Welcome

evanASF27 11-06-2004 01:08 PM
meh sure I mean, the Speakeasy had finally surpassed Smith Mansion in posts...sure Ailesberry has become alot more active...(but so has the Fanworks section)...but I mean if you look in just about any thread, you'll see a hint of Big O or at least one or two schwarzwald/dorothy/roger references! Big Grin

But yah, I'll give it a shot Krang Smile Can't hurt to see one ep...I wonder if
spoiler (highlight to read):
DA SPOILER BOX @_@
will become common again? Shocked I mean before the airing of Act26, you'd see TONS of spoiler boxes...now...I'm like the only one who uses them (for Big Lupin's "hidden weapons" in the MFL Sweatdrop )
Zopwx2 11-06-2004 01:26 PM
Are you going to add any FMA content to the main page?
Asirt 11-06-2004 01:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
Are you going to add any FMA content to the main page?

Well,

quote:
No, if we do decide to start covering FMA in addition to Big O, it will be a separate site and not combined with Paradigm City. The expansion applies to the forums only.

I'm going to guess that applies to content as well, so if FMA content will be available in the future, it will be on another site.
Green_Bird 11-06-2004 01:57 PM
I'm accualy just waiting on GitS.....But since it's before it....I might as well wach it to see if I like it......

um....did you guys know that there's going to be a FMA movie coming out? It was hinted in the Wolf's Rain interview/artical in Animerica......just thought you guys would like to know.....
evanASF27 11-06-2004 02:03 PM
quote:
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion: Discuss anything related to the Fullmetal Alchemist anime, manga, and upcoming movie here.

there ya go Pleased Big Grin Wink ^^
Green_Bird 11-06-2004 02:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
quote:
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion: Discuss anything related to the Fullmetal Alchemist anime, manga, and upcoming movie here.

there ya go Pleased Big Grin Wink ^^

Oops...Heh..guess I didn't see that Embarrassed Sweatdrop
Asirt 11-06-2004 02:27 PM
I've heard about the upcoming movie as well. I heard that it will come out sometime in 2005. Other than that, I don't know a whole lot about the movie.

Here is the place to see the trailer for the movie.
http://www.shochiku.co.jp/hagaren/top.html
Zopwx2 11-06-2004 03:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Trisa

quote:
No, if we do decide to start covering FMA in addition to Big O, it will be a separate site and not combined with Paradigm City. The expansion applies to the forums only.

I'm going to guess that applies to content as well, so if FMA content will be available in the future, it will be on another site. Smile

Hope that helps,
Trisa

I think thats a good idea. If that FMA site starts getting big we'll start to get a new mix of people down in the forums.

Not only will big o people start checking out FMA some FMA fans may get a chance to look into this big o show.

EDIT: I threw a link to these forums into a couple stickied FMA threads over at the AS forums, maybe just to bring a few fans in.

Although they have a thread sticked almost like the one here with the episode title for everyone to discuss it in.
nathjan 11-06-2004 07:04 PM
http://www.fullmetalalchemist.com/promote.htm

Theres a Sig banner you can use and theres also i Flyer you can download and print out.

Heres what the Flyer looks like, just resized

evanASF27 11-06-2004 07:11 PM
may I ask a question?

What's the setting for this? Olden days japan? Modern Japan? futuristic japan but in an old timey way?
Asirt 11-06-2004 07:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
may I ask a question?

What's the setting for this? Olden days japan? Modern Japan? futuristic japan but in an old timey way?

quote:
The setting is sorcery\steam punk one, where not only do we have magic in the form of various applications of alchemy, we also have cars, phones, and even mechnical limbs called automail.

The background also includes a military dominated government, with state sponsored alchemist forming an elite within the military, but the downside is most of the population hatees them, and calls them 'dogs of the military'.

The internal consitancy is maintained by the way that all alchemy follows a set of defined rules, and any apparent deviations from these are rare cases, and generally are using an artifact of some description, or the alchemists have bent the rules slightly.

It sounds like it's a Modern setting with some magic... I'm not sure though, but that was the best I could find.
evanASF27 11-06-2004 07:24 PM
ah okay...gotcha....I think o.O;; thanks
Shredder 11-07-2004 07:22 PM
Thanks, Trisa, that's a good summary of the setting. It definately is set in a sort of alternate universe, we found out a little more later in the series.
Wingnut 11-07-2004 11:28 PM
Not to mention that they have their own odd calander system. It says that the original attempt made by Ed and Al was in 1910.
R and D 11-09-2004 06:43 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
I guess I'll watch it and see what its about.

yah since there's nothin on cable these days. *sighs* over 100 hundred channels and still nothing on. Red Face
Gestmaniac 11-15-2004 09:50 AM
I've been watching this in Japanese, and well, I think that it's a purdy darn good anime series...
Buck Buck #1 11-27-2004 10:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
This does seem to be a nice anime, I've seen large displays of that robot/armor looking thing in photos of conventions in Japan.

Ah, here we go, did a quick search on www.google.jp with the kanji that was on that ANN site:

They had one of those at Anime Weekend Atlanta a couple of months ago. I didn't really know what it was for at the time.
Big Waddle Inferno 01-28-2005 10:32 PM
It's great that a FMA forum was added here since I was a regular member last.

It's too bad that most of you are experiencing FMA the first time on AS, as the dub is pretty bad.
Black Hayate 07-21-2005 06:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Trisa
I've heard about the upcoming movie as well. I heard that it will come out sometime in 2005. Other than that, I don't know a whole lot about the movie.

Here is the place to see the trailer for the movie...
http://www.shochiku.co.jp/hagaren/top.html

Later,
Trisa

Here is another Trailer: Click Here

(You must have Windows Media Player.)
Sir Nise 07-21-2005 09:55 PM
Hmmm, sorta old thread, but great find Hayate! That movie looks mega awesome! What is the dragon about? Who knows? Mystery awaits! 7/23/2005 release in Japan.