Kingdom Hearts Discussion (1, CoM, 2, and *possible 3*)

R.Smith 11-21-2004 07:58 PM
Don't know if we have any fans of this game series but I really like it so...thread.

I really enjoyed the first game and my favorite character is Riku.

As for Chain of Memories, well I've seen previews and I can't wait to get it!

Sora

Riku

Kairi

From Kingdom Hearts Ultimania. ('cause I can't write up good summaries)

*marked for spoilers (basically the whole thing for those who haven't played through the game)*

Kingdom Hearts (1)
quote:
Overview

Below is a summary which covers the Original Game, so for those who have forgot a few things that happened in the original adventure, you can easily remind yourself here:

spoiler (highlight to read):
You have a dream. You pick 1 of 3 weapons then battle little and gigantic heartless...
It all begins on Destiny Island where you are just a young kid thats trying to have some fun. Your name is Sora. You meet up with a boy named Riku and a girl named Kairi. They've been your friends for a long time. All 3 of you decide to explore other worlds so you decide to build a raft and start obtaining supplys for it, shortly after you race Riku to find out the name of the raft. When lying in bed the sky gets dark and black things start to appear out of the ground. After your friend Riku gets swallowed by darkness a Weapon appears in front of you. You use this to defeat the black creatures called "Heartless". You rush to a secret place where you earlier encounted a hooded figure (Ansem). At the secret place, you see Kairi who then passes through you (and basically Sora obtains her heart) after taking down Darkside the huge heartless you end up in Traverse town where you meet up with Donald and Goofy who are looking for the Keyblade Weilder and there King, Mickey Mouse. You must now travel to all the different world and seal the keyholes with Goofy and Donald. Also you personallly want to You must find Kairi and Riku. As the game progresses you see Riku is gradually leaning towards the Darkside as Malficient influences him. After sealing all the keyholes and meeting characters (the worlds are Traverse Town, Deep Jungle, Wonderland, Coliseum, Halloween Town, Neverland, Atlantica, Agrabah, Monstro and Hollow Bastion) you fight Riku who you have learned is being posessed by Ansem and that he is the true Keyblade Weilder, Sora was only the carrier while Riku was away. Also Kairi lost her heart and Riku has been looking for a way to revive her. After beating him and being revived because you gave Kairi's heart back (but of course, you obtain yours) you travel to the end of the world to beat Ansem for good. When you beat him Riku is trapped inside the door (As his heart was engulfed by the Darkness) with Mickey who looked for the key in Kingdom Hearts and Kairi returns to Destiny Islands, making her seperated from Sora. Soon after you are in a long field and Pluto runs up to you with a note in his mouth from King Mickey, meaning your journey is only just beginning! You then chase him and the game ends. If you collected everything needed to unlock the secret movies, Another Side, Another Story and Deep Dive (If you own Final Mix) will now play.

Kingdom Hearts (CoM aka Chain of Memories)
quote:
Story

KINGDOM HEARTS CHAIN OF MEMORIES for the Game Boy Advance bridges the gap between KINGDOM HEARTS and KINGDOM HEARTS II, continuing Sora’s tale where the original left off. One night, after traversing endless grassy fields, Sora comes to a crossroads. His mind swims as he recalls his lost friends. They were supposed to return home at journey’s end…but this was not to be. A man emerges from the shadows and speaks to Sora: “Ahead lies what you seek…but to claim it you must lose something dear.” When the man (a member of the Organisation) vanishes, only a single path remains. At the end of that path lies a castle (Castle Oblivion), and inside that castle stretches a vast nothingness. Sora’s memories lay fragmented before him, swirling and spiraling upwards to a great adventure. What will Sora gain, and what will he lose?

By implementing elements never before seen on the Game Boy Advance, KINGDOM HEARTS CHAIN OF MEMORIES promises to deliver an unsurpassed gaming experience to players. New features include high-quality movie event sequences and a card-based battle system. As the latest collaboration between DISNEY and SQUARE ENIX, KINGDOM HEARTS CHAIN OF MEMORIES for the Game Boy Advance will continue to expand the series’ fan base and appeal to gamers of all types.

Information

Basically the game is set in Castle Oblivion. Castle Obvilion consists of 13 floors and you must play throughout each one of these floors. Everyone's experience in Chain Of Memories will be different as you are allowed to complete World's in any order that you choose, the layout of Rooms within each world change depending on your choices and much much more.

Although the battle system is Card Based, you can still run around the battle field and use certain techniques like Kingdom Hearts. In the most simple terms just imagine the Kingdom Hearts battle system but more restricted on what you can do in battle. If you wish for more in-depth information on each aspect of the game, please refer to our Walkthrough (IV. Game Information) which can be found by clicking here.

Kingdom Hearts (2)
quote:
Story

Well of course, we don't know the whole storyline but what we can show you is the press release from Square-Enix USA

KINGDOM HEARTS® II
It has been a year since the events of KINGDOM HEARTS. Sora and friends are joined by a vibrant new cast of characters, including the king himself. Together, they will face countless dangers in worlds both familiar and brand-new. It seems the Heartless still exist. A new villain also awaits – but is it an old foe behind the mask, or a new menace? This mystery and others will be solved as the story unfolds in a grand adventure. KINGDOM HEARTS has sold over 4 million units worldwide and continues to gain popularity with fans of both DISNEY and SQUARE ENIX across the planet.

KINGDOM HEARTS captured the imagination of gamers young and old by combining classic DISNEY properties and implementing new characters and worlds with SQUARE ENIX’s renowned style. The tale is brought to life by an all-star voice cast. Fans will revisit this beloved story and come to care for a new troupe of characters in KINGDOM HEARTS II.

The release date for KINGDOM HEARTS II will be announced at a later date. This title has yet to be rated by the ESRB.
X Prime 11-21-2004 08:06 PM
I like KH...

My only beef with it is the exclusive Final Mix stuff. That's just a damn gyp to everyone else not in Japan. I hate when Square pulls crap like that.
Buck Buck #1 11-21-2004 08:08 PM
I really liked the first Kingdom Hearts. I never actually beat the whole game (like the sephiroth battle), but I played through the whole story. It is one of my favorite games, because of the great characters and the fun gameplay. I'm really looking forward to the two sequels, especially 2.
Sephiroth 11-21-2004 08:10 PM
I really enjoyed the first Kingdom Hearts. Its one of my all time favorite games. I was suprised with how good it was, and how muched I liked it especially since it involved Disney. I especially enjoyed the Halloweentown level. I'm really looking forward to Kingdom Hearts 2, but I don't want, nor could I get Chain of Memories because I don't like card battle games, and I don't have a Game Boy Advance.
R.Smith 11-21-2004 08:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
I like KH...

My only beef with it is the exclusive Final Mix stuff. That's just a damn gyp to everyone else not in Japan. I hate when Square pulls sh** like that.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've seen all the neat stuff in final mix and it sucks how they don't release it anywhere else. But it's always like this isn't it? They make the Japanese version, then while translating they add more stuff in, and then the Japanese people want the added stuff and so to make up for not giving them what they put in for the releases outside Japan, they add even more cool stuff.

Simple solution to all game makers’ problems. Stop making the deadline for the original game so soon, that way you can put everything in the game for all the versions! sheesh... Roll Eyes
X Prime 11-21-2004 08:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
quote:
I like KH...

My only beef with it is the exclusive Final Mix stuff. That's just a damn gyp to everyone else not in Japan. I hate when Square pulls sh** like that.

Simple solution to all game makers’ problems. Stop making the deadline for the original game so soon, that way you can put everything in the game for all the versions! sheesh... Roll Eyes

DING DING DING!

A WINNER IS R. SMITH!

But yeah. *Censored myself and removed s word in my post, heh*
AndroidZeroX 11-22-2004 12:00 AM
Yeah i lived KH, especially the good storyline that came along with the disney element. I always suspected the sequal after i beat it, and watch the EXTREMELY long credits, and saw that ending when sora, donal, and goofy are back at mickeys palace adn their on a path. I was never totally sure what it meant, so i assumed it was just a cliffhanger ending that was left to give them an option of a sequal.
Gummibear 11-22-2004 07:40 AM
I love KH! ^__^ I bought it for the Final Fantasy cameos but I ended up really enjoying the story. I can't wait for KH 2......I would like to see some characters like Yuna and Tifa. ( why not? I heard Lulu was going to make a cameo.)
IanC 11-22-2004 10:06 AM
KH is a great game.
Has anyone beaten
Sephiroth
? hes just too hard to beat Crying
AndroidZeroX 11-22-2004 10:11 AM
quote:
Originally posted by IanC
KH is a great game.
Has anyone beaten
Sephiroth
? hes just too hard to beat Crying

hahah i know what ur sayin man
but my friend says he beat it but i doubt hes telling the truth, cause when i fauht him i had no idea how to beat him, so i never even made him lose ANY health so i dont know how to beat him
Volt 11-22-2004 03:53 PM
Yeah, I've beaten Sephiroth. It can be hard, but a good stock of items and a level above 80 will help greatly (Ultima Weapon is great too, but... there is a thing called overkill Roll Eyes ). After the first time, he's just weak sauce.
X Prime 11-23-2004 12:36 AM
Now that I think about it, I'm praying to the holy entity that KH2 will have a Darkwing Duck world. That would be disgustingly awesome.

Or DuckTales. PLAY AS GIZMO DUCK!

Gizmo Duck > You
Ace of Spades 11-23-2004 10:25 PM
Release date set for 1/11/05, a great way to start the new year.

quote:
Originally posted by Volt
Yeah, I've beaten Sephiroth. It can be hard, but a good stock of items and a level above 80 will help greatly (Ultima Weapon is great too, but... there is a thing called overkill Roll Eyes ). After the first time, he's just weak sauce.

It also helps to have Second Wind learned plus Arc's Arcanum and Ragnarok before taking him on.
X Prime 11-24-2004 04:34 AM
Second Chance pretty much breaks the entire game, no questions asked. If you're any good and bind Cura or Curaga after getting it, you just won't die.

quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Spades

For which? CoM or 2?
Volt 11-24-2004 08:42 AM
quote:
Second Chance pretty much breaks the entire game, no questions asked. If you're any good and bind Cura or Curaga after getting it, you just won't die.

quote:

For which? CoM or 2?

Dear Lord I hope it's for KH2. To hell with FFXII's priorities. Nobody wants to play that caste crap when you can smash fools with Donald Freakin' Duck.
Ace of Spades 11-24-2004 03:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Volt
quote:

quote:

For which? CoM or 2?

Dear Lord I hope it's for KH2. To hell with FFXII's priorities. Nobody wants to play that caste crap when you can smash fools with Donald Freakin' Duck.

Kingdom Hearts II will release in North America on January eleventh of 2005. Chain of Memories will release 12/7/04, Final Fantasy 12 on the other hand Volt. It's set to release the day before New Years.
X Prime 11-24-2004 04:52 PM
KH2 on January Eleventh? AWESOME. I'm off all of January.
R.Smith 11-24-2004 09:01 PM
KH2 on January Eleventh, North America......really?

I haven't heard this, where'd you hear it?

From Kingdom Hearts Ultimania

quote:
Story & Info

General
Kingdom Hearts 2
Platform: Playstation 2
Release Dates:
- Japan // 2005 (after FFXII)
- America // Summer 2005
- Europe // Fall 2005~2005
Bismarck 11-24-2004 09:25 PM
Does anyone know the name of the new type of enemy that appears in KH2? Maybe it's the mindless..... Tongue .
X Prime 11-24-2004 09:54 PM
Right now they're assumed to be Light/Dusk creatures.