Episode 2 Discussion: "Body of the Sanctioned"

Shredder 11-18-2004 10:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by aeternus_flammus
How did they make a fake philosopher's stone?

They'll get to that eventually in more detail. A big theme in the show is Ed and Al discovering if the stone exists, and if so, where and how to find it.

Evan, I think the ending will also make for some interesting discussion, but enough about that because it's a long ways away and I don't want to spoil anything... Smile )
AzraelTepes 11-19-2004 02:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by aeternus_flammus
How did they make a fake philosopher's stone?

It seems that what it did was, instead of negating the Exchange Rule, it just temporarily absorbed it. Eventually, it got full and backblasted, trying to even itself out.
Zopwx2 11-19-2004 05:39 PM
ok saw it on thurs.

This show is getting pretty interesting.

I'm a big fan of the reason vs. blind faith thing they had going in these first couple episodes.

And although Alchemy looks pretty much like magic, I'm glad a major part of it is that it follows certain unbreakable rules.
Sephiroth 04-01-2006 11:27 PM
I'd just like to say, that the fart/diarrhea noises only served to make this episode even more amazing than when I first saw it. Call me childish, but I found the fact that they went so far as to cut out entire lines for farts hilarious. FMA should have more farting in it.
Nine Kuze 04-03-2006 01:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sephiroth
I'd just like to say, that the fart/diarrhea noises only served to make this episode even more amazing than when I first saw it. Call me childish, but I found the fact that they went so far as to cut out entire lines for farts hilarious. FMA should have more farting in it.

God, that annoyed made like hell. Some of it was funny as you know what though, like when Rose was with Kane/the Bird and the beginning but I wanted to tape this episode and with the farting noises... yeah. Forget that.
Peace.