving for hours over a hot stove:

Big Pluto, wild with excitement:

And the star of the show, a free-range turkey we raised ourselves:

dominusofdeath 11-25-2004 09:29 PM
This is DarkTacy. My girlfriend.
    Almasy 11-25-2004 10:23 PM
    This is the most recent picture I have of me, taken on Friday, November 19th.

It was a really nice day, and I was sitting outside just before I was about to leave to go take one of my Trimester exams at school (maybe that's why I look really serious):
    Dingo 11-26-2004 01:07 PM
    Now here we see the ugliest creature alive.... ME! Not to mention its craptacular quality due to a craptacular digital camera. Well its more of a web cam from the year 2000.
    Wazpy 11-26-2004 07:26 PM
    This was my Halloween costume, but I didn't get the picture until just now... so here it is! Pretty bootleg. I made most of it from construction paper and scotch tape. I also had to wear a sweater under my shirt to make me look slightly buff Embarrassed Sweatdrop And yes... the sheild is a garbage can lid...
    YoruameBaroness 11-26-2004 11:26 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Almasy
    This is the most recent picture I have of me, taken on Friday, November 19th.

It was a really nice day, and I was sitting outside just before I was about to leave to go take one of my Trimester exams at school (maybe that's why I look really serious):

Love the facial hair, Almasy. Really makes you look handsome.
    evanASF27 11-27-2004 12:11 AM
    the most recent pic I have of me....

"PS don't you ever take off that trenchcoat?" LupinIII 'Present for the President'
    Benjamin 11-27-2004 01:42 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by A Clockwork Tomato
    Pygmalion, still cheerful after slaving for hours over a hot stove:

Big Pluto, wild with excitement:

SHAME ON YOU ACT!
    Don't Eat Meat, Its Mean To The Animals *Barfs and removes Picture*
    Ever hear the expression Frown You are what you eat?
    Anyway Pygmalion Looks Happy, I am always grumpy after I go into the Kitchen, and BP Looks like he could use a cup of coffee with 30 Sugars Smile
    Hope you all like my Family!!!
    *Sorry I am not in this Pic I searched my whole comp, and the best I got was a picture from behind.* But Heres 1/4 My Family Smile
    HERES ONE OF MY RABBIT Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
    Shaoblane 11-27-2004 09:44 PM
    Here are two of the Lizard on Thanksgiving '04. Yes, that lady is el stepmother.

dominusofdeath 11-27-2004 09:47 PM
    YAY! It's Liz!
    ~gets hit by girlfriend~
    What'd I do?
    lol
    Those are nice pictures Liz. Great to see you again!
    Shaoblane 11-27-2004 09:52 PM
    Thanks Tim, love you too! And Jake, BE NICE!

BTW, anyone know how to get rid OF THE DEMONIC REDEYE OF CRAPPY PICTURENESS!?
    Dingo 11-27-2004 09:56 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Shaoblane
    BTW, anyone know how to get rid OF THE DEMONIC REDEYE OF CRAPPY PICTURENESS!?

An exorcisit, or a good photo editor.