Venture Brothers Discussion

-Wanderer- 11-08-2004 12:42 AM
What type of crap is AS tryin to pull with showing this episode with the Venture brothers dying at the end?
-Is this really the end?

Even Big O-Season was longer than this.
Trotsky 11-08-2004 01:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by -Wanderer-
What type of crap is AS tryin to pull with showing this episode with the Venture brothers dying at the end?
-Is this really the end?

Even Big O-Season was longer than this.

ya i was wondering the same thing, i reely think because of them bliping out adult geard stuff, that they arnt going to make any more
Ace of Spades 11-08-2004 02:02 PM
Nah, they've been talking about starting a season 2. And they've got a Christmas episode coming to Adult Swim soon, besides Dr. Orpheus probably revived them.
Sharpshooter005 11-08-2004 08:36 PM
I think they're in talks for a second season.

They die at the end? Wow..I..must have been in the other room or something
Molasses 11-09-2004 01:07 AM
I think the way they died at the end was just supposed to be a spoof of the ending of the movie Easy Rider.
Sephiroth 11-13-2004 04:25 PM
No, that wasn't the end, in fact that episode actually comes before the trial of the monarch episode in its actual order. So, its not over, Cartoon Network just changed the order to end the season.
o55goten 11-13-2004 06:18 PM
Al right they are clones because in the testicular torsion epp. Dr. Venture said so there is an after effect of the cloning process so that means Dr. V. will just make another.
C.R Foxhound 11-13-2004 10:00 PM
Naw...

I mean, its the Venture Bros. im sure they'll have some BS explanation for all of it

BTW, i love this show, BROCK PWNZ JOO!!!!
Instro 12-04-2004 10:16 PM
Like most of the home grown Adult Swim shows, the Venture Brothers blows. I particularly can't stand the brothers, they are such dweebs. The only interesting characters in the whole show are Brock Sampson and Molotov.

The big fight they had in a certain episode was the only time I laughed at the show. I fell of the couch laughing when you see her hammer and sickle chastity belt.

If you ask me, CN should just ditch the whole Venture family and make a show just about Brock and Molotov.
R.Smith 12-15-2004 01:32 AM
Did you all know there's a chirstmas special on the 19th?
Dork 12-15-2004 12:45 PM
I hope they do a season two. Venture Brothers is one of the very few Adult Swim comedy shows I can even stand.
COHugh 12-15-2004 12:59 PM
Indeed... Watching Brock get worked up into a freenzy is hilarious... The episode where they get trapped in the "dream machine" or whatever and Brock is just killing endless hordes of men is awesome!! Wink
Trotsky 12-15-2004 08:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by COHugh
Indeed... Watching Brock get worked up into a freenzy is hilarious... The episode where they get trapped in the "dream machine" or whatever and Brock is just killing endless hordes of men is awesome!! Wink

heh even he remarked on how redicklus it was.

i love this show, i hope they make more seasons. but i dont know if they will or not.
R.Smith 12-15-2004 11:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dork
I hope they do a season two. Venture Brothers is one of the very few Adult Swim comedy shows I can even stand.

Well, acroding to Jackson Publick's LJ(the creator) the higher the ratings on the reruns, the better the chance for a second season. So get watching!
R.Smith 12-19-2004 11:59 PM
Anyone see the christmas special?

I thought it was very funny. I liked it when Dr. Orpheus made Peter White's mistletoe burn Big Grin . Too bad it was only 11 mintues. Frown
Sharpshooter005 12-20-2004 01:25 AM
I hope everyone watched the christmas special, being as high ratings (which, apparently the show is recieving) means more episodes. Also it was just good...short, but good.

Oh, yes. On the guys livejournal (the creator, jason publick or whatever), there are two links.

One is to a rather bizzare (yet strangely amusing) cover version of the bing crosby/david bowie duet of "white christmas" sung by the monarch and dr. girlfriend (I told you it was bizzare..the monarch doing david bowies lines is great though). And one is to a...surprisingly good...silent film done by the co-writer of the series.
Negotiator_Roger_Smith 02-16-2005 03:10 PM
I am curious! What is ur favorite The Venture Brothers moments or quotes in the show so far?

I love the yard sale at the venture compound and the fights unshuing from it!

quote from espoide Past Test

Dean: Funerals are creepy.
Hank: What's the big deal? We see dead guys all the time.
Dean: When!?
Hank: Dude, just last week Brock killed two dervishes with a pillowcase full of cokes, right in our bedroom!
Dean: He just knocked them out...
Hank: Don't sing yourself another lullaby, baby Dean, the police took them away in body bags!
Dean: Sleeping bags! Those were sleeping bags!

Mid-Life Chrysalis

Dr. Venture: Crap, who am I kidding? My looks are going down the toilet faster then an unwanted pregnancy on prom night.

The Trial of The Monarch

*comes out of the restroom and tells brock and venture boys* Dr. Orpheus. Do not be too hasty entering that room - I HAD TACO BEELLLL FOR LUNCH!
Sharpshooter005 02-16-2005 04:06 PM
quote:
What is ur favorite The Venture Brothers moments or quotes in the show so far?

This is, bar none, the most quoted thing between my friend and I. Heres a few, as best I remember them.

Trial of the Monarch

The entire "mecha-shiva" sequence.

Dr. Girlfriend"What are these hard chunks?"
Phantomb Limb:"...My tears."

Brock:" Don't Worry Boys, your dads not in any danger, The Guild Kills Clean"
Hank: "kills clean, don't let dames get in the way"
Brock: "Jesus Hank, Where do you come up with this stuff? I never see you read"
Dean: "it's scary right?"
Brock: "It's like he channels dead crazy people"
Hank: "you think it's a cry for help?"

Careers in Science

Dean:"I hate phantom space man"

Are you there God? It's me, Dean.

Dr. Venture: "Dean have you been shooting dope into your scrotum?! You can tell me I'm hip!"

Henchman: "Dude! Papa Smurf has a F**king beard! They're mammals!"

Henchman: "I think it was two ninjas taped together, to make one giant ninja!"

The Incredible Mr. Brisby

Brisby:"MANDERLAY! I'VE COME AFLAME!"

Return to Spider Skull Island

Dr. Venture: "I'd like a second opinion. Oh wait! I'm a doctor, I can give myself one! You suck, and I'm leaving."

Tag Sale-You're IT!

Billy Quizboy: "You put a picture of a shrink ray, on the shrink ray? Thats totally lame."
Peter White: "Yeah, I mean..maybe if you had a picture of a huge guy, then some ray circles, and
a little guy next to him"

The Monarch: (Referring to Dr. Venture's lab) "Look at this place, it's like a museum of failure"
Dr. Girlfriend: "It's almost depressing"
The Monarch: "I mean, what can I do to this guy that life already hasnt?"

The Monarch:"Nobody cares who would win in some creepy fantasy fistfight between Lizzie Borden and Anne Frank."

A very Venture Christmas

(The X-1 has crashed into the Church of the Nativity)
Dr. Venture: "Where are we?"
Brock:"Bethlehem"
Dr. Venture: "So..what do we do now?"
Brock:"Depends on who finds us first. If its the Israelis we should be okay, I know some guys in the Mossad. If the PLO gets to us..well..my Arabics a little shaky"
Dr. Venture:"You're forgetting, the X-1 runs on pure plutonium! They're gonna love us!"

They need to pick this up for a second season.
Big Money 02-16-2005 04:49 PM
Everything Dr. Orpheous says is awesome...

"... I had TACO BELL for lunch!"

"Who wants PIZZA ROLLS?"
Hienrich Ele 02-16-2005 05:29 PM
I don't have any quotes memorized, but my one of my favorite moments is in the episode with the Ghost Pilot who was Dr. Venture's friend.

When the "pirates" capture Brock, and ask him where the key is, and they do a cavity search. The guy's hand his then crushed by Brock's rear end and then uses the guy to beat the other pirate.

That had me laughing.