CN Doujinshi

Lynnet 11-21-2004 04:48 PM
http://bleedman.snafu-comics.com/?strip_id=0

Technically it's PowerPuff Doujinshi, but it quickling expanded to include most of Cartoon Network, and Nickelodeon in a surprisingly coherent plotline with really nice artwork.

...It's been around for months, so apologies if you've seen it already. I just found it Friday on DA.
The Baker St. Irregular 11-21-2004 04:51 PM
Oh! I've seen this at deviantART. It's insanely popular there. Every time there's a new page, it gets a gazillion Favorites.

Yes, the artwork is amazing. And all digitally colored, too! That's gotta be really, really hard.
Lynnet 11-21-2004 05:08 PM
Yeah...I think that may have been my problem.

I tend to avoid anything that is that popular on DA, especially when it's anime-style.

This one actually has a pretty good script to go along with the style, though.
Sephiroth 11-21-2004 06:07 PM
Wow that is ummm, AWESOME! That artwork is great and I actually liked the story. The CN and Nickelodeon character appearances are a nice touch, especially ZIM (thats what made me like it in the first place).
Tifaria 11-21-2004 06:10 PM
I've seen this in the DTFs on DeviantART all the time, but I only bothered to look maybe once.. I pretty much avoid the popular stuff too.. most of it's overrated, in my opinion.

Anyway, I'm glad I actually bothered to read it now. It's actually kind of cute, even the story. Somehow all the crossovers manages to be interesting instead of annoying. I might have to start keeping up with this.
Pygmalion 11-21-2004 06:30 PM
It is a great book. I really enjoyed the first fight between the Girls and Dexter.

Thanks for the link, Lynnet!

Pygmalion
Asirt 11-21-2004 06:55 PM
Just read what is available so far, and it's great. I'm not much into Nick shows (with the exception of Zim), but the story line is cool. I also like the drawings; very nice. I hope to see more of this doujinshi soon.
Wingnut 11-21-2004 07:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mistress-Samwise
Oh! I've seen this at deviantART. It's insanely popular there. Every time there's a new page, it gets a gazillion Favorites.

Yes, the artwork is amazing. And all digitally colored, too! That's gotta be really, really hard.
About 200 in the first day alone with the total avarage per new piece at about 600-700 comments and an equal number of favorites.
A very good series and I always check to see if there is a new page every time I am on deviantART.

Definately take a look at this. Despite all the usual misgiveings people may have about this kind of thing in general, this series manages to avoid them all very nicely. Although at the end of chapter 3 something rather tragic is revealed to have happened.

Edit: You can also ignore the "moral" of the 3 part short as anyone reading this here on PCF is already too far gone for it to be of any use to them.
Big Money 11-21-2004 08:13 PM
Hehe... I checked out the Deviant Art page associated with the site... The artist has drawings for...

Megas XLR. Awesome.