Fullmetal Alchemist Video Games Discussion

Asirt 11-07-2004 03:51 PM
Recently, there has been some talk about video games being made for FMA. As far as I know, there are 2 games for the PS2 (one still in development). There may be others. This thread will be for discussing the Fullmetal Alchemist video games and how it relates to the series (for those who have seen the entire series, of course).

Here is the first game I found while searching on the Internet.

Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel

This game is made by Square Enix, the people who brought you Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. It looks pretty cool. The release date for the US version is on January 18, 2005. Here is a summary of what the game is about from IGN.com:

quote:
Fulmetal Alchemist is the adventure tale of two brothers: Edward Elric, a fellow with spikey hair and a metal arm and leg; and Alphonse, a little fellow whose only body is a gigantic suit of armor. Both brothers were hideously disformed due to Ed's attempt to revive their dead mother with the science of alchemy -- the ability to transmute objects into other forms, a mystical technology practiced often in this series' world by those gifted with the power. Now, their only hope of returning to normal is to venture to the chaotic Central City and become a National Alchemist master. Based on the manga and anime of the same name, this game is a weapon-centric acton/RPG with more than 30 minutes of original animation created specifically from the creators of the show

Some screenshots from the game (from IGN.com and resized for easier access):

The game looks pretty good. It's a RPG type of game. Anyone else heard of this or any other FMA games?
Kittie heavenly6 11-07-2004 11:20 PM
I have a subscription to EGM and they bring this game up often. They seem to think it's looking good so far. I'll probably check it out, Square is pretty much always gold Imo.
Tabris-kun 12-22-2004 08:22 PM
Does anyone have any info on the game?
Hobodoken 12-22-2004 08:32 PM
Can't say I do, but I'm curious to hear about it...
evanASF27 12-22-2004 09:16 PM
Is there a game?! O_O

I would like to buy it then! Big Grin ...just depending what system it's for Sweatdrop (N64, GBC, and GBA is all I got)
nathjan 12-22-2004 09:25 PM
Asirt 12-23-2004 01:48 AM
As far as the video games go, I heard that there will be two FMA games for the PS2. And I also believe there is one for the GBA as well. The first PS2 game, Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel, (which nathjan already pointed out) will be coming to the US on January 18, 2005.

[Edit: Threads merged. --Krang]
nathjan 12-24-2004 06:23 PM
Buck Buck #1 01-07-2005 04:59 PM
here is an article from gamespy.com on an other FMA game. This one is a fighter calledFull Metal Alchemist: Dream Carnival. It looks kinda like the Naruto fighters if anyone has played those.
Sephiroth 04-08-2005 11:26 AM
I have some news! Apparently, two more FMA video games are going to be released. Both on the PS2 and both in the same style as the last one. The next one to arrive will follow the storyline of the anime, beginning with the town of Leor. The third, The Girl who Surpasses Gods, will take place in a side story, and will actually alllow you to play as both Ed and Al.
Here is an image of that:

Just thought I'd share what I found out.
nathjan 07-15-2005 04:14 AM
I highly suggest people pick up the second FMA ps2 game that just came out in the US not only do you get the game but you also get episode 27 and 28 for free
Chaoz 07-15-2005 04:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by nathjan
I highly suggest people pick up the second FMA ps2 game that just came out in the US not only do you get the game but you also get episode 27 and 28 for free

Wow, I never knew that.

I might rent the 2 FMA game.
nathjan 07-15-2005 05:11 PM
well the two episodes came on a bonus dvd and i doubt that you'll get it when u rent the game