Kingdom Hearts Discussion (1, CoM, 2, and *possible 3*)

Zola 11-24-2004 09:55 PM
I really, really enjoyed this one--it wasn't half as cutesy as I feared it would be.

I don't know how many of you guys played Vagrant Story, but it had a lot of the great features of that game coupled with 3 dimensions of movement, and I really, really liked being able to actually fight rather than go with the turn-based type of battle.

I'm looking forward to the next Smile
X Prime 11-24-2004 09:56 PM
...? I've played Vagrant Story repeatedly. I'm afraid I can't see the similarities.
Zola 11-24-2004 09:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
...? I've played Vagrant Story repeatedly. I'm afraid I can't see the similarities.

You're joking, right? It's a similar camera angle, and you are actually fighting the enemies with your weapon. The only thing that bugged me about Vagrant Story, as I was saying, was that the fighting was only in one dimension--you could only climb around in between battles, whereas with Sora, you could climb on top of the big monsters and jump around and avoid things.

The critical shot system was kind of interesting, though.
X Prime 11-24-2004 10:05 PM
A similar camera angle? No, I'm not seeing it... VS's camera angle is a tad higher than Kingdom Hearts, which is just behind and slightly over Sora while VS' is pretty much 3/4ths over the top.

The weapon doesn't really play as much as a role in VS either... There are no monster based weaknesses bar elemental, so the weapon is nowhere near as important. There's keyblade length and critical rate I suppose...

I'll grant that VS and KH are similar genres, but otherwise I'm not seeing much except very, very basic gameplay similarities. I.E., relatively free roaming whack the opponent with sword/big key thingy.
Zola 11-24-2004 10:08 PM
Yeah, it's the battle system I am speaking of specifically, not the plot or anything.

Did you notice what I was saying about the Vagrant Story fights being one-dimensional, though? I was really hoping they would do a sequel that addressed that, and I was sad when they didn't.
X Prime 11-24-2004 10:10 PM
Vagrant Story never sold well on either side of the border. It was a very, very culty game despite its high quality. Probably due to its great initial difficulty and (to many) very frustrating smithing.
Volt 11-25-2004 12:32 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Bismarck
Does anyone know the name of the new type of enemy that appears in KH2? Maybe it's the mindless..... Tongue .

A good part of the KH community has labelled them as "Nobodies". Apparently the teenager who originally named them wanted a connection between himself and the creatures. Tongue

I'm having a tough time believing that KH2 will release in January. If it were to, then I'd think it would be out overseas already...
AndroidZeroX 11-25-2004 12:46 AM
January... i thought it wasnt comin out til september 2005. im pretty sure it was mid september. I hope its january?
K the Wanderer 12-09-2004 03:00 PM
Does anyone have it yet? I have it now and I think it's pretty cool. What are your comments?
AndroidZeroX 12-09-2004 03:38 PM
This really should be posted HERE
K the Wanderer 12-09-2004 04:48 PM
Well hello, I didn't know that thread was there, thank you. My question still stands though.
R and D 12-10-2004 05:00 AM
i want it soo bad! Crying
R.Smith 12-11-2004 04:23 PM
I have it! Pretty good. I want to finish it soon, since then I can understand the story more! Big Grin
AndroidZeroX 12-11-2004 08:12 PM
im yet to find a gba game with a decent stroy. i loved kh for ps2, is this one worth gettin... it didnt get that great reviews on gamespot or EGM
R.Smith 12-11-2004 09:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by AndroidZeroX
im yet to find a gba game with a decent stroy. i loved kh for ps2, is this one worth gettin... it didnt get that great reviews on gamespot or EGM

It has a pretty good story to it, and while most of the game you’re playing through KH1 worlds, as the game progresses you'll learn more about the hooded characters and what they are after.
aeternus_flammus 12-15-2004 06:33 PM
KH is one of my all time favorite games. I can't wait to play CoM when my friend finishes it and KH II next year!!!
MidnightLight 12-15-2004 06:35 PM
I fell in love with Riku....
I just hope KH2 is better and longer, though I still can't beat the 1st.
ERR!
R.Smith 12-16-2004 12:22 AM
quote:
Originally posted by MidnightLight
I fell in love with Riku....
I just hope KH2 is better and longer, though I still can't beat the 1st.
ERR!

KH2 is longer, it's going to be on 2 discs! As for better, I think it will be. Big Grin
Smoke 12-16-2004 12:28 AM
Didn't they just make Kingdom hearts for the gameboy or something?
R.Smith 12-16-2004 01:33 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Smoke
Didn't they just make Kingdom hearts for the gameboy or something?

*Looks at thread and some of its posts talking about CoM...........*

Um......yes? Roll Eyes

It's called Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.