Ladies and Gentlemen, I bring you.. The new Picture thread.

A Clockwork Tomato 12-02-2004 11:20 PM
For those of you who are getting tired of taking self-portraits by holding cameras at arm's length, I noticed that teeny-tiny tabletop tripods are going for under ten bucks in local stores. I just bought one, and it's so small that it goes into a pouch in my camera case that was intended to hold just a few rolls of film.

Figure out how to use your camera's self-timer feature, stick the camera on the tripod, and you get a lot more freedom in how the shot comes out.

With a tripod, you can use longer exposures and avoid using the horrible, red-eye inducing on-camera flash,too.

This is an Ambico tripod I bought for $7.99 the other day at BiMart.
Zopwx2 12-02-2004 11:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by A Clockwork Tomato
For those of you who are getting tired of taking self-portraits by holding cameras at arm's length, I noticed that teeny-tiny tabletop tripods are going for under ten bucks in local stores. I just bought one, and it's so small that it goes into a pouch in my camera case that was intended to hold just a few rolls of film.

For someone who gives out alot of photographic advice and encouragment it'd be fun to see a few new pics of you.
A Clockwork Tomato 12-03-2004 10:12 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Seebach: [Zopwx2]
For someone who gives out alot of photographic advice and encouragment it'd be fun to see a few new pics of you.

Ace of Spades 12-03-2004 12:55 PM
ACT... you have frightened the little children of the village.
Madrona 12-03-2004 01:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Spades

I was going to say " It was a dark and stormy night...."

You've got a real knack for the creepy there ACT.
Tifaria 12-03-2004 01:56 PM
Every once in a while the school paper remembers that the art department still exists, and sends a photographer to take pictures of students doing various things to put in it. So, whoever read the paper Thursday was unfortunate enough to look upon my goofy visage. Tongue I'm fussing with my screen for my screenprinting class here, trying to coat it in emulsion liquid so that I can wash out an opening to print with.
Tony Waynewrong 12-03-2004 02:00 PM
Nice photo, Tex! It's about time you posted a pic here. Tongue

Kudos!
evanASF27 12-03-2004 02:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Madrona
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Spades

I was going to say " It was a dark and stormy night...."

You've got a real knack for the creepy there ACT.

It was a dark and stormy evening....it was a dark and stormy NIGHT. 'Night'? Right!
When suddenly a shot was...heard? no...when suddenly a shot rang out! *gun shot* 'Rang out'? Inspired!

...lyrics from "Snoopy the Musical" Wink ...though I must say ACT, that was sneaky of you to take the photos like that Pleased It gives a cool 'scarey' effect o.o
Fujiko 12-03-2004 03:12 PM
quote:
quote:

You're making me shake in my tube socks! Shocked

(ok ok, i'm going!)
BabyGhia 12-03-2004 04:41 PM
Jeez, ACT! Make everyone think that you are one scary dude. We all know that isn't true!!! Very "artful" pictures there.

One of these days I'll post a pic of me again. Not really in the mood right now. Maybe the next time Madrona visits, I'll have someone take a picture of the two of us and post it. That gives me some time... more excuses. Wink

BabyGhia

PS. Not like people can't find a picture or two of me on here anyway... *cough*OregonThread*cough*
Xel 12-03-2004 04:42 PM
ph33r the... artism.
    Zopwx2 12-03-2004 05:52 PM
    quote:
    quote:

OMG! Giant hourglass!

by the way, Excellent beard sir. I am a proponent of facial hair.
    Shaoblane 12-03-2004 07:44 PM
    Dear GOD I despise looking at these, but their the most recent I have..

Well, with the five post rule, I can either wait and post pics of me in my santa dress at the dance tourney and winter formal tomorrow, or post these P.O.S's now.

What do I do...hmmm...

[EDIT]

Thanks Uncle Tomato!

Here's me on Thanksgiving...and yeah, I know I have redeye...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/S...hanksgiving.jpg
    Wow...look how I'm faking enthusiasm...

I'll edit in a pic from the tourney and winter formal tomorrow.

[EDIT]
    Uh-ho...already psoted this one....uhh... *looks in stash*

Uhhh...I HAVE AN IDEA! Edit in one sec!!!
    Almasy 12-03-2004 10:48 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Xel
    ph33r the... artism.

That's a cool picture, Xel! I like it! ^__^
    R.Smith 12-03-2004 11:01 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Xel
    ph33r the... artism.

Very nice color contrast Xel. Though you should show more of your beautiful face Smile .
    Tony Waynewrong 12-03-2004 11:52 PM
    quote:
    Originally posted by Shaoblane
    Dear GOD I despise looking at these, but their the most recent I have..

Well, with the five post rule, I can either wait and post pics of me in my santa dress at the dance tourney and winter formal tomorrow, or post these P.O.S's now.

What do I do...hmmm...

[EDIT]

Thanks Uncle Tomato!

Here's me on Thanksgiving...and yeah, I know I have redeye...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/S...hanksgiving.jpg
    Wow...look how I'm faking enthusiasm...

I'll edit in a pic from the tourney and winter formal tomorrow.

[EDIT]
    Uh-ho...already psoted this one....uhh... *looks in stash*

Uhhh...I HAVE AN IDEA! Edit in one sec!!!

Cool pict, Lizard Queen!

Kudos! Big Grin
    The Baker St. Irregular 12-04-2004 12:12 AM
    Firsts offs, I'd just like to say that this thread so totally blows my mind. It really messes with my head, now that I actually know what people around here look like! Whoa...

Anyway, I don't have a really recent picture of me on hand right now. But this one that was taken last February is still an accurate depiction of me and all my teenage pimpliness.

I am Amy Behrendt, age 16, and a big Chicago Cubs fan. *switch to Homestar Runner impression* Heuh I am, weahwing my Homestawr Wunnuh hoodie in fwicking Cawifownia! That pwace was actuawwy a wot colder than I thought it was going to be.
      evanASF27 12-04-2004 12:15 AM
      Mistress-Samwise: sweet o.o .......... Cool Thumbs Up
      The Baker St. Irregular 12-04-2004 12:17 AM
      quote:
      Originally posted by evanASF27

Anime Smile Thank you, comrade! I just adore you when you cosplay as Zenigata! It's so cute. Awwww!
      evanASF27 12-04-2004 12:26 AM
      quote:
      Originally posted by Mistress-Samwise
      quote:
      Originally posted by evanASF27

Anime Smile Thank you, comrade! I just adore you when you cosplay as Zenigata! It's so cute. Awwww!

Red Face <-this is the blushing emote!?!???! x_x

aww thanks! ^^;;