Favorite Disney cartoon movie....

Madrona 11-13-2004 06:31 PM
As much as I love the Pixar films, I have to stick with the classics and say Sleeping beauty is my favorite. Snow White comes in right behind it though( the first feature length cartoon from Disney).

I liked the design of the forest. Everything was very vertical. They did it that way on purpose to set it apart from Snow White.
Maleficent is the biggest badass witch that there is.

Madrona
Tifaria 11-13-2004 06:35 PM
Ooh, I can't choose! When I was really little, Cinderella was my favorite. I literally wore my videocasette out watching it so much. I was Cinderella for Halloween, my parents took my to see the musical, I could recite the movie, etc. It was bad.

Then, when I was five, I got to see The Little Mermaid in the theatre. I was obsessed. A friend of mine had the video, and I didn't, and I'd borrow it from her like every weekend, or we'd have sleepovers and watch it literally ten times over the weekend. It was great. We'd act the movie out and sing the songs with our other friends on the playground.. oh man, those were the days. I guess that one's probably my favorite, but seriously, there are very few Disney movies that I can't stand (coughAtlantiscough).

I absolutely adore Pixar's movies, but I don't really consider them Disney, since Disney's just the distributor for them.
Tickle Tickle 11-13-2004 06:41 PM
My all time is Sleeping Beauty. Not that cheesy, and Maleficent was awesome. Seriously, Maleficent kicks EVERY Disney villain's ass. I really like some of the backgrounds used in the flim. Reminds me alot of the ones that were used in Cutie Honey. Plus, the song's a classic. But aside from Sleeping Beauty, I really don't care for Disney's tone down crappy kiddy version of fairy tales.

Toei's Anderson Douwa: Ningyo Hime > Disney's The Little Mermaid.
Nine Kuze 12-02-2005 03:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo
DUDE! You totally forgot the Lion King! That has to be one of the greatest animated movies of the 90's!

That's is so damned true! My favorite Disney movie of all-time is the Lion King. I pretend that the sequel doesn't exist and Beauty and the Beast, Pochontas, The Little Mermaid, and Bambi are up there for me as well.
Peace.
Generalissimo D 12-02-2005 07:00 PM
Aladin and The Lion King are my favorites, and the former is one of the few things I can still enjoy with no political interferences while the latter just being about...lions.

w00t.
David Ryder 12-02-2005 07:43 PM
Aladin for me. Liked the art style, setting and it has robin williams.
The Baker St. Irregular 12-02-2005 07:56 PM
Hmmmmm. This is very, very hard. It's a toss between Fantasia and The Incredibles.

However, I would really say if I had to, I'd go with Fantasia. Not only does it feature absolutely biznatchin' music (Freaking Beethoven and Tchaikovsky, man), but the animation has to be the best Disney has ever done or ever will do. Fantasia is of a quality and beauty that Disney will never be able to match again. Disney has strayed too far from traditional animation, and now it's impossible to go back again with the same kind of caliber it used to have. Traditional animation is a horribly difficult process, yes, but it also has great beauty, too, and no amount of computer advances will ever be able to truly capture the same kind of power Fantasia has.

It's depressing, really. Now, with Pixar out on its own, Disney seems a shell of what it once was.

Also, Lion King is so totally a rip-off of Osamu Tezuka's Kimba the White Lion.
Dark-0 12-02-2005 07:59 PM
Peter Pan, Aladdin, I guess no one knows this one but Flight of the Navigator.
evanASF27 12-02-2005 08:31 PM
Fantasia, 1 Billion points to me and Mistress-Samwise.

Ya hear that Regis? ...one BILLION...
Tickle Tickle 12-02-2005 08:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mistress-Samwise

Word.
Generalissimo D 12-02-2005 09:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Naojiro
quote:

Word.

A Public Health Warning.
Tickle Tickle 12-03-2005 07:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by D-Boy
A Public Health Warning.

Ummm.. yeah. So, what was that for?
Travis Bickle 12-03-2005 07:48 PM
quote:

The Lion King was still better, though.
Gato Gurl914 12-04-2005 07:35 PM
beauty and the beast! i love that one. mulan is a close second.
Nine Kuze 12-05-2005 09:10 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Gato Gurl914
beauty and the beast! i love that one. mulan is a close second.

Damn, I forgot about Mulan. That was a good movie too but I wasn't feeling the sequel though.
Peace.
Gato Gurl914 12-05-2005 11:23 AM
meh disney sequels usually suck. aladin and the king of theives was alright...
BethMcBeth 12-05-2005 12:17 PM
Disney's Mulan the first one (sorry Iam against Disney sequals) I thought was also excellent the style in the art was beautiful.

-Beth
Lady Tesser 12-05-2005 07:00 PM
Better off naming the ones I DON'T like - 'Hunchback of Notre Dame', sequels, and 'Dumbo' (yeah, I can't stand 'Dumbo' for some reason).

Okay, top three favorites - 'Fantasia', 'The Emperor's New Groove', and 'The Sword in the Stone'. I do love Disney animated movies.

For live-action Disney, I have only two favorites - 'Bedknobs and Broomsticks' and 'Mary Poppins'. I'm tempted to write a fanfic connecting the two, especially since Michael Banks would be around the same age as Emilius Brown, and Mr. Brown and George Banks were both played by David Tomlinson. Hmm ...
Inigo Montoya 12-06-2005 08:07 PM
Aladdin really spoke to me, looking back. I was watching it again recently and it hit me how much I can relate to Aladdin falling in love with a woman he feels is out of his reach.

*sigh* If only I had a genie to make it so she and I could be together.

For live-action movies, I enjoyed the original Lovebug. And the Shaggy Dog.
Hobodoken 12-06-2005 08:57 PM
That's far too hard a question.

Robin Hood, Alladin, Peter Pan, The Aristocats, Oliver and Company, the Fox and the Hound... I could keep going, but I should be writing college essays right now.