[Comment] More of a Signature Complaint

Krang 05-03-2005 01:41 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Maw
uhhh....how do i say this....
just one question: is my sig too big?

Your sig pic is 258 pixels high, so I wouldn't consider it to be too big due to how close it is to the limit.
Mr. Fortnight 05-04-2005 08:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
quote:
Originally posted by A Clockwork Tomato
Given the choice, I'd rather put up with oversized signatures than all the bitching and moaning about them.

Maybe we should have a rule against complaining about rules violations in postings. Narking on other members should be done in a PM to a moderator, not in a public denunciation. Gentle reminders to the members should also be done privately.

Well, I happened to accidentally stumble across this thread because according to Who Is Where Online, a spider was looking at it in the archives. So, I looked at it and decided to put in my two cents. It not only addresses the issue to the Admins, but it also serves as a reminder of sorts of the rule to those creating sigs (a double whammy, if I may).

And thank you, A Clockwork Tomato, for indirectly insulting me. I look foward to doing the same to you in the future Smile

Actually, ACT wasn't insulting you, Cerpin, he was just making a general point.

I find it annoying when people post just to tell a newbie to lessen the pixel real-estate of their sigpic. Tell an Admin or a Mod. PMs to the offender or howling at the person publicly serves no purpose than to foster a negative atmosphere in a forum.

Also, I'm starting to wonder why a hot thread that had died down because it purpose was served got revived. If a thread looks like it'll get flaming hot again, leave it dead. It's only serving to be flamebait.

Cerp, stop following the spiders.
X Prime 05-04-2005 08:45 PM
Newbies doing it is somewhat excusable on the basis that they are, surprise, newbies and know no better. Seasoned board vets doing it on the other hand is a completely different story. Most PMs go fine by the way, it's just the few sour cases that drive some mad.