Episode 2 Discussion: "Body of the Sanctioned"

Shredder 11-13-2004 10:27 PM
It's almost time for episode 2 of FMA! This is the last ep for awhile in Lior village and the show goes into other directions from here, so if you weren't impressed last week, stick with it. If you enjoyed last week's episode, it just keeps getting better, so stay tuned. Smile ) It's an interesting episode, as we start to understand a little more about Ed and Al's background and the type of world they live in. Watch carefully, as even little details may become more important later. Enjoy! Big Grin

Keep in mind that the ep reairs at 2:00 Central/3:00 Eastern and again on Thursday nights at 11:30 Central/12:30 Eastern and 2:30 Central/3:30 Eastern, if you miss it the first time.
evanASF27 11-13-2004 10:53 PM
8 minutes @_@ I CAN'T WAIT X_X

.......if I weren't so freaked out right now I would actually be smiling.....(and I'm freaked out for a very serious reason)
Travis Bickle 11-13-2004 11:29 PM
Honestly, that episode was pretty freakign awesome. I have a friend on the third floor who has all the FMA epsiodes with fansubs, so I might go ahead and watch those. It's a pretty cool show.

And I felt sad when I saw all the dead birds Crying
Raven 11-13-2004 11:58 PM
That was a pretty cool episode, especially when
spoiler (highlight to read):
Gluttony ate the priest
Series is looking good so far.
Green_Bird 11-14-2004 12:06 AM
Man that guy liked to make statues come to life 0_o....Oh well not having a headache this week....I could fully injoy both FMA and GitS. I must say that FMA is getting good.
Kittie heavenly6 11-14-2004 05:37 AM
PLEEEEEEEEEASE Tell me someone has a syopsis for this episode somewhere! I was un able to watch this weeks episode, but I'm dying to know what I missed.

God how I missed new ep discussions. this makes me want TBO 3 even more.
pen1300 11-14-2004 08:38 AM
Ok, I think I'm set to watch this religiously (Let's see that's show number four I watch religiously). That was quite interesting. I like Rose for some reason. Poor girl, lost her boyfriend and wanted him back so bad, only, not REALLY getting him back. Though, when you see the feathers, you go "What the...?"

Good dubbing. I really like the dubbing! And characterwise, Ed is so cool and Al is like Ed's conscience. I love how Ed is.

If next week's episode is all about how Ed and Al loved their mom, lost her, and attempt to bring her back, then I'm hooked. See, it takes me a little bit to get into a show.

Later,
Pen1300
Wingnut 11-14-2004 09:11 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Raven
That was a pretty cool episode, especially when
Gluttony ate the priest
Series is looking good so far.

Ah so that's what happened. I wasn't quite sure about what happened in that scene.
Anyone else catch the line about Ed and Al's one truth rule about Alchamy? Schwarzwald would be proud.
Dude Love 11-14-2004 11:08 AM
Another good episode. I can't see why anyone would call this a slow start...

What I enjoyed most about the episodes was the throwback to when Ed and Al were children. That's probably the most plot-oriented part of this.
Redd 11-14-2004 12:28 PM
I missed last week's episode so I was really glad that I could see this one. I love the show already! When I saw the feathers, I hoped the guy would look like P-Chan from Pet Shop of Horrors, but he turned out to be that creepy bird thing... So anyway, I'll be sure to start watching this show now that I have seen it and i like it. ^__^
evanASF27 11-14-2004 01:22 PM
That was an AWESOME episode @_@ I can't wait to see what happens next.

GK, I taped the episode so maybe later I can fill you in with a poorly-written sum-up of what happened Smile
Sephiroth 11-14-2004 05:26 PM
That was awesome! I had never seen the show before that, so it was a little confusing, but I still found it really cool. Now I really want to see the rest of the series. My favorite part was when Ed showed the priest who was boss by making the giant statue come to life, that scene was awesome.
BabyGhia 11-14-2004 10:46 PM
I really liked this episode. Looking forward to seeing next week's ep. Everything seemed to make more sense in this ep.

Certainly going to be watching this next week... can't wait!

BabyGhia
Krang 11-15-2004 02:31 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Grunger Kittie Version 1
PLEEEEEEEEEASE Tell me someone has a syopsis for this episode somewhere! I was un able to watch this weeks episode, but I'm dying to know what I missed.

It airs again on Thursday, so you can either watch it or tape it then. Here's the schedule (be sure to set it to your time zone).
Mr. Fortnight 11-15-2004 02:48 AM
Man. This was a good episode, and I can't wait to see the background of our protagonists played out in the next episode. This is truely an impressive and well thought out series. CN picked a good one.
Madrona 11-18-2004 05:53 PM
Okay, I finally got to watch this episode. Can somebody please tell me what's going on with
The preacher's arm?. Why are there all those cables and such?
I know that Al said something at that point but I keep missing it.

I am really enjoying this show.

Madrona
Asirt 11-18-2004 06:31 PM
Just saw the second episode yesterday, and it was great! I like the part where Ed shows off his powers to Cornello when the big statue came up. It seems that AS seems to like the second opening theme, as I did not hear Melissa once again. Oh well, no big deal.

quote:

The stone was a fake, and Ed and Al discovered. It can be only be used for an amount of time before it got Cornello's arm.

I look forward to seeing more.
Krang 11-18-2004 06:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Madrona
Okay, I finally got to watch this episode. Can somebody please tell me what's going on with
I know that Al said something at that point but I keep missing it.

Not a spoiler if you've seen episode 2:
The significance of that scene was to show the negative effects of using a fake Philosopher's Stone. While Cornello thought it was real, he was actually tricked by Lust and Gluttony, and it backfired on him.

BTW, I also wanted to mention again that episode 2 of FMA will air again tonight, so if anyone missed it or wants to see it again, be sure to check your local listings.
evanASF27 11-18-2004 07:28 PM
Someone better remind GK then. I don't think he wants to miss it again...

This is alot like (but not quite as suspensful) the premiring of SeasonII of Big O...damn it feels good to be doin this again Big Grin ...I wonder if after the last episode I'll go insane again? Neutral
aeternus_flammus 11-18-2004 09:45 PM
How did they make a fake philosopher's stone?