[Suggestion] Political Discussion Subforum

evanASF27 11-04-2004 04:08 PM
Actually I think Wienberg should help out at the "new" subsection. He seems the best choice I can think of. (FP's already a mod so I can't pick HIM Tongue )
Piano Black 11-04-2004 05:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dawnstrider
I will agree, however, that it might be best to wait until we get our staff up in numbers a bit first, since adding an extra subforum might spread the Mods a bit thin.
Those are my two cents.

Peace Cool .

I would like to voulenteer too. I feel that I am capable of moderating a forum. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
Actually I think Wienberg should help out at the "new" subsection.

I agree.
Prons 11-04-2004 05:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Piano Black
quote:
I will agree, however, that it might be best to wait until we get our staff up in numbers a bit first, since adding an extra subforum might spread the Mods a bit thin.
Those are my two cents.

Peace Cool .

I would like to voulenteer too. I feel that I am capable of moderating a forum. Smile

quote:

I agree.

I feel both you, Pian0 Black and Wienberg would do a damn good job as mods for such a forum, seeing as you two have heads for this type of thing.
Of course, thats all up to K and S
Mr. Fortnight 11-04-2004 10:57 PM
I will toss my name in, if only to be there. So if things get dngerous, I can swing for the fences and keep things civil. Although I don't know if there are additional limits and codes of behavior for mods, but I can and will stand up for the forum's rules.
Krang 11-04-2004 11:09 PM
Some of you have brought up some good points. If special guidelines are set up and the forum is watched closely enough, this may be a good possibility. I especially agree with the concept of preventing people from posting in the new section if they start causing problems there (and if they post anyway, they risk a warning).

quote:

Good idea, I had been planning on expanding our mod team a while ago, but some problems came up which postponed that. It might be better to continue with the plan first before adding the new subforum, so more details will be posted soon.

quote:
Originally posted by Piano Black

quote:

I agree.

Sorry, but to be honest, those two have both done something in the past to break my trust, so they would be much less likely to be considered as mods than someone who hasn't. (If anyone has any questions about this, please keep them to PMs to prevent the thread from going off-topic).
Zola 11-04-2004 11:41 PM
I'd mod if you needed help, Krang. No problem.
Zopwx2 11-05-2004 12:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Zola
I'd mod if you needed help, Krang. No problem.

I'd love to help out too, although I have very little moderating experience....
Madrona 11-05-2004 01:53 AM
I voted yes. As long as it's a large political/ philosophical/ relgious subforum, why not? I've seen people post here with things that make my head hurt. Meaning...we have smart people here. And if there is going to be that sort of discussion, I might as well hear it from people I like as oppossed to the talking heads on TV.

Madrona
Avenir 11-05-2004 02:04 AM
If they can be discussed in a professional, intelligent manner, I take back my previous statement and say yes. After a little thinking, it seems appealing and quite interesting. Political history and philisophy especially.

If moderators are needed, I have past experience in doing so and would gladly volunteer.
dominusofdeath 11-05-2004 05:49 AM
Or maybe we could just move all political discussions to "The Bar". That way it has alot of mods and don't count for post totals.
Dude Love 11-05-2004 10:29 AM
DoD, I personally don't think that's a good idea. Sure, the Bar has plenty of moderators, but it doesn't lend itself towards Intellectual Discussions. All the intellectual threads would get drowned out by the other popular threads in there.

Also, it'd lead to disorganization of the fora. It'd be just extremely weird, and counter to the idea of unifying members of intellectual discussion.
Mr. Fortnight 11-15-2004 04:08 AM
Indeed. Threads of this importance need their own forum. So as not to clutter anywhere else.

Not to mention, the Bar for instance is a forum that not only is a spam catcher, but posts there do not count. I doubt people who put in 5-page diatribes on politics would appreciate their work not getting counted.