Read this if you wish

¡SpoonySthingyy! 11-21-2004 09:41 PM
I would like to take this oppurtunity, as Krang has left this thread open, to formally apologize to GK and Token Girl.

When the decision was made to change avatars to mock the two of you, I was in for it simply out of sheer boredom. I know, that's about the lamest reason ever, and now I realize that it was pretty damn lame, but..I did it, and now I have to take fall for that. My point, I'm sorry for mocking, as neither one of you, have ever done anything to me, hell, I haven't even talked to either of you before..

I'm sorry.

and to you two as well, for continuing the joke, and changing my location, which shall be corrected momentarily, to go along with Mr. Saturn.

Krang, I would like to apologize to you, for being a part of this "drama", I shall no longer in any way, shape, or form, purposely insert myself into a situation I KNOW will cause unnecessary tension on the forums.

As far as personal issues go, anymore, I'll take them to AIM.

and to all who are getting annoyed, I'm sorry to you too.

Love

SPOONY!

EDIT!
someone has already changed my location...so, I want to apologize for changing my location back, someone obviously took it out the first time for a reason.
Tony Waynewrong 11-21-2004 10:07 PM
Well Xana, I am sad to see you go, despite what I have heard about the situation. All I can say is to communicate with Trotsky and settle this once and for all. I know you two can get this resolved. Good luck to both of you.
Seraphim 11-21-2004 10:26 PM
Well, I was informed on the content of this thread by a friend, and I thought I might chime in.

I think the problem here is not the forum. You could make lots and lots of interesting threads if you wished. The problem lies with the people.

Although I won't be here for it, about exactly a month from now will be my one year anniversary here. Over that year, I've seen the quality of the forums slowly degrade until I left. The MFL used to have some really great and interesting battles, but now it's mostly flamewars -- but most non-MFLers wouldn't understand about that. The Speakeasy seems more like a news forum -- threads with just a link to some news story, and possibly the story quoted. All other forums are slow as hell.

But that's not the problem. My problem was the people... too much fighting, and too much animosity. It seemed like everyone got into little groups and then the groups would fight against each other... it's really screwed up. Like that awards thing, where certain awards were "stuffed" with fake accounts that were deleted after (if you don't believe me, you can check out the mounds of proof in that thread. You'll have to search for it, I can't remember the link, but it was called "seraphim vs. the awards"). I mean, how can you stay in a forum where people have such animosity toward each other? Frankly, I got tired of the flame wars and the RP dances on valentine's day and all that crazy stuff that's probably really mentally unhealthy. I guess that's all I can say about that.

So yeah, that's the formal goodbye. I might check this thread a couple times, though -- that is, unless it gets locked, which it probably will be.

I have no doubt in my mind, though, that more users will keep leaving. In the past bunch of months, we've lost Prons, Nein, Seraphim, Piano Black, Xana, Evan (I heard he left) through formal "I'm not coming backs"... and how many more from just never showing up again? Manji, Solitha_Sil, Silverknight, Big O, and the list goes on...

To be truthful, I don't know what the problem is. I just know what made me want to leave. But it's probably the fact that Big O is dead and gone. If you wonder about the low signups and the high leaving rates, think about this -- if PCF was new, would it be popular if started up right now? No. PCF is a Big O forum, and Big O is gone.

So, as I said earlier, this is my formal goodbye. You can get me on AIM. If you don't know it... ask someone who does.
X Prime 11-21-2004 11:37 PM
...Am I the only one who found it extremely interesting that Seraphim basically left right after whining about the awards, nevermind that most (oh who am I kidding, ALL) of his proof essentially amounted to miscellaneous non-contextualized facts that led to rampant and unproven speculation?

I'd point out to the clearly disgruntled poster above the following points of note:

1) Evan is around.

2) Piano Black was banned for confessed involvement with InvisibleHand, who, surprise, trolled the forums. Prons was banned for harassment and flaming. Silverknight fell into the same category of Prons to a lesser degree. How their departure is lamentable at this point is extremely questionable. The above poster is also guilty of it, again to a lesser degree.

3) Those very same news threads you mentioned have spurred a good number of discussions. Sure, they may hae been locked in the end, but in my eyes they were actually quite fun while they lasted. I had an argument with Zola, and about three days later we had a nice and perfectly pleasant chat over AIM.

4) You have been involved in the very degradation you have attributed to your departure, as have I, but at least I am honest enough to admit it. May I suggest you reflect this fact in all of your future postings? You have essentially trashed everybody who you think, proven or not, but mostly the latter, has conspired against you or your friends for any reason or another, even all the way up to Krang. You have even subtly trashed the mods by your mentioning of the whole awards fiasco and the comments about thread lock. I would hope that such disgusting, below the belt, dishonest behavior is not tolerated here any further.

---

Now, while Xana has left, let's face it, she has left very, very gracelessly. It screams "PITY ME!". This lowers the lament factor to a good degree. The same goes for your departure, which is again extremely graceless, but even moreso as it practically amounts to a thread hijacking to institute a rant.

Aside: Can you tell I don't care about being warned at this point?
AndroidZeroX 11-21-2004 11:56 PM
hahaha sensative much... well i agree with X prime on seraphims not very thought out "resignation" if u will, but i do think the people have something to do with it, but its mostly drama created by people since and online creation cannot create drama, therefore u cannot blame anything ona forum, u can only blame urself
Krang 11-22-2004 12:38 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
The Speakeasy seems more like a news forum -- threads with just a link to some news story, and possibly the story quoted. All other forums are slow as hell.

Err... did you happen to see my previous post? Like I said, "If the threads here don't interest you, start some new ones that do!" If you won't take the initiative in attempting to make this place more interesting for you, you have no right to complain.

quote:
too much fighting, and too much animosity. It seemed like everyone got into little groups and then the groups would fight against each other... it's really screwed up. [...] I mean, how can you stay in a forum where people have such animosity toward each other?

I agree with you there, but is it really worth leaving over? It's not like the arguing has gotten to the point where it constantly disrupts the forums, so is it that hard to ignore (or better yet, report) the problems? There are over 1000 members, and only a small percentage of them regularly argue with each other, so I think you're blowing this way out of proportion. And as I recall, you were a part of the problem in the first place, so the first logical step would be to correct that before complaining and posting a melodramatic "goodbye forever" post. But if you choose to leave over something so trivial, it's your choice...

quote:
Frankly, I got tired of the flame wars and the RP dances on valentine's day and all that crazy stuff that's probably really mentally unhealthy. I guess that's all I can say about that.

Sure, those threads are stupid, but is it really that hard to ignore them? It's not like you're forced to read every thread on the forums... Besides, every forum is bound to have some stupid threads, so as long as they don't constantly pop up (which they don't), I don't see what the problem is.

quote:
I have no doubt in my mind, though, that more users will keep leaving. In the past bunch of months, we've lost Prons, Nein, Seraphim, Piano Black, Xana, Evan (I heard he left) through formal "I'm not coming backs"... and how many more from just never showing up again? Manji, Solitha_Sil, Silverknight, Big O, and the list goes on...

Prons never posted a "goodbye" thread, he was banned for harassing other members. Nein never posted one either, and Evan only said he would stop posting temporarily. So that leaves you, PB, and Xana, and PB was behind InvisibleHand anyway, so his leaving was for the best. As for the rest, ever stop to think that some people happen to be busy in real life and don't have time to stop by as much as they used to? Besides, I've seen many of them stop by every once in a while, so don't fool yourself into thinking that they left forever.

quote:
To be truthful, I don't know what the problem is. I just know what made me want to leave. But it's probably the fact that Big O is dead and gone. If you wonder about the low signups and the high leaving rates, think about this -- if PCF was new, would it be popular if started up right now? No. PCF is a Big O forum, and Big O is gone.

As an administrator who manually validates all new accounts, I'd say the "leaving rates" and signups are about the same, so I don't know what you're talking about there. And PCF is about much more than just Big O, it's about general anime, FMA, video games, movies, music, graphics, and much more. Sure, most people came here to discuss Big O, but they stay here to discuss everything else, and these forums will be here for them for many years to come.

Having said that, I think it's about time to lock this thread.