Big O Season II Box Set

Bartholomew Fair 12-09-2005 03:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by D-Boy
I think theres only one or two episode on the DVD opening. I'm not sure if this is the case with the box set, which may differ, but this is true of the seperate DVD's. Most of them come with that knockoff flash-like opening with that Big O! Big Oh oh oh oh ooooh! song.

Ugh, I think I caught them last night. The second season visuals but with the first season's theme? What possessed Bandai to mix them up like this?

Confused
R.Smith 12-09-2005 03:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Bartholomew Fair
quote:
Originally posted by D-Boy
I think theres only one or two episode on the DVD opening. I'm not sure if this is the case with the box set, which may differ, but this is true of the seperate DVD's. Most of them come with that knockoff flash-like opening with that Big O! Big Oh oh oh oh ooooh! song.

Ugh, I think I caught them last night. The second season visuals but with the first season's theme? What possessed Bandai to mix them up like this?

Confused

If I remember correctly, it has to do with the Season 2 intro theme "Respect" being too similar to an actual piece of music. You can only hear it being played in the Nightengale during Act 14. The Japanese broadcast had the S2 opening, and I think it was used once in the US, but legal issues here caused it to be replaced.
Tickle Tickle 12-09-2005 05:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
If I remember correctly, it has to do with the Season 2 intro theme "Respect" being too similar to an actual piece of music. You can only hear it being played in the Nightengale during Act 14. The Japanese broadcast had the S2 opening, and I think it was used once in the US, but legal issues here caused it to be replaced.

It's played quite a few times in Big O II. Infact, Bandai even uses the song for the offical Big O II site. Yeah, legal issues my butt. If it was that big of a deal they would've gotten rid of the song completely.

Ah, Big O II's region 1 release.. how there is so much wrong with you.

*needs to buy the Japanese version*