Kingdom Hearts Discussion (1, CoM, 2, and *possible 3*)

COHugh 12-16-2004 01:53 AM
Is Chain of Memories any good? I've been reading reviews that claim otherwise of late... It's a shame because my GBA has been collecting dust ever since Metroid Zero came out...
BethMcBeth 12-16-2004 01:55 AM
I was wondering if the rumors I have heard are true, I was told that in one level of the game it is as if you have entered the relmof Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas" I am a huge fan of that and so if I ever am able to get my hands on the game wether or not as to look forward to that level if it is there and or if it is worth playing. ^_~" Thanks ^_^"""
R.Smith 12-16-2004 02:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by COHugh
Is Chain of Memories any good? I've been reading reviews that claim otherwise of late... It's a shame because my GBA has been collecting dust ever since Metroid Zero came out...

Yes, CoM is good. While the card battling system takes a few tries to get used to, it is easy to use and combo once you get the hang of it. The storyline is interesting, and the graphics are nice and colorful.

quote:
Originally posted by BethMcBeth
I was wondering if the rumors I have heard are true, I was told that in one level of the game it is as if you have entered the relmof Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas" I am a huge fan of that and so if I ever am able to get my hands on the game wether or not as to look forward to that level if it is there and or if it is worth playing. ^_~" Thanks ^_^"""

Yes, the world of the movie "The Nightmare Before Christmas" is in KH1, CoM, and it returns in KH2, but truer to the movie, it now has a christmas theme to it, and Jack is dressed as Santa.

Also the background music for "Halloween Town" in KH1 is very fitting.

In fact, here's a screenshot or two from KH2.

I have to say that I personally had a blast playing through Halloween Town, and I can't wait to play that world again in KH2, because I've heard it will be better then the last.

Since I'm speaking of the world in KH1, I might as well add that I really enjoyed playing through the 100 Acer Woods world, with Winnie the Pooh. I've always liked the stories ever since I was a child, and being able to have he feeling of being in that world was something very nice. Smile
BethMcBeth 12-16-2004 02:07 AM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
quote:
Originally posted by COHugh

Yes, CoM is good. While the card battling system takes a few tries to get used to, it is easy to use and combo once you get the hang of it. The storyline is interesting, and the graphics are nice and colorful.

quote:
Originally posted by BethMcBeth

Yes, the world of the movie "The Nightmare Before Christmas" is in KH1, CoM, and it returns in KH2, but truer to the movie, it now has a christmas theme to it, and Jack is dressed as Santa.

Also the bgm for "Halloween Town" is very fitting.

In fact, here's a screenshot or two from KH2.

OMG!! OMG!! OMG!!! *dies* AWwwww THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!! *HUGE HUGS* YOUR SO KIND!!!! YAAAYYAYYAAYY!! I WANT TO PLAY IT NOW TOO!! YAYA!! ^_~" Yes I am a huge "semi" quiet fan of Nightmare Before Christmas, it just rules soo much!! THANK YOU!!!!
COHugh 12-16-2004 02:21 AM
Then you're going to want to play the Nightmare Before Christmas video game that's coming soon... Big Grin It looked alright from the few screenshots I saw.
X Prime 12-16-2004 03:29 AM
The only bad thing about Jack is that he fights just like a Donald clone in both KH and CoM. Hopefully they fix that in KH2.
R.Smith 12-16-2004 09:12 AM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
The only bad thing about Jack is that he fights just like a Donald clone in both KH and CoM. Hopefully they fix that in KH2.

True, casting spells just doesn't seem very "Jack-like", I too hope they fix it in Kh2.
Tabris-kun 12-17-2004 01:14 PM
Is Sephiroth going to be in CoM
X Prime 12-17-2004 01:25 PM
No. Thankfully. Quite the overrated pansy.
Volt 12-17-2004 08:03 PM
The above applies for all FF7 characters. Except Cid. Cid is automatically awesome because he's middle-aged, uses a spear, and smokes. Try to tell me that isn't the quadratic equation of badass-ism.
X Prime 12-17-2004 08:16 PM
Smoking isn't badass, its unbelievably retarded.

Now, badass... Dante perhaps.
Darkside 12-17-2004 08:16 PM
KH is one of my favorite games (of course it remains behind my all-time favorites, the MGS series). I really enjoyed it, especially the whole tournament in olympia. The Halloween Town level was fun, but they kind of degraded it by making it short and screwing poor Oogie with his control of the heartless ( ha of all people should have been a like a god to the heartless, he was the only one who didn't even HAVE a heart period.)

I really liked having Cloud and Sephiroth in it, though that could have been done a whole lot better. Also, in the Gold Match on Olympia, you should have had to fight a Weapon instead of the Ice Titan. But thats just my opinion.
X Prime 12-17-2004 08:20 PM
...Except that if you actually bother with Hercules mythos, the Ice and Earth Titans fit it perfectly.
R and D 12-17-2004 09:02 PM
I JUST FOUND OUT TODAY THAT KINGDOM HEARTS 2 WON'T BE RELESED UNTIL SEPT. 2005 FOR THE PS2! IS THIS TRUE?! Shocked
Darkside 12-17-2004 09:05 PM
i suppose your right, I was just expecting more out of him. Killed the poor bastard in two trys.
Volt 12-17-2004 09:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
Smoking isn't badass, its unbelievably retarded.

Under any other circumstances it would be, but when the smoker smokes while he kicks monster ass with a spear, it's awesome.

Everybody check out the TGS trailer for KH2. The fighting system actually looks good (more than two slash animations Roll Eyes ), and the Drive thing looks f'ing sweet.
Patsai 12-19-2004 01:58 AM
Out of the blue, in that commercial for Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, does Mickey and Riku dressed up as goths suggest anything bad has happened to them? I'm not that far into KH:CoM, but I couldn't help but ask. Confused
X Prime 12-19-2004 08:36 AM
spoiler (highlight to read):
No, they simply assumed the clothing of Organization Members for some reason after defeating Ansem and walking out of Castle Oblivion. They are NOT members of the Organization though, it seems to simply be a form of enlightment. You know, like how the Jedi wear robes. God knows Mickey already fights like a Jedi.
R.Smith 12-20-2004 03:04 PM
Ripped straight from http://www.kh2.co.uk/

quote:

New KH2 Trailer - Information
[18 Dec 2004] [Jump Festa 05]
Well it's true folks, there is a new trailer at Jump Festa and prepare to
go OMFG at what it contains...

- Scenes with Blondie
- NAMINE!! talking to Blondie
- KAIRI!! talking with Selphie
- Sora fusing with Donald!! (Blue Costume)
- Gummi Ship Scenes
- Halloween Town
- More of Beasts Castle
- More of Oylmpus Coliseum

Also
quote:

New KH2 Article on IGN.com
[20 Dec 2004] [Pete]

Hey Guys,

I think from the looks of things were not getting our hands on the new trailer just yet, due to the only source of Jump Festa trailers had to take them down (Only the FFXII and FF7AC trailers anyways).

So the bad news is each day that passes makes it more unlikely we'll be seeing it. Its hard to say this but for now we'll all just have to live with the knowledge of whats within the trailer, its hard to believe someone did not record it. Its just there not doing a damn good job of notifying people of its existance sadly.

Anyway, to lighten the mood IGN.com have added a new Kingdom Hearts 2 article based around what they seen at the Jump Festa, to view it click here.
AndroidZeroX 12-20-2004 04:52 PM
could someone please tell me the storyline behind chain of memories... im not goinna play it for a number fo reasons but i really wanted to know the storyline cause im interested... IM me or PM me ... any way is fine, but it would be gratelly appreciated