Rock music....is there such a thing anymore?

Patsai 10-29-2005 01:56 AM
Well not necessarily screaming, but definitely a lot of agnst, and this is a type of band that isn't afraid to hide it.
dtk91 10-29-2005 02:06 AM
Well i dunno... i guess they are kind've in between... you can tell what they're saying when they perform.
Patsai 10-29-2005 03:29 AM
Meh, my friends usually glorify them for their songs like "Y'all Want a Single", "Falling Away From Me", and "Got the Life", all songs that...well, are angst. I like the band, although I don't see anything special about them despite Johnathan Davis's unique voice.
Travis Bickle 10-29-2005 09:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dtk91
Exhale Saga mentioned that KoRn is a screaming band.... When I've really never heard them scream.. Confused this bugs me... can anyone agree with me on this? and also I think Korn has a definite sound to them. They arnt a band that copied other bands and took their sound.... They have their own sound and write their own music. KoRn is completely differnet from Slipknot too... how dare you put them togther. (There's a big rivalry between Korn and Slipknot fans at our school.) forgive me for being so critical about this but it just bothers me.

Listen to the first two albums. Nothing but screaming, with a little melody/harmony thrown in every know and then. They're also the only two good ones, in my opinion.
Sharpshooter005 11-03-2005 08:48 AM
quote:
(There's a big rivalry between Korn and Slipknot fans at our school.)

WHOEVER WINS. WE LOSE.
Generalissimo D 11-03-2005 04:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
(There's a big rivalry between Korn and Slipknot fans at our school.)

WHOEVER WINS. WE LOSE.

But the twist is...One of the guys from Korn facehugs a guy from Slipknot...therfore developing the dreaded hybrid:
SLIPKORN

Rock music exists. Much in the same way dinosaurs still exist. A pleasent memory from a bygone age.