Episode 3 Discussion: "Mother"

evanASF27 11-22-2004 11:23 PM
oh okay =_= *grumble* ...oh well, I can't wait for the next episode. The next one looks to be the begining of the actual "main adventure". I hope I have enough tape o.o;;
Mr. Fortnight 11-26-2004 01:03 AM
All I have to say, is that this show has hooked me. I haven't been this interested in AS since they started showing The Big O and Cowboy Bebop.

Man those two kids have been through hell. And it looks like life hasn't cut them a break either.
darktacy 11-26-2004 02:30 PM
i really enjoyed that episode. made me sad to see their mom die, and that poor girl losing BOTH her parents... made me wanna cry. but i overall enjoyed the episode... can't wait for the next one. it looks really good ^^
Madrona 11-26-2004 05:36 PM
I had to wait for last night's replay. (stupid dish fell off the roof during a wind storm) Oh yeah, I'm totally hooked.

Imagine waking up from what ever they experienced to find your soul inside a big metal can. Poor kid.

But look at their outlook on life after they've figured out that they were lucky to still be alive. Instead of moping around, they are getting their bodies ready for the challenges ahead.

Can't wait for tomorrow....

Madrona
Mr. Fortnight 11-26-2004 08:35 PM
Yeah, you gotta admire their guts. You still have to feel sorry for them. After all, they meddled with something they shouldn't have because they were blinded by grief. They didn't understand what they were getting into.

It's rough, but when you step into something you don't know how to control or work, you pay the price.

Just sucks it had to be them.
Wingnut 11-26-2004 10:20 PM
Well, it could be worse than being stuck in a tin can. I too had to wait for the replay and this does explain much about their past. Al is quite agile despite the bulk of the suit.
Zopwx2 11-26-2004 10:31 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut
Well, it could be worse than being stuck in a tin can. I too had to wait for the replay and this does explain much about their past. Al is quite agile despite the bulk of the suit.

bulk of the suit.... he IS the suit! haha Tongue
Mr. Fortnight 11-27-2004 12:54 AM
From what I gather, the suit is based around the same sort of Cybernetics/Alchemy that makes up Ed's Arm/Leg.

Al's metal body is probably like a miniature Mobile Suit, or powered armor.
evanASF27 11-27-2004 01:01 AM
well if you watch the previous episode...Al was hollow...I think it's just a regular suit of armor that can magically move O.O Big Grin
Krang 11-27-2004 01:17 AM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
well if you watch the previous episode...Al was hollow...I think it's just a regular suit of armor that can magically move O.O Big Grin

Yep, Al is actually a hollow suit of armor. As seen in the first few episodes, Al lost his body when they were trying to bring their mother back, so Ed affixed Al's soul to a suit of armor that was lying around in order to save him (that's how he's able to move around).
Mr. Fortnight 11-27-2004 02:29 AM
>_< I forgot about that.

Then perhaps since it's his body, he just knows how to use it well through just plain learning?
Madrona 11-27-2004 11:47 AM
Well, yeah. we see in this episode that they are practicing how to move with their new bodies ( or new body parts).

I was also wondering if we'll see that old woman again? The one who put on Ed's new arm?. If Al and Ed have burnt their own home and left their past behind, is that the last that we will see of her and the girl?

Madrona
Wingnut 11-27-2004 01:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Madrona
Well, yeah. we see in this episode that they are practicing how to move with their new bodies ( or new body parts).

I was also wondering if we'll see that old woman again? The one who put on Ed's new arm?. If Al and Ed have burnt their own home and left their past behind, is that the last that we will see of her and the girl?

Madrona

I doubt it considering we see a teenaged version of the girl in the opening credits of the show. As for the old lady, who knows. (Well Krang and Shredder know.)Embarrassed Sweatdrop
evanASF27 11-27-2004 01:26 PM
quote:
I doubt it considering we see a teenaged version of the girl in the opening credits of the show. As for the old lady, who knows. (Well Krang and Shredder know.)

EXACTLY, which is why I'm impatient to watch the next episode!! @_@

I can't wait to see happens next. o.o Big Grin